- Introducing UCP Review - Goals, Methods, Series
- Introducing the UCP Exam
- Introducing Course 2
- Challenge 1 - Explosions and Particles
- Solution 1A - Explosions and Particles
- Solution 1B - Bonus Challenge
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Unity Certified Programmer test is a professional certification for mid and entry-level Unity programmers. Coursera’s Application Systems Programming training is a 100% virtual course that will prepare you for this examination. To this end, it will furnish you with vital learnings and challenge you to solve Unity programming’s realistic problems related to the examination’s topics. There are skilled instructors on board to train you for these.
With the Application Systems Programming certification syllabus, you will further explore a 2D action video game’s development, which began in AsteraX, the previous course. This will help you polish your skills for the exam. These include optimising for various platforms, adding particle effects, managing application and user data, and implementing user customisations. You will require approximately 17 hours to finish this curriculum.
The Application Systems Programming course is the second part of the Unity Certified Programmer Exam Preparation Specialisation. It’s an intermediate-level, self-paced curriculum where you can reset deadlines to study at a convenient pace. The programme offers free enrolment and a paid certification, which is shareable on LinkedIn. You can also print it out as a hard copy for your CV.
- Unity’s offering
- Requires an estimated 17 hours to complete
- Video subtitles in numerous languages
- Trained instructors
- LinkedIn-shareable certificate
- Flexible deadlines
- Graded assessments and quizzes
- Peer feedback
- Graded programming assignments
- Practice quizzes and readings
- Curriculum videos
- Intermediate-level online training
- Start instantly after enrolment
- Free audit option
- Programme language - English
- Graded curriculum content
- Unity’s offering
- Various subtitles
- 100% virtual programme
- Practice assessments
- Peer feedback
- Shareable certificates
- Completion in 17 hours
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- You can begin the Application Systems Programming online course instantly and learn for free through the audit mode.
- To enjoy the complete certification experience, you must purchase it.
Application Systems Programming course fee structure
certificate providing authority
The Application Systems Programming certification course has a few prerequisites for joining. You must have one to two years (minimum) of programming experience in Unity’s interactive applications. You should also be proficient in C# programming and have fundamental knowledge about Unity’s scripting APIs. Additionally, you will also require experience in complete product development lifecycles (concept to launch and beyond) and multi-platform development, including applications’ deployment to XR (VR and AR) platforms.
What you will learn
While preparing you for Unity’s programmer examination, the Application Systems Programming online programme will make you adept in: -
- Solving realistic problems for Unity programming
- Understanding the essentials of developing a 2D action video game
- Adding particle effects
- Implementing a user’s customisation
- Managing application and/or user data
- Optimising for diverse platforms
- Go to the course page
- Use the ‘Enrol for Free’ or ‘Join for Free’ tab to sign in/sign up.
- Once you’re enrolled, proceed with auditing the track. You can also buy the Certificate experience after or during your audit.
Filling the form
As a new user, you can simply provide basic credentials such as your email ID, full name and create a password to join Coursera’s Application Systems Programming training. You can also link your Facebook/Google account to register. There’s no application form involved.
As a pre-existing Coursera member, you can either use your current ID details (password and mail) or link your Apple/Facebook/Google account to log in.
Week 1: Particle and Effects Systems
Week 2: User Progress and Reward Systems
- Challenge 2 - Pausing and Multiple Levels
- Solution 2A - Pause
- Solution 2B - Multiple Levels
- Solution 2C - Bonus Challenge, Advance Panel, Animated Level
- Challenge 3 - Achievements
- Solution 3 - Achievements
Week 3: Data Management and User Customisation Systems
- Challenge 4 - Saving Game Information Locally
- Solution 4 - Saving Game Information Locally
- Remote and Analytics Settings Setup
- Challenge 5 - UI and Player Ship Customisation
- Solution 5A - UI and Player Ship Customisation: UI Implementation
- Solution 5B - UI and Player Ship Customisation: Customisation Implementation
Week 4: Optimising for Performance and Platforms
- Challenge 6 - Remote Settings and Unity Analytics
- Solution 6 - Remote Settings and Unity Analytics
- Profiling and Debugging
- Challenge 7 - Mobile Edition
- Solution 7 - Mobile Edition
- Course 2 - Summary
If you’re unable to pay the Application Systems Programming fees, you can apply for Coursera’s scholarship. The course portal has a ‘Financial aid available’ button for this purpose. Once you click on it, you’ll be prompted to fill out its application and submit it. After that, a Coursera official will contact you in no more than two weeks to inform you about your application’s approval.
How it helps
The Application Systems Programming online course is a highly valuable curriculum if you’re preparing to appear for Unity’s Certified Programmer test. It imparts the necessary learnings to become fluent in the exam topics and ace it. Coursera also provides resettable deadlines and subtitles in Portuguese (European), French, English, Russian, and Spanish for comfortable learning.
Furthermore, you can unlock extra Application Systems Programming certification benefits with the paid track. These include the graded assignments, quizzes, and the prestigious certificate by Coursera and Unity. Since it’s shareable on Linkedin and printable as a hard copy, you can showcase this accreditation to potential employers or recruiters and boost your hiring chances.
If you’ve purchased the certification experience, you’ll get your certificate after course completion. It will be available in your ‘Accomplishments’ section on Coursera.
While Coursera provides the certificate digitally, you can also print it out as a hard copy.
Unity offers the Application Systems Programming MOOC through Coursera.
Yes. You can reset your assignment/lesson deadlines.
Unity Technologies and Jeremy Gibson Bond are your curriculum instructors.
Unity Technologies via Coursera
Raspberry Pi Foundation via Futurelearn
University of Texas, Austin via Edx
University of Texas, Austin via Edx
Johns Hopkins via Coursera
UC San Diego via Coursera
UCI Irvine via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Unity Technologies
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.