Admission Process 2021
Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology (MIT Muzaffarpur) offers B.Tech, B.Pharm and M.Tech courses. Various branches in which B.Tech courses are offered include civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, information technology, electronics and communication and leather technology. The total number of seats offered under the undergraduate programmes is 290. Admission to B.Tech and B.Pharm is done on the basis of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) after which the candidates have to appear for the counselling process. Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology offers M.Tech in machine design and thermal engineering. Admission to these courses will be done on the basis of score obtained by the candidates is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology admission process is listed below:
- Candidates aspiring to take admission to MIT Muzaffarpur have to firstly to apply and appear for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) .
- On the basis of rank secured in JEE Main, candidates have to register for Under Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling (UGEAC) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board for Muzaffarpur Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur admission.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the rank secured by the candidates in JEE Main, candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be shortlisted for the counselling process.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the counselling process for choice filling choice locking, seat allotment and document verification.
- Final selection of the engineering aspirant will be based on the following criteria - JEE Main, participation in the counselling process, choice filling choice locking, seat allotment and document verification.
- Candidates wishing to take admission to the PG courses offered by MIT Muzaffarpur have to apply and appear for GATE exam and secure valid scores.
- Based on the GATE scores, aspirants have to register on the website of Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board for participation in the Post Graduate Engineering Admission Counselling (PGEAC).
- During the counselling process, candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of the GATE scores.
- After the seat allotment, aspiring candidates have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite course fee.
- Thus the final selection of the candidate is based on the marks secured in GATE, participation in the PGEAC counselling process, verification of document and fee payment.
View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
Admission in MIT for four years B.Tech. course is made through Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (B.C.E.C.E.) conducted by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board. The candidates desirous of seeking Admission in MIT are advised to appear in Screening & Main Examination of B.C.E.C.E.