- Welcome to Mobile VR App Development in Unity!
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
- Setting Up Your Mobile VR Project
- About Our Courseware Framework
- Understanding VR Frameworks
- Debugging and Profiling for VR Performance
- VR Positional Audio
- Gaze-Based Triggers
- Project Solutions: Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
Mobile VR App Development with Unity
Register for the Mobile VR App Development with Unity online training by Coursera to learn how to develop mobile VR applications in Unity.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The augmented and virtual reality industry is growing exponentially and creating wonders every day. It has revolutionised how we interact with technology, computers, and even each other. However, it is often challenging to find skilled professionals in this field. The Mobile VR App Development with Unity online course will teach you how to troubleshoot, develop, design, and publish your VR apps using Unity for Google Daydream, Oculus Go, or Gear VR, making you a fluent expert.
The Mobile VR App Development with Unity syllabus covers Oculus Go devices, the latest techniques recommended by VR engineers at Unity and more. You will learn how to create a complete VR environment to use even after finishing the course. Further, the programme will cover the best user experience practices, teleportation, interaction, and navigation design for VR. Ultimately, you will go from being a software developer to a VR developer.
The Mobile VR App Development with Unity by Coursera will run for four weeks and take you 32 hours to complete. The self-paced format will enable you to set deadlines according to your schedule and preference.
- Adjustable deadlines
- Purchasable certificate
- Audit for free
- Skilled instructors
- Four-week course
- Intermediate Level training
- Offered by Unity Technologies
- Approx. 32 hours to complete
- Subtitles available
- Peer feedback
- Course readings and videos
- Graded assignments
- Unity XR: How to Build AR and VR Apps Specialisation
- Shareable certificate
- Offered by unity technologies
- Four-week training
- Subtitles in multiple languages
- Reading material
- Practice exercises
- 32 hours to complete
- Flexible learning
- 100% online live sessions
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- Coursera offers an ‘Audit’ option for this course.
- For the official certificate, you must pay the Mobile VR App Development with Unity subscription fee of Rs. 5,796
Mobile VR App Development with Unity fee structure
Rs. 5,796 per month
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Mobile VR App Development with Unity online course is ideal for software developers looking to become VR developers.
Before enrolling in Mobile VR App Development with Unity program, you must have experience in developing applications in Unity and basic C# programming. Familiarity with building mobile apps will also be beneficial.
What you will learn
The Mobile VR App Development with Unity online course will make you proficient in:
- Designing and publishing a mobile VR application.
- Building a complete VR environment.
- Using the latest VR techniques recommended by Unity engineers.
- Applying the best exercises in user experience, teleportation, interaction and navigation design in VR.
- Developing handheld AR applications with Unity
- Open the Mobile VR App Development with Unity course with the official link.
- Log in to or create an online profile on the Coursera website.
- Find the ‘Enrol For Free’ icon, and choose an enrolment method.
- Begin learning the Mobile VR App Development with Unity programme.
Filling the form
You only have to fill a sign-up sheet to create your Coursera profile and enrol in Mobile VR App Development with Unity certification. Enter your credentials, like email address, full name, a username and choose a password to sign up. The other method is to sign in using your current Facebook, Apple, or Google profile. You can also link your Google or Facebook ID to sign up.
Week 1: Get Ready, Get Set, Go!
Week 2: Working with Mobile VR in Unity
- Welcome to Week 2!
- Unity XR Under the Hood - Part 1
- Unity XR Under the Hood - Part 2
- Unity XR Under the Hood - Part 3
- Project Intro: Retrieving Tracking and Performance Information
- Controller Input and Output
- The Tracked Post Driver
- Transforming Tracking Coordinates
- Project Work Solutions: Working With Mobile VR in Unity
Week 3: Interaction and Locomotion
- Welcome to week 3!
- Lasers On!
- Pips and Reticles
- Raycasting and Hit Detection
- Project Solutions: Interaction
- Overview of Basic Teleportation
- Line of Sight vs Arc Teleporting
- Moving the VR Frame of Reference
- Project Solutions - Teleportation
- Minimising Motion Sickness in VR
- Object Manipulation in Unity
- Proximity-Based Object Detection
- Grabbing and Dropping Objects
- Throwing Objects
Week 4: VR UX with the Unity API
- Welcome to week 4!
- Text Issues in VR
- Unity Canvases in VR
- Interacting with Canvas Elements in VR
- Creating Virtual Controls: What Does This Switch Do?
- Peer Review Solutions: VR UX with a Unity API
Coursera provides a financial aid facility if you cannot afford the Mobile VR App Development with Unity certificate. You can click the ‘Financial aid available’ option on the page and fill out the application. After applying, you must wait for at least 15 days to know whether Coursera has approved your application.
How it helps
The Mobile VR App Development with Unity course benefits include learning how to build a whole VR environment and mobile VR applications. You can use it even after the course ends and add it to your achievements. The coveted certificate by Unity and Coursera will help you get employed in the field easily and showcase your skills. It’s shareable on platforms like LinkedIn as well.
Mobile VR App Development with Unity is an intermediate level course with some prerequisites that you can check in the eligibility section.
The course material for this programme will include video lessons, practise exercises and academic readings.
Mobile VR App Development with Unity is the second course in the Unity XR: How to Build AR and VR Apps Specialisation.
Unity Technologies via Coursera
IBM via Coursera
The Linux Foundation via Edx
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Unity Technologies
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.