Input the details to know course wise cutoffs
About Cutoff at IIIT Pune
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune, like other IIIT’s, releases a different cutoff every year for the students to be able to determine their eligibility for taking admission in the institute. The institute has not yet released its cutoff for the year 2020-21. The students aiming to study in IIIT, Pune, have to qualify the JEE Mains exams with a significant rank or merit as the students for the institute are shortlisted on the basis of merit and through their JEE Mains ranking and further counselling and seat allotment procedure. The college authorities through the system of detailed analysis release the opening and closing ranks of JEE Mains every year in order to display the student’s eligibility for admission in the college. The college offers undergraduate B. Tech. degree with two different disciplines, Computer Science and Engineering, and Electronics and Communication Engineering for which two separate ranking criteria are released based on different factors. The cutoff rankings of JEE Mains for every year are displayed on their official website https://www.iiitp.ac.in/index.php which can be checked by students for determining their eligibility.
The selection process for the 2020 session is merit based on JEE Mains ranking. The JEE Mains examination for the year 2020 was conducted in two different phases of February and May due to outbreak of COVID-19, and the students will be judged based on their scores in this examination. The authorities of the institute consider four different points at the time of analyzing and releasing cutoff for the years, which are:
· Number of applicants – The cutoffs for every year depends on the number of applicants/candidates as the cutoffs are higher in case of the increased number of applicants whereas it decreases with the lower number of applicants.
· Seat availability/Total seat intake approved – The institute has specific seat intake for every year prescribed by Government which also affects the cutoffs as the decrease in seat intake will increase the cutoff whereas in case of increase in seat intake the cutoff is relatively decreased.
· The difficulty level of JEE Mains examination – The difficulty level of the paper for JEE Mains examination is one of the major factors influencing the cutoff for the year, as the authorities decrease the cutoff rankings in case of comparatively difficult paper whereas it decreases in case of comparatively easier paper.
· Total number of applicants of each course – The total number of applicants for each course also affect the cutoff rankings as the cutoff decreases in case of fewer applicants whereas it increases in case of a higher number of applicants in order to satisfy the designated seat undertaking of different courses prescribed for a particular year.
· Previous year cutoff statics - The authorities also consider and study the previous year cutoffs of different courses in order to determine the present year cutoffs.
The candidates trying to enter the prestigious institute of IIIT, Pune can take a brief look on the previous year cutoffs to determine the chances of their admission for the upcoming year as the authorities have not yet released the cutoffs ranks for the year of 2020.
B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
Comparison of closing Ranks of IIIT, Pune
COMPARISON OF CLOSING RANKS OF IIIT, PUNE
JEE Mains 2019 Cut Off
JEE Mains 2019 Cut Off
JEE Mains 2017 Cut Off
By seeing the ranking status of previous years, students can make a guess based on the specified factors about their probability of entering the institute. The cutoff of 2019 JEE Mains examination for Computer Science and Engineering was decreased from the previous year whereas the cutoff of 2018 JEE Mains examination was comparatively increased than the previous year rankings for the General and ST category students. An inverse trend is observed for the students of OBC category where the cutoff for the year 2019 was increased than the previous year whereas it decreased for the year 2018 compared to 2017 cutoff rankings.
The cutoff for B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering disciple was increased in the year of 2019 compared to 2018 rankings whereas the cutoff released for the year of 2018 was decreased compared to the rankings of 2017 JEE Mains exam for General and OBC students. A different trend is observed in the cutoff ranking for SC students that decreased for 2019 compared to 2018 and increased in the year 2018 compared to 2017 released cutoffs.
IIIT Pune Cut-Off trends (All India Category rank)
Get to know round-wise cut-off for your category and 798 more colleges
JEE Main 2021 College Predictor
IIIT Pune cut-off 2020 (Gender Male)
|Course||Category||Opening All India Category rank||Closing All India Category rank|
|B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering||General - All India||7874||20999|
|B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering||General - All India||15564||25897|