Foundational level course Computational Thinking
Prepare yourself professionally regarding programming by pursuing the certification in the Foundational level course Computational Thinking by IIT, Madras.
Exclusive of GST
Medium of instructions English
Mode of learning Self study
Mode of Delivery Video and Text Based
number of course credit 4
Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification is a foundational level course which is offered by the platform of the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. The course mainly aims to cover the programming section of computer-related topics. Candidates will be taught plenty of programming concepts with explanatory examples. All the concepts discussed in the Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification syllabus will be discussed with examples. Learners will understand how to identify the problems related to the topic. The questions related to the topics will be taught to solve manually through this course.
Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification course provides information related to programming, coding, debugging, etc. This course is helpful for those students who want to apply for a higher level of course. Students have the option to access this course from anywhere in the world, provided they have a stable internet connection and a laptop or computer, as it is entirely an online course. The course can be accessed for up to 12 weeks or till the candidates pass the end-term exam. The course is a self-paced course so students can study from the given online lectures according to their schedules and comfort. The institution offers verified sharable certificates at the end of the course or after the successful completion of the course. Students are expected to spend at least 9 to 10 hours per week completing the Foundational level course Computational Thinking training.
- Online sessions
- 12 weeks access to the course
- 9 to 10 hours per week is required
- Self-paced course
- Certification available
- Foundational level course
- Offered by IIT, Madras
- Weekly assignments, quizzes, end term exam
- Video lectures
Course and certificate fees
- Candidates need to pay Rs. 32000 as the Foundational level course Computational Thinking fees to get admission in the course.
Amount in Rupees
certificate providing authority
Who it is for
The course is suitable for:
- Candidates who wish to pursue this course professionally.
- Candidates who want to apply for higher levels of course.
Basic Knowledge of programming and computer science would be appreciated for the course.
Certification Qualifying Details
Students are expected to complete all the assignments, quizzes, and exams to acquire the certificate at the end of the course.
What you will learn
After the successful completion of the Foundational level course Computational Thinking online course, participants will learn about-
- Participants will learn about every possible aspect of programming along with its practical examples.
- Participants will gain amazing insights on topics such as debugging, coding, different algorithms, data, etc.
- Students will be able to learn how to communicate descriptions along with their procedures using flowcharts and pseudo-codes.
- Participants will be taught how to use different tools used in programming.
- Candidates will also be able to revise all the basics of programming in the introductory chapters of the Foundational level course Computational Thinking program.
- Candidates will understand about different techniques that are used in solving several problems.
- Students will be taught about database management and how to manage data and relations between data.
- Students will learn how to divide a large problem into smaller pieces and how to solve each of them individually.
- Candidates will be able to learn how to test and verify different algorithms.
- Participants will understand the fundamental abstractions that are used in programming with detailed examples through the Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification.
Applicants need to follow the given guidelines in order to apply for this course:
Step1: Candidates must visit the official website - https://onlinedegree.iitm.ac.in/course_pages/BSCCS1001.html
Step2: There is an Apply Now tab which needs to be clicked.
Step3: After the candidate clicks it, the candidate gets a form wherein he/she need to fill in the necessary details
Step4: Then the candidate needs to checkout for payment. After successfully making the payment, the candidates will be registered for it.
Introduction to course and datasets, concept of variables, iterators, filtering, sanity of data.
Matrix, graphs and optimization, for e.g. direct trains, best route, travel or total time, low fares
Relationships among data using a bipartite graphs e.g. loyal customer, competing shops, best discount
Data dependencies, three prize problem, lists, nested iterations, pattern recognition
Procedures, parameters, pseudo codes, and flowcharts
Data similarities and duplication using trees e.g. similar sentences, occurrences of a person or pronoun, movie’s summary comparison to find similar movies
Local operations, max in single iteration, max in double iterations (non-nested)
Recursion, divide and conquer
Searching (linear and binary), Sorting (insertion and selection), indexing, and hashing
BFS, backtracking, DFS
Evaluating arithmetic expressions, soundex algorithm, course wrap-up
Construction of flowcharts and pseudo code from a recipe, DIY manual, conversion from a flowchart to pseudo code
- Weekly assignments, three offline quizzes, and an offline end-term examination are supposed to be done in order to achieve the certificate throughout the course.
- An amount mentioned on the official website needs to be paid.
How it helps
Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification course by Indian Institute Of Technology, Madras covers every aspect related to programming. The course aims to focus on making the candidate educated enough about the subject so that candidate can go for a good career start or pursue the advanced level of the same course. The Foundational level course Computational Thinking certification benefits all those candidates who wish to pursue this course as a profession. The program offers an amazing learning experience to all those candidates who want to go for higher courses as this course acts as a foundation for advanced level courses. The syllabus covers other topics such as debugging, coding, etc. too which makes you identify different problems arising in numerous topics.
The course is offered by the platform of the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras which provides verified certification at the end of the Foundational level course Computational Thinking program. The certification includes the name of the candidate, acknowledgment, and the logo of the institution which speaks for the credibility of the certificate. The certificates can be shared on different social and professional platforms which increases the chances of employment. The achievement of the certificate can also be beneficial for the candidates’ academic life in case he or she wants to pursue any higher level of course.
The completion of the Foundational level course Computational Thinking online course can result in grabbing some interesting internships in the particular field as the achievement of the certificate can be highlighted in CVs and resume.
The course offers information regarding programming.
Candidates who want to make a career in programming or who want to apply for advanced level courses can apply for this course.
Candidates need to complete the weekly assignments, pass all three quizzes, and one end-term exam to acquire the certification for this course.
It will take up to 12 weeks to cover the whole syllabus of the course.
Yes, candidates need to appear for exams and quizzes in person or offline mode.
Candidates are expected to spend 9-10 hours per week to complete the course.
No, there is no such option available as of now.
Candidates who leave the course in the middle do not qualify to get a certificate.
Duke University, Durham via Coursera
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
Harvard University, Cambridge via Edx
Cooper Union via Edx