- Space phasors and alpha-beta reference frame
- Principles of operation of a single-phase DC-AC inverter
- Current-control mode of inverters
- Principles of operation of a three-phase DC-AC inverter
- Space vector modulation
Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications
Get introduced to the world of circuits by enrolling in Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications by edX course.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
Learning efforts 5-7 Hours Per Week
The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications online course is an introduction course designed for the students with pre-existing knowledge in the domain of power electronics and circuits to learn more about the topics of multilevel converter and voltage-sourced converter high-voltage direct current (VSC-HVDC).
The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification syllabus includes- various multilevel converter topologies, modeling of three-phase grid-connected inverters in 𝛼𝛽- reference frame and others. The six weeks will be focusing on the subject of “engineering” and at same time provide an advanced level of learning experience.
The course will introduce the fundamentals of Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications topology and help students frame solution statements accordingly. The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications by edX will cover the operations and basic modulation parameters of various AC-DC voltage sourced converters. The different features of multilevel converter (MMC) will further be covered in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification.
- Self paced learning
- Free registration
- 6 weeks programme
- Verified certificate
- Course partnered by Georgia Tech
- 5-7 hours classes every week
- Certificate by edX
- Advanced level programme
- Transcripted videos
- Online education
Course and certificate fees
Type of course
- The registration for the programme is free for all the candidates.
- The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications fees for up-gradation is Rs.7,290/- the students who want to pursue the verified track have to pay this particular fee.
Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications fees details
Amount in INR
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification benefits is for the given candidates-
- The students who have studied control theory and want to receive a verified certificate in the subject of multilevel converters can get themselves registered for this course.
- The participants who want to get themselves familiar with the working of high power applicants can apply for the online programme.
Before applying for the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications training it is necessary that the students have prior knowledge in the domain of control theory, power electronics, circuits and semiconductor devices.
Certification Qualification Details
The students who want to receive the course are required to pay the desired fees for upgrading the programme and thereafter get the certificate of completion.
What you will learn
The registered candidates will learn about the following in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications programme-
- The students will be learning to use the DC-AC voltage-sourced converters for solving basic operations on modulations.
- They will also be taught about the system of closed -loop controls so that they can formulate proper operations.
- The participants will also be taught about the features of modular multilevel converter (MMC) in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification syllabus.
- The candidates will have their skills developed in the control challenges that are associated with the MMC problems.
- The applicants will be learning in detail about the steady-state and the transient operating conditions in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications training.
- The candidates in the course will also be taught about the benefits of grid-connected VSCs for solving complex problem statements.
- The students will further be working on the domain of basic inverters
- The participants will also learn about the Current-Control mode of inverters so that they can work in details with the technology of inverters.
- He/she will further be taught the methods of space phasors in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification.
- Candidates will also deal with the fundamentals of control aspects of the modular multilevel converter that will help them to frame policies.
Filling the form
The students who want to register for the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications programme are required to follow the steps given below:
Step 1: The students have to visit the link to access the form: https://www.edx.org/course/multilevel-converters-for-mediumhigh-power-applica
Note- The course is currently archived. For further notice please visit the website.
Basics of Inverters
Modeling and control of grid-connected inverters
- Modeling of three-phase grid-connected inverters in 𝛼𝛽- reference frame
- Control of three-phase grid-connected inverters
- Modeling of three-phase grid-connected inverters in dq- reference frame
- Various multilevel converter topologies
- Basics of multilevel converters
Modular multilevel converters
- Basics of the modular multilevel converter for DC-AC conversion
- Basics of cascaded half-bridge and full-bridge modules
- Circulating current control of the modular multilevel converter
- Control aspects of the modular multilevel converter
Control of grid-connected modular multilevel converters
- Control of the MMC for high-voltage DC (HVDC) transmission
- Control of grid-connected modular multilevel converter
The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification course is providing the students with economic constraints with a 90% financial assistance.
How it helps
The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification benefits the registered candidates by providing them with the rudimentary knowledge in the domain of MMC. The course has been moulded to help the students guide in MOOC by the experts of edX and Georgia Tech. The details of the certificate in the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications can be shared by the successful candidates in their public domains and portfolios for procuring better opportunities in jobs and receiving better salaried career options.
The course will enhance the students' existing skills and will further guide them professionally in the sector of “engineering”. The provision of self paced learning in the online course will allow the students with the opportunities to access the course materials 24/7 and at their own will. The students will be provided with case studies and regular assignments for comprehensive learning. The Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification course will be hosted by the professors of Georgia Tech and the applied candidates will be allowed to participate in live discussions. The freshers who are looking for career opportunities will be highly benefited after completion of the session.
The students are requested to get connected with management directly to know about the details of students' loans.
The sessions of the training will be hosted by Georgia Tech along with edX.
The programme is scheduled for a period of six weeks.
The enrolled candidates can very easily complete the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications certification training by dedicating 5-7 hours for classes every week.
The enrollment of the Multilevel Converters for Medium/High-Power Applications online course is free for all appearing candidates.
During the training, the subject of “engineering” will be specially emphasized.
All the students will be made available with transcrited video lectures. For the benefit of the students, the lecture will further be available to the students 24/7.
For applying in the course the students need to have an existing understanding of device, control theory, circuits and power electronics.
Since the programme will be conducted online, therefore, there are no such limitations in the seat.
The students cannot pay the fees in installment. It is necessary that they pay the full amount at the time of upgradation itself.