What is Film Making
Courses taught in Film Making in select filmmaking institutes across India entail the study of the process that goes into making a film or a motion picture. Students having enrolled into these courses are trained on the different stages of filmmaking that range from initiating a story, idea or commission to screenwriting, casting, shooting, sound recording and reproduction, editing and screening the finished product before an audience. They are extensively made familiar to the different stages of filming which are development, pre-production, production, post-production and distribution. They are trained to create ideas, write screenplays, prepare for shoots, finalize the cast and crew of the film, select locations, build sets, record raw elements for the shooting of the film, choose appropriate images and sound and other visual effects and subsequently distribute the finished film and screen it across cinemas and also release to home video.
Students also liked
Eligibility Criteria (UG & PG) of Film Making
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with mandatory minimum marks.
PG: Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Arts in Filmmaking in order to become eligible to enrol for a Master’s in the same field.
Scope of Film Making in India and Abroad
There are plenty of jobs for aspiring filmmakers with leading production houses in various capacities.
They can become freelancers and direct their own documentaries and serials.
Some of the positions that are up for the grabs include Production Coordinator Camera Trainee Editing Trainee Visual Effects Producer Cinematographer Storyboard Editor Assistant Director Junior Artiste
Course Fees Film Making
|Minimum Fees||Maximum Fees|
Popular Film Making Entrance Exams in India
Popular Film Making Colleges in India VIEW ALL
Questions related to Film Making
please help me with the best college to pursue for masters in film making and tv production
Hope you are doing great. Filmmaking is a form of visual storytelling that includes the creation of a tale, script authoring, sound recording, shooting, directing, lighting, editing, production control, and screening. Many young people are interested in studying filmmaking in India these days.
There are various top institutes that are offering the courses in film making and Tv production, some of them are:
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan's Film, TV and Animation Studies (BVBFTS)
- NRAI School of Mass Communication
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- University of Mumbai [MU]
- Thakur College of Science and Commerce
- Asian Institute of Design
- Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
- SJC Bangalore - St. Joseph's College
- Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University - PSTU
- Whistling Woods International Goregaon East, Mumbai
- Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University
ALL THE BEST
Hi i have completed engineering and i wanted to do any film making courses.which one would be best?And please provide me the list of colleges
Hope you are doing good.
if you are interested in direction, cinematography, script writing etc, then yiu may consider the list of colleges mentioned below...
- film and tele vision institute of India, Pune. it offers 1 year, 2 year, 3 year courses according to your interest.
- Satyajit Ray Film and tele vision institute, Kolkata. it offers 2 year and 3 years courses.
- National institute of design, (NID) , Ahmedabad.
- Whistling mood international, Mumbai.
- Ramesh Sippy Academy of entertainment, Mumbai.
- Asian Academy of film and television.
- L V Prasad film and tele vision Academy, Chennai.
- the center for research in art of tele vision and Film, Delhi.
- the ICE Institute.
- national academy of media and events.
there are many courses that are related to the film are being offered by the above mentioned colleges,/ coming to the best course... it is totally up to you and your interest as to which course should you select and to study. there are some interesting courses such as direction, editing, cinematography, sound recording etc. so, select as you wish.
Hope this information helps you.
All the best.
Best college in India for film making
Here is the list of Top Film Making Universities in India.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- CMR University, Bangalore
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune
- Jain University, Bangalore
- Mumbai University - University of Mumbai
- Singhania University, Jhunjhunu
- Ambedkar University Delhi - Bharat Ratna Dr BR Ambedkar University
Please click the below link to know more about these colleges
Is it really risky to pursue a course in filmmaking? What if I dont get a good job as a director in a famous film production house?
It is true that the risk factor is there in this line because if you don't have contacts in this line then you would be having difficulty in getting good works or films. You would be struggling a lot rather than ones who is from film industry. At first , definitely you need to start from the ground but eventually if you will show good work you will rise . But mark my words there is the time factor.
Sir mera ek question hai mai b.tech (Cs) kar raha hu iss year mera 3 year 5th semester hai maine Film making and editing ki internship kar raha hu aur mughe ab Film making and editing me career banana hai kya mai b.tech (Cs) ke bad Film making and editing me PG karne ke liye elegible hu
okay if you asked this question in hindi then i also go with it.
bhai film making and editing tumhari skills per depend karta hai agar tum kabil ho toh tum btech cs krne ke baad iss mai asaani se aage badh skte ho. tumne dekha ho jyaada tar youtuber engineer hi hai. sidha sa jwaab hai bhai hn tum btech cs krne ke baad aage fil making mai career bna skte ho . iske saath sath iska course bhi kr skte ho .
for know about film making future in india