WHAT IS LEATHER TECHNOLOGY ?
UG Course: Candidates aspiring to pursue Bachelor's of Technology or Bachelor's of Engineering in Leather Technology need to have passed 10+2 examination with physics, chemistry, and mathematics.
PG Course: Students aspiring to take up Master's in Leather Technology need to have passed their graduation in either Leather Technology, Biotechnology, or Chemical Engineering.
SCOPE OF LEATHER TECHNOLOGY
The Indian leather industry is the fourth largest export earner in the country and a number of designers are getting absorbed by footwear companies as technical designers. They are involved in cutting, pattern making as well as designing of products such as belts, bags, gift items, purses etc. The leather industry has made its way into the “Make in India” campaign as the government is aiming to increase the turnover of the leather industry from the existing $12 billion (nearly Rs 79,392 crore) to $27 billion (Rs 1.78 lakh crore) by 2020. This means that there will be job creation for almost six million people in this sector.
- Analytical Chemistry Of Leather
- Chemistry and Technology of Leather Manufacture
- Computer Applications in Leather Technology
- Fashion Styling And Computer Aided Design Of Leather Product
- Footwear Technology
- Principles of Material Testings
- Principles of Unit Opertaions and processes in Leather Manufacture
- Science and Technology of leather Auxiliaries
- Theory and Mechanism of Inorganic Tannages
- Theory of Leather Supplements and Synthetics
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 85 Joined
- 3 Questions