- Database application development methodologies
- Database Concepts: Techniques and tools needed to develop database applications
Database Systems Concepts and Design
Learn how to apply a database application development methodology to real-world projects by enrolling on the Database Systems Concepts and Designs course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Udacity’s Database Systems Concepts and Designs online course is a free of cost course wherein learners are taught via interactive quizzes, learning-by-doing exercises, and instructor videos. The course offers a self-paced learning environment and has an approximate duration of 16 weeks.
It is an intermediate-level course; hence, you will be expected to have some basic knowledge of at least one programming or scripting languages such as Python, Java, or PHP. The Database Systems Concepts and Designs course syllabus is divided into three lessons, which are further divided into sub-lessons.
The curriculum content is rich and covers all the core application concepts. From database application development methodologies to metadata management and archiving, the Database Systems Concepts and Designs training program covers them all.
After completing the Database Systems Concepts and Designs training course, you will have all the necessary skills for a successful IT career.
- 16-week course duration
- Intermediate-level course
- Self-paced learning methodology
- Industry-best instructors
- Rich learning content
- Interactive quizzes
- Free of cost
- Additional course material is available online
- Learning-by-doing exercises
- Instructor videos
- Pro instructors
- Rich curriculum
- Free of cost
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
Database Systems Concepts and Designs course fee structure
Database Systems Concepts and Designs
Who it is for
This course is ideal for –
- Those who wish to clearly understand how database application development methodologies are applied in real-world scenarios via practical experience
- Those who wish to give their existing career as a database manager, analyst, or engineer a boost
As an intermediate-level course, learners are expected to be familiar with at least one programming or scripting languages such as Python, PHP, or Java. Having some knowledge of software engineering concepts is also preferable. The required text for the Database Systems Concepts and Designs online training is Elmasri & Navathe: Database Systems Fundamentals. 7th Edition. Pearson 2016.
Additionally, don’t forget to go through the tech requirements and check tech compatibility using the online technology compatibility checker.
What you will learn
After completing with Database Systems Concepts and Designs training, you will have learned the following –
- How to apply concepts such as database management architecture, data independence, and the placement and role of a database management system
- How to apply the theoretical concepts of query languages and relational databases to create queries and SQL data structure definitions that fulfil identified requirements
- How you can develop a relational database application, including the specifications, implementation, design, and requirement analysis of such database applications
- How to develop indices for effective database operations and evaluation of alternative internal schema structures
- Database access control concepts and SQL injection
- Visit the course website - https://www.udacity.com/course/database-systems-concepts-design--ud150.
- Click on the ‘Get started’ button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Create an account with Udacity or log in to an existing account.
- You can also use your other social accounts such as Google or Facebook.
Filling the form
You need to fill in a basic application in the form of a sign-up form to enroll for the Database Systems Concepts and Designs course. Details such as your full name, email address, and self-created password need to be filled in. You can even skip this process by logging in directly using your Google or Facebook account.
Lesson 1 – Database Concepts
Lesson 2 – Database Models
- Relational models
- Extended entity-relationship models
- Relational algebra, Calculus, and SQL
Lesson 3 – Database Management
- Database efficiency and indexing
- Metadata management and archiving
- Database normalisation
How it helps
If you are currently working as a data quality analyst, engineer, or manager, Udacity’s Database Systems Concepts and Designs online course can help you carry out better data quality initiatives. Moreover, the course will also help you simplify areas such as the development, design, execution, and maintenance of your corporate database.
However, the primary Database Systems Concepts and Designs course benefit is that all this knowledge is being offered free of cost. Within a matter of three-and-a-half months, you will be able to polish skills that will boost your career to new levels.
Yes, it is entirely free of cost.
You will learn in a self-paced learning environment via instructor videos, learning-by-doing exercises, and rich learning content and interactive quizzes.
No. This is an intermediate-level course, so you must meet the education, software, and text requirements.
Yes, you need to create an account by filling in your personal details or logging in using Google or Facebook.
Yes, but only for nanodegree programs. You can take up the advanced-level Flying Car and Autonomous Flight Engineer nanodegree program to avail Udacity’s career services.