Portfolio Theory and CCAPM
Probability and Statistics for Risk Management
Understanding Financial Returns, Volatility and Correlation
Introduction to Risk Management and Basic risk types
Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management
To deepen the understanding of modern risk management concepts, theories and practices.
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study, Classroom
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
To run a commerce association beneficially, the experts must see to it that no monetary dangers or financial risks influence their commerce. To consider the nature of the monetary dangers in-depth and to resolve the issues at times of their occurrences, the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management course covers all the data, aptitude and procedures one ought to know to spare the company from any budgetary misfortunes.
Online lectures will be held on Sundays so that the working proficients don't get stressed overseeing their work and study at the same time. The course will moreover counsel the learners on how to make investments in financial assets by taking into consideration the factors affecting budgetary hazards. They will be given the information about current money related risk variables, concepts and will be given commonsense information on different money related tools.
After the completion of the certification course of PCP-AFRM, candidates will be able to recognise the budgetary dangers, would be able to analyse them and would be mindful of diverse procedures utilised to dodge having any budgetary dangers. In conclusion, by being commonplace with financial risk tools, they will be able to utilise the devices to oversee the monetary challenges confronted by the company.
Certificate course for 5 months
Certificate from IIM Kozhikode
Case study learning
Classroom based learning
- Weekend classes
- Case studies
- Industry interactions
- Interactive online learning
- Sliq cloud campus
Course and certificate fees
The PCP-AFRM fee structure is different for Indian residents and International residents. Instalment facility is available to lessen the burden on candidates.
Rs. 1,00,000 + GST
Candidates can pay the fee in three instalments.
Rs.35,000 + GST
Rs.25,000 + GST
Rs.40,000 + GST
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
Working professionals who wish to work at a higher position can apply for this course. Professionals who take an interest in taking up senior roles like risk consulting, financial risk management can benefit from joining the course.
● Finance professional executives who are looking for greater insight into their roles can make the right choice of enrolling to this course. They will be able to get practical knowledge on how to use more risk measuring and managing tools which will help them to provide justice to their roles by saving their respective organisations from financial challenges.
● Unit heads and managers who wish to be familiar with the concepts related to Financial Management will be the perfect enrollers for the course.
● Business analysts who have to keep an overall account of financial risks and their measurements can opt for this course.
For Indian residents, graduates holding a Bachelor's degree (10+2+3) or Diploma holders (10+2+3) from any recognised universities or colleges will be able to apply for the Professional Certificate Program in Financial Risk Management course.
● For foreign residents to be eligible for the PCP-AFRM course, candidates should hold any graduation or equivalent degree from any of their country's recognised teaching institutions.
● There should be fluency and accuracy in each of the candidates' verbal as well as written English.
● Candidates should be experienced in the field of the finance department. Seven years of minimum experience in financial fields is required. The candidate may have seven years of experience in the finance department of- non-financial organisation as well. If the above conditions are not met, then a candidate can be eligible for the PCP-AFRM course if he has been in a managerial post of any organisation for at least five years.
Certification Qualification Details
Candidates have to meet the attendance criteria to receive the certification. If they fail to do so, certification of completion won't be given to them. The evaluation will be based on different components set by the faculty. Marks will be allotted on the premise of online exams, class discussion, class participation, case studies and more. Candidates will be required to work on either individual or group projects. Every candidate has to receive minimum passing marks in respective components. If candidates can maintain the required percentage of attendance and can score the required passing percentage, then they will be rewarded with a certification of completion of PCP-AFRM course by IIM Kozhikode. But suppose he is unable to pass in the component evolution category but has been a regular student in the class having the required attendance percentage. In that case, he will be compensated with a participation certificate of PCP-AFRM course.
What you will learn
Making the right decision at the proper time is necessary for an organisation to be able to outlive the competitive market. Finance professionals are required to screen the changes within the current budgetary risks continuously. Plans made by the experts ought to be in such a way that they can maintain a strategic distance from the budgetary misfortunes or can compellingly execute the settling plans in time of necessity. After the completion of the course, the candidates would be familiar with the following concepts:
● Proper planning - An off-base decision might fetch the complete working of an organisation. Ambiguous plans having loopholes may lead to fatal destruction of the company. By making the candidate familiar with the financial instability and dangers included within the trade and business industry, the course will upgrade their abilities regarding planning. It is conceivable to foresee the long term events that can happen within the business environment. A handful of opportunities can be grabbed by making a legitimate arrangement and being aware of the money related dangers on its way. Proper plans can be implemented to manage and deal with the challenges that will influence the effective working of the organisation. Otherwise, the management can succumb to money related dangers as compelling and valuable plans were not made. Grabbing opportunities without knowing the outcomes will affect the viable working of the association alongside its profitability and efficiency.
● Understand the relationship between risk and reward - Greater risks may result in more benefit. In this way, finance-related proficients arrange methodologies to take the opportunity despite the dangers. They should be able to understand that if the financial risks are handled carefully, they may turn in profits. The course will donate candidates a more noteworthy knowledge about the relationship between dangers and rewards and make them able to take advantage of dangers and turn them into rewards for the association.
● Anticipating and understanding the challenges in identifying and measuring risks - This course will offer assistance to the candidates to pick up challenging opportunities. The PCP-AFRM programme will turn candidates' fear into anticipation of getting unused openings instead of dreading the dangers. The course will make them competent for overseeing and settling dangers and deal with the instabilities the future holds. They will learn to measure the intensity of the risks and act accordingly.
● Getting familiar with using the apparatuses or tools used to measure and manage risk- Candidates are presented with different models and devices which are utilised to measure dangers. They are told about the scientific thoughts, mathematical ideas and calculations behind these models and devices. Mostly after the completion of the course, the candidate will be able to apply suitable devices used for measuring and overseeing different financial risks.
● Risk management - The PCP-AFRM course will help the candidate to identify the nature of the risk, evaluate the degree of risks, eliminate risks when possible, overcoming risks when needed and taking appropriate actions if there are any deviations in the plan.
The admission process for the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management training is completely online.
● All the applications have to be submitted online. No offline applications are available.
● Students will have to enter various details asked on the application.
● After filling the details, payment has to be done.
● Payment can be made online or through Demand Draft or Pay orders.
● If candidates decide to pay online by debit or credit card, they need to make sure that either of the cards is with the candidate throughout the payment process. He may require during the process.
● If Demand Drafts or Pay Orders do the payment, candidates should be careful about the addressee's name.
● Either Demand Draft or Pay Order should be addressed to "IIM KoKozhikode", payable at Kozhikode.
● They are to be sent to the following address-
Student Relations Manager,
21, Institutional Area, Sector 32,
Gurgaon 122001, Haryana, INDIA.
● Candidates must send a downloaded copy of the application form along with the payment, to the address.
● Before sending the Demand Draft or Pay Order, applicants must write their Name, REGID, Course Name and Contact number at the back of their mode of payment.
Financial Instruments and Their Markets
Features and Valuation of Forwards, Futures, Swaps, and Options
Financial markets, Institutions and Regulations
Introduction to Trading and Market Microstructure
● Bonds, Interest Rate and Interest rate Sensitivity
● Hedging with Derivatives
● VaR, Expected Shortfall (ES) and other Risk Measures
● Parametric, Historical Simulation and Monte Carlo Simulation
● VaR Mapping and Backtesting VaR
● Securitisation and Structured Obligations
● Estimating Default Probabilities and Credit VaR
● Corporate bonds, Credit Risk, and Credit Ratings
● Credit Derivatives
● Credit Risk Modelling and Credit Scores
● Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Review
● Operational Risk and Liquidity Risk
● Stress Testing, RAROC, Economic Capital and Risk Reporting
How it helps
● Certification of completion from IIM Kozhikode-
The completion of the Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk Management certificate will help candidates upgrade their resume. The certificate will act as an authentic verification of the candidate's knowledge about the subject matter. It will highlight his aptitude and skill in risk management. It will portray his dedication, commitment and passion towards the subject which will help him score higher positions within the particular field.
● Practical and application-based knowledge- Since it is a live interactive online session, learners will be provided with practical knowledge about the concepts, tools and case studies regarding financial risk and their applications in real-life scenarios. The course's engaging nature will benefit candidates. They will learn to apply the knowledge they have gained in the lectures in real-life circumstances.
● Candidates will be introduced to popular risk managing tools and their function in managing and measuring risks. For example, they will be taught how to use Excel.
● One and one interaction with professors- Access to SLIQ Cloud Campus will make the professors always available for the students either online or offline. Students can reach out to professors even after class hours, which will eliminate the time constraint of the online lecture.
● Enhancing reading abilities - This session will require participants to read the study materials beforehand to be able to understand the discussion taking place in the class. Learners are expected to refer to extra study materials outside class hours, and then ask questions regarding them during the lecture. Since each lecture is for three hours, it is not possible to read everything during the lecture. Learners will have to prepare for classes beforehand. This feature will be of their benefits as now the learners can try understanding the topics on their own and develop a reading habit regarding the topics.
The course will provide you with not only theoretical knowledge but also practical application of the knowledge. You will be given opportunities to converse with industry stalwarts directly.
Minimum of 75 per cent of attendance should be maintained by the candidate to receive a certificate of completion or certificate of participation after the session.
Yes. Candidates will be given options between online payment or payment by Demand Drafts or Money Orders.
Professional Certificate Program in Applied Financial Risk ManagementOnline lectures will be scheduled every Sunday from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
The refund will be made if the request of refund is made and received before the closing of the registration or 21 days before the beginning of the session. No cases of refund will be entertained if the criteria are not met.
Yes. You will be given access to SLIQ Cloud Campus through which you may access materials for reference, case studies, projects and more.
If your cancellation request is valid then you will be refunded after deducting Rs.5,000 plus applicable taxes. In the case of international students, a penalty of $125 will be deducted before the refund.