Narula Institute of Technology
Narula Institute of Technology is a private engineering college located in Kolkata, West Bengal. The college was established in the year 2001 under the aegis of JIS Group Educational Initiative. The institute offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma programmes in different streams like engineering(B.Tech, M.Tech), computer application (BCA, MCA), diploma and business administration (BBA, MBA). NIT, Narula is affiliated to the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal (MAKAUT, WB) and has been approved by All India Council of Technical Education.
NIT is located at No. 81, Nilgunj Road, Jagarata Pally, Deshpriya Nagar, Agarpara, Kolkata, West Bengal. Agarpara is the nearest railway station located at a distance of 1.6 km from the college. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is about 17 km away from the college. Howrah CSTC Depot is the nearby bus depot located 15.3 km from the college.
Accreditation and Collaboration
- Accredited to National Board of Accreditation
- Accredited to National Assessment and Accreditation Council.
Collaboration with corporate bodies:
Reliance JIO Infocomm
K B Enterprises
Confederation Of Indian Industry
Aspire Disruptive Skill Foundation
Collaboration with other institute
Centre For Innovation Incubation And Entrepreneurship (the Indian Institute Of Management, Ahmedabad)
Centre For Innovation Incubation And Entrepreneurship
The Institution Of Engineering & Technology
Clubs Committees and Societies
IEEE: An Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers unit is located within the college. The club organises various seminars and workshops related to technological advancement in the electrical and electronic sector.
IETE: This is the unit of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers which is India’s recognised society of professionals which also conducts various event-related to technological advancement in the field of electronics and telecommunications.
ICE & ASCE: These are the units of Institution of Civil Engineers and American Society of Civil Engineers which are related to development and advancement in the field of civil engineering.
IEI of Electrical Engineering: This is the electrical engineering society and a part of Institutes of Engineers India.
This College is accredited by NAAC B (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 31 Dec 2020 and the score is 2.43 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Narula Institute of Technology offers various technical and professional courses. Technical courses B.Tech, M.Tech and diploma while professional courses include BBA, MBA, BCA and MCA. Various branches under which B.Tech is offered include mechanical engineering, civil engineering, computer science, electronics and communication, information technology, electronics and instrumentation, electrical engineering and civil engineering. Admission to B.Tech courses offered by Narula Institute of Technology is done through WBJEE counselling on the basis of marks obtained in WBJEE. Admission to M.Tech courses is done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in GATE/PGET/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS. For BBA and BCA programme, candidates have to appear and qualify common entrance test conducted by the institute itself while admission to MBA and MCA programmes is offered on the basis of score obtained by the candidates in AMPAI-MASTER. Admission processes to various courses offered by Narula Institute of Technology are listed below:
- Admission in B.Tech courses is done through West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE).
- Candidates have to appear in the WBJEE. The application form will be available on the official website of the college.
- Candidates have to separately apply for the programme on the college website.
- Qualified candidates have to report for the WBJEE counselling process, where they have to choose their preferred choice. Interested candidates can fill NIT as their preferred choice for college.
- Selection of the candidates will be made on the basis of WBJEE rank and choice made by them during the counselling process.
- Admission to M.Tech courses will be done on the basis of score obtained in any of the GATE/PGET/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS scores.
- Candidates have to apply for the programme by filling an online application form available on the official website of the college.
- Candidates have to appear in any of the national entrance tests which are GATE/PGET/CEE-AMPAI-MASTERS on the basis of these scores they will be considered for admission.
- Selected candidates have to report to the college to confirm their admission along with the documents for verification purposes.
MBA and MCA
- Candidates have to appear in the AMPAI-MASTER. The application form will be available in online mode.
- Qualified candidates have to register for the counselling process and have to report at the venue along with the documents for verification purposes.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of their AMPAI-MASTER score and the choices made by them during the counselling process.
BBA and BCA
- Candidates have to apply for the programme by filling out the application form.
- Admission these courses will be done on the basis of Common Entrance Test rank obtained by the candidates.
- Candidates have to apply for the courses in which they are interested in.
- Admission will be offered on the merit basis as per the rank obtained by the candidates in CET.
- Candidates have to apply and appear in West Bengal Polytechnic Entrance (JEXPO).
- Qualified candidates have to appear for the counselling process conducted by West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education and Skill Development.
- Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in JEXPO and choices made by the candidates during the counselling process.
- Selected candidates have to report to the institute documents verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Engineering and Architecture (M.E /M.Tech.)
My experience is overall very good and appreciated
Last Seen: 14 Aug' 20
Joined On: 28 May' 19
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
My experience was really good.
Overall experience is good.. Good college
Last Seen: 11 Aug' 20
Joined On: 02 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Information Technology
It is one of the best engineering college
Questions related to Narula Institute of Technology, Agarpara
which is better for cse - narula institute of technology,agarpara vs. jis college of engineering, nadia
I would recommend you Narula Institute Of Technology as it's better than Jis college of engineering. Narula Institute Of Technology provides students with great infrastructure and an pleasant environment for studies. Talking about placements 70-75% students get recruited by top recruiting companies like TCS, Tech Mahindra, Infotech, Infosys etc with the highest salary package offered in record is 10 LPA, while the lowest salary package offered is 2.4 LPA. Keeping all the points in mind I recommend Narula Institute Of Technology for you.
Click our link below for more information about Narula Institute Of Technology
Hope this helps
at first i freeze narula institute of technology for IT sector cause i get with tfw..and and my economic condition is so bad and my dad is a handicaped person .NIT is near for me ..so i can also handle my family.domestic work..but now i come to know it is not good clg for IT what to do?
Dear Aspirant, NIT, kolkata it is named as one of the best college in state.It offers post graduate courses in various fields.It has well maintained laboratories with latest equipment,it has library with a huge collection of books and a reading room.
The syllabus is autonomous,so it's fully updated. The college has placement rating 4 for 5 , companies like TCS, capgemini, infosys, Deloitte recruit students.
Narula institute of technology has a good reviews and with well educated faculty.It has AAA+rating in engineering with NAAC B+Accreditation,it has autonomous approval with co-ed genders accepted.
The institute offers various postgr aduate and undergraduate, diploma programmes in different streams . Collaborations with tech mahindra, reliance jio infocomm, oracle, Infosys,TCS, wipro limited,kb enterprises, next gen solutions, etc.
For more information about NIT, Agarpara please visit the given link :-
For more information about NIT please read the reviews of students please visit the given link :-
For college comparing use our link :-
I will recommend you to use our college prediction if you want to go for second round of counselling please visit the given link :-
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
All the very best!!!
what is the admission fees of narula institute of technology with tfw quota
sharmasubham827 , There are various courses in narula institute of technology and there fees are also vary :
B.tech- 4 lakh
BBA,BCA - 2.4 lakh
And some other courses also so for more accurate information please mention the course name.
Hope it will be helpful for you :)
how much fees i have to pay in narula institute of technology for IT(with tfw)
If you are asking about Btech IT then the total fees is Rs. 408,000 in Narula institute of technology. After Tuition fees waiver the fees will be 73,600 as per their previous years fees structure. Kindly, confirm it by visiting their official website.
I hope this helps.
For more information, kindly, visit this link -
Techno international Newtown It Vs Narula institute of technology CSE or it vs BC Roy engineering college CSE which one is better .( Specifically Placement)
These colleges are really good but in my opinion Dr. B.C. Roy College of Engineering is better option for CSE course.
The infrastructure, faculty and placement everything is good in this college. The play ground of this college is very big and the whole campus is also big in size. Every department is very unique and the labs are very well decorated with it's instruments. The faculties are very well educated and student friendly too they make the students ready for the placement. The library is really full of books, magazines etc. The placement is really very good in this college. Almost 100% students from this stream get placed. The companies like, Capgimini, Cognizant, Wipro come here every year for placement purposes.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2020 ; CGPA : 2.43