- Introduction to the Unity Certified 3D Artist Specialisation
- The Unity Certified 3D Artist Exam
- Introduction to Course 2
- Challenge 1 | Lighting with a Skybox
- Solution 1 | Lighting with a Skybox
Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects
Excel at the Unity Certified 3D Artist examination by preparing with Coursera’s Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects online certification programme
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects online course is the second part of a 5-part specialisation offered by Unity Technologies and Coursera. If you wish to appear for the Unity Certified 3D Artist exam, you will benefit from this course series. This is an online training programme offered by Unity and will be taught by Joy Horvath.
The Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects syllabus focuses on the Kitchen Configurator application. This application allows users to observe a realistic rendering of a kitchen space and swap out the materials to customise the design. You will also add lighting effects that include simulated sunlight, ambient lighting from a custom skybox, interior lights, and realistic reflections.
Furthermore, Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects by Coursera is an intermediate course that you can join for free. You can earn a certificate for completing the course and use it to enhance your credentials and get better job offers.
- Unity Technologies offering
- Five-week online course with nine hours completion time
- Intermediate Level training
- Purchasable certificate
- Adjustable deadlines
- Videos with subtitles in multiple languages
- Free enrolment available
- Offered by unity
- Flexible learning
- Part of ‘unity certified 3d artist specialization’ series
- Shareable certificate
- Reading material
- Discussion forum
- Practice exercises
- Subtitles in multiple languages
- Peer review
- Online training
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- You can join the course for free by choosing the ‘Audit’ option.
- For the verified certificate, you must pay the Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects course fee of Rs. 5,796
Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects fee structure
Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects – Audit
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects online course is suitable for anyone looking for a position as a Unity 3D artist and those who wish to test their skills against a professional standard.
Since this is an intermediate course, you must have knowledge and experience of 3D art in Unity before you join the Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects programme. You should know how to import assets into Unity from DCC tools, how to work with lighting, how to prototype scenes, and add effects and particles. Moreover, you should have a basic knowledge of 2D asset management, animation, and script working.
Lastly, you should be experienced in the full product development life cycle and understand multi-platform development, including XR (AR and VR) platforms.
For certification, successful course completion is necessary, which may involve graded exercises.
What you will learn
By the end of the Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects online course, you will be proficient in these topics:
- Using the Kitchen Configurator app to observe a realistic rendering of a kitchen space
- Adding lighting effects such as ambient lighting from a custom skybox
- Using Post-Processing Stack by Unity to add more polish to the rendered scene
- Cube mapping
- 3D artist
- Ambient occlusion
- Colour space
- Follow the official link to open the Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects course
- After reading the course offerings and other details, log in or register into Coursera.
- Locate the ‘Enroll For Free’ option, clicking it will get you multiple options to enrol.
- Choose whether you want full unlimited access or just want to audit the course.
- You can also avail of the free trial and get an idea of the course offerings. You can buy the subscription after the trial ends.
Filling the form
Enrolment in Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects doesn’t involve any application forms. Log in using your Coursera credentials and click the ‘Enroll For Free’ option to start learning. If you don’t have an existing Coursera profile, create one by simply using your email ID. Or, you can register using your Google ID or Facebook account.
Week 1: Lighting with a Skybox
Week 2: Creating Lights and Configuring Lighting Settings
- Challenge 2 | Creating Lights and Configuring Lighting Settings
- Solution 2 | Creating Lights and Configuring Lighting Settings | Part 1
- Solution 2 | Creating Lights and Configuring Lighting Settings | Part 2
Week 3: Tuning Reflection
- Challenge 3 | Tuning Reflection
- Solution 3 | Tuning Reflection
Week 4: Creating Post-Processing Effects
- Challenge 4 | Creating Post-Processing Effects
- Solution 4 | Creating Post-Processing Effects
Week 5: Course Final Project
- Challenge 5 | Peer Review Project
Coursera provides the option of availing financial aid if you cannot afford the Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects certificate. To use this facility, fill in an application form and submit it. The application form will ask about your career goals, income, and educational qualifications. Coursera will consider the application, and provide a reply in about two weeks.
How it helps
The Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects course benefits those who want to appear for Unity’s Certified 3D Artist examination. The training will equip you with valuable skills and knowledge in the field of 3D art, and you will be able to build a promising career in it. At the end of this programme, you will be eligible for a certificate which will be a great addition to your resume and qualifications. Also, you will be prepared for a position as a Unity 3D artist.
The Lighting, Reflection, and Post Processing Effects programme will be taught by Joy Horvath, an instructional designer at Unity.
As this is an intermediate course, there are certain prerequisites to join. You can read about them in the eligibility section.
No, Coursera allows you to reset deadlines and schedules as per convenience.
Yes. German subtitles are available.
No. After seven days, you need to pay the subscription fee or switch to free auditing.
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Unity Technologies
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.