Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati (IIIT G) was established in the year 2013 under an Act of Parliament (The Indian Institute of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Act, 2017). IIIT G is an autonomous and private self funding institute. IIITG offers B.Tech degree, M.Tech degree and Doctoral (Ph.D) degree. Prof. Gautam Barua is the Director of IIIT Guwahati. The College is accredited with the tag of “Institute of National Importance”.
This IIIT G is located at Surjyamukhi Road, North, Amingaon, Guwahati, Assam and is well connected by both public and private transport. Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport is 6 kms away and Mirza Railway Station is around 8 kms away from IIIT G.
Accreditation and Collaborations
IIIT G is an autonomous institute of the Government of India accredited/recognized by the Department of Higher Education of the Ministry of Human Resource Department.
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Robotics Club- This Club is for the technophiles. This club actively participates in inter-college competitions.
- Programming Club- Programming Club provides platform to develop programmes/ software with coding and compete with each other.
- Quiz club- A Club focused on general knowledge quizzes.
- Cultural club- Cultural club takes care of all cultural activities for the musically and artistically talented students in IIIT G.
- Gymkhana Council: This Council will promote technical, cultural, sports and welfare activities in the institute.
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Total Fees: 9 Lakhs
- Seats: 115 Seats
- Total Fees: 9 Lakhs
- Seats: 85 Seats
- Total Fees: 4 Lakhs
- Seats: 35 Seats
- Total Fees: 4 Lakhs
- Seats: 25 Seats
Exams and Cutoffs
IIIT Guwahati offers admissions to undergraduate programmes through JEE Main. The detailed admission process is mentioned below:
For Undergraduate Programmes:
- The admission to this course will be based on the marks scored in JEE Main Exam and HSC Examinations as per Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Shortlisted students are then called up for counselling at the campus.
For Postgraduate Programmes:
- The admission to this course will be based on the marks scored in GATE Exam.
- The Candidates should appear in interview/admission test.
For Ph.D programmes:
- Students are shortlisted on the basis of written test.
- Personal interviews are held for shortlisted students for Ph.D programmes.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
- Hostel- IIITG has a hostel facility for both the boys and girls. The hostel has a common dining space, recreation room and manned with 24x7 security and backed with 24-hour power backup supply.
- Library- IIITG has a spacious library. It subscribes to the IEEE and ACM e-journal packages. The library is stocked with different books for the students to fulfil their academics and research requirements.
- Sports: College provides different sports facilities to the students such as basketball, football, badminton, etc.
- Laboratories- IIIT G has a well equipped laboratories of different departments such as electronics, signal processing, communication, microwave engineering, embedded systems, VLSI, robotics labs are present with a variety of instruments/equipments and software.
- Canteen- IIIT G has food facility for both vegetarian and non-vegetarian students.
Great college with main focus on academics.
It was a good experience
Last Seen: 22 May' 20
Joined On: 22 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- M.Tech Computer Science Engineering
Good campus with great facilities
A Good Place to be in
Questions related to IIIT Guwahati
companies visiting IIIT GUWAHATI
The Companies that come to IIIT GUWAHATI for placements and recruitment are as follows -
highest package offered at IIIT GUWAHATI
HIGHEST PACKAGE OFFERED (BRANCHWISE)
Branch Max CTC (in LPA)
Computer Science and Engineering 56.00
Electronics and Communication Engineering 7.00
avaerage Package offered at IIIT GUWAHATI
AVERAGE PACKAGE OFFERED (BRANCHWISE) at IIIT Guwahati is as follows -
Branch Avg CTC (in LPA)
Computer Science and Engineering 11.70
Electronics and Communication Engineering 5.19
fees structure of IIIT GUWAHATI
FEE STRUCTURE of IIIT GUWAHATI
Caution Money (One Time, Refundable) 5,000
Tuition Fee (per Semester) 1,00,000
Other Fees (per Semester) 12,500
Hostel Seat Rent (per Semester) 12,500
Mess Advance (per Month) 4,000
is iiit guwahati a good option for cse??? should I consider it over thapar cse???
We can compare both of these on the basis of the facility provided, infrastructure ,placement and their rating and ranking, so in terms of infrastructure thapar institute is on the top, in terms of placement again thapar institute is on the top and again the NAAC rating for thapar institute is A+ while it is not specified for IIIT Guwahati, and the facilities provided by the thapar institute are more than IIIT Guwahati, so thapar institute is recommendable for CSE.
Best of luck.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: