- Introduction to Unity Certified Programmer Specialisation
- Introduction to Course
- The Unity Certified Programmer Exam
- Challenge 1 | Scripting Needs
- Solution 1 | Scripting Needs
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
The Core Interaction Programming online course is the first course in the Unity Certified Programmer Specialisation offered by Unity Technologies. This course follows a challenge–solution learning format. Moreover, you will be required to dedicate nearly 11 hours to finish the course successfully.
In the first part of the Core Interaction Programming course, the primary focus will be building the foundation for a 2D action video game, AsteraX. After that, you will deep dive into planning out and developing the game project using architecture codes.
The Core Interaction Programming syllabus will cover core skills and practices like using basic UI elements to provide user feedback, developer testing methods, assessing scripting needs based on project requirements, and more. Additionally, these will help you prepare for the Unity Certified Programmer exam.
Moreover, the Core Interaction Programming training goes by a self-approach to let you study at your convenience. You will also be eligible for a shareable certificate upon successful course completion.
- 100% online course
- A course by Unity Technologies
- Self-paced option
- Shareable certificate
- Flexible learning
- Subtitles available
- Practice quizzes
- Intermediate-level study
- Graded programming assignments
- English instructions
- Feedback and graded assignments
- Flexible deadlines
- Self-paced learning
- Shareable certificate
- Financial assistance
- Lessons in english
- Online training
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- You can join the Core Interaction Programming course for free as part of the free audit.
- If you want unlimited access, certification, and other benefits, you have to choose a monthly subscription of Rs. 5,828 after the 7-day free trial.
Core Interaction Programming Fee
Monthly subscription with certificate
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
If you're an entry-level Unity programmer or want to verify your knowledge of Unity programming, then the Core Interaction Programming certification course by Coursera will be beneficial for you.
There are specific minimum requirements for joining the Core Interaction Programming course by Coursera. You need to have at least 1-2 years of programming experience developing interactive applications in Unity. You must also be proficient in C# programming and know-how Unity's scripting APIs work.
Moreover, you should have some experience working in the complete product development lifecycle. You should also understand multi-platform development, like how to deploy applications to XR platforms.
Certification Qualifying Details
Once you have completed the Core Interaction Programming syllabus successfully, you will receive a shareable certificate from Coursera.
What you will learn
Completing the Core Interaction Programming certification syllabus will help you grasp the following concepts and skills:
- How to plan out the architecture code for a game project in AsteraX
- Evaluating the requirements of a specific project
- Writing readable programming codes
- How to implement the basic application functionality
- Professional practices for developer debugging and testing
- You can access all the details of the Core Interaction Programming course by visiting the official website.
- On the course page, you will need to locate the 'Enroll for Free' tab and click it. This option will lead you to a sign-up form.
- Here, you'll need to select one of the two sign-up options. You can either complete the sign-up form to create an account on Coursera. Else, directly sign-up via your Google or Facebook social IDs and select 'continue'.
- Now, choose from the two enrolment options. Either 'audit' the course or purchase the certificate experience.
- Begin the Core Interaction Programming online course post enrolment.
Filling the form
Before joining Coursera's 3D Core Interaction Programming programme, you must fill out a sign-up form. Enter your complete name, any working email ID, and finally, set a password between 8 to 72 characters. Then, click the 'Join for free' option.
Week 1: Evaluating Project Requirements
Week 2: Basic User Input and Object Management
- Version Control with Unity Challenge
- Challenge 2 | Player Movement and Firing
- Solution 2A | PlayerShip
- Solution 2B | Turret Movement and Firing Bullets
- Solution 2C | Screen Wrap
Week 3: Spawning & Destroying Objects
- C# Best Practices for Collaboration | Best Practices for Working with Others
- Challenge 3 | Spawning and Destroying Asteroids
- Solution 3A | Spawning Asteroids
- Solution 3B | Collisions with Bullets
- Solution 3C | Bonus | Fixing OffScreenWrapper
Week 4: Tracking & Displaying Application Data
- Developer Testing & Debugging in Unity
- Challenge 4 | Points, Jumps, and UI
- Solution 4A | PlayerShip and Jumps
- Solution 4B | Points and UI
- Course 1 Summary
If you're not financially fit to pay for the Core Interaction Programming certification fee, you can simply take assistance from Coursera. Select the 'Financial Aid' option available besides the "Enroll" tab to apply. You will see a pop-up application form appear on your screen. Complete the form by providing the necessary details. Coursera will send you a mail to notify you about your application's approval.
How it helps
The Core Interaction Programming online training will help you study for the Unity Certified Programmer exam, which is essential for becoming an entry to mid-level Unity programmer. Throughout the course, you will gain valuable skills and knowledge to thrive in creating real-time 3D applications.
Besides, you'll earn a Core Interaction Programming certificate upon completion, which will help you land better work opportunities.
No. You'll get access to graded assessments and feedback only when you purchase the certificate experience.
Yes, Coursera's Core Interaction Programming online course is the first course in the Unity Certified Programmer Exam Preparation Specialisation.
Yes, you can. Since this is a self-paced course, you can set your own schedule to finish it.
Yes, video lessons are only available in English. However, Coursera provides subtitles in Italian, Arabic, Portuguese (European), French, Vietnamese, Russian, Spanish, German, even English.
Unity Technologies is offering the Core Interaction Programming course in collaboration with Coursera.
Unity Technologies via Coursera
Raspberry Pi Foundation via Futurelearn
University of Texas, Austin via Edx
University of Texas, Austin via Edx
Johns Hopkins via Coursera
UC San Diego via Coursera
UCI Irvine via Coursera
Courses of your interest
More Courses by Unity Technologies
The Brochure has been downloaded and sent to your registered email ID successfully.
Brochure has been downloaded.