Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur Admission Process
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur (Also known as: IIESTS)
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur provides undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes related to various disciplines to the students of the Institute. The college considers the scores of JEE Main for offering admission to B.Tech and B.Arch programmes, GATE scores for M.Tech programmes and JAM scores for M.Sc programmes. Detailed description of all programmes and its admission procedure are mentioned below.
For Undergraduate Courses (B.Tech/B.Arch):
- Candidates should appear and qualify for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Based on the marks scored in JEE Main, candidates have to register for IIEST Shibpur's official website to participate in the counselling process.
- Candidates will be offered admission based on choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
For Postgraduate Courses (M.Tech/MBA):
- For M.Tech, candidates should qualify for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE).
- Based on the marks scored in GATE exam, candidates have to register for CCMT counselling. During the counselling choice filling, they have to select IIESTS as their preference.
- Admission will be offered based on their choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
- For MBA, candidates should fill an application form for the admission to the college.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of the marks scored in their academic session, starting from class 10th.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a written ability test followed by an interview.
- Final admission will be done on the basis of the combined performance in academic sessions (50%), written ability test (30%) and personal interview (20%).
- Further, the candidates have to get their documents verified and pay the fee.
For Research Courses (M.Sc/Ph.D):
- For M.Sc, the candidates have to appear and qualify for the JAM Examination.
- Based on the marks scored in JAM Examination, candidates have to register for CCMN counselling and opt for choice filling and choice locking by choosing IIESTS.
- Admission to these programmes will be offered on the basis of choice filling, locking, fee payment and document verification.
- For Ph.D, admission will be based on the performance in tests/interviews conducted by the respective departments.
View Course Specific Admission Process
|18 Sep, 2020||Answer Key - JEE Main paper 2 | Mode: Online|
|18 Sep, 2020||Result - JEE Main paper 2 | Mode: Online|
|11 Sep, 2020||Result | Mode: Online|
|08 Sep, 2020||Answer Key | Mode: Online|
|17 Aug, 2020 - 06 Sep, 2020||Admit Card | Mode: Offline|
|01 Sep, 2020 - 06 Sep, 2020||Exam | Mode: Online|
|24 Jul, 2020 - 31 Jul, 2020||Application Correction - Facility open to allow candidates enter choice on NDA/NA exam | Mode: Online|
|04 Jul, 2020 - 20 Jul, 2020||Application Correction - Fourth Chance with exam centre change facility | Mode: Online|
|25 May, 2020 - 31 May, 2020||Application Correction - Second chance along with exam centre change facility | Mode: Online|
|19 May, 2020 - 24 May, 2020||Application - Second Chance (Reopened) | Mode: Online|
|01 Apr, 2020 - 03 May, 2020||Application Correction - (Reopened) Change in Exam City | Mode: Online|
|13 Mar, 2020 - 16 Mar, 2020||Application Correction | Mode: Online|
|07 Feb, 2020 - 12 Mar, 2020||Application | Mode: Online|
|07 Feb, 2020 - 12 Mar, 2020||Others - Last date to pay the application fee | Mode: Online|
|12 Feb, 2020||Others - Image correction start date - Start Date | Mode: Online|
Each eligible candidate shall be required to appear and to qualify at a written test (JEE Main) conducted by the CBSE. However, this is not mandatory for foreign students.