Indian Institute of Information Technology, Pune is known as the ‘first-stop’, for many companies and industries to recruit many undergraduate and post-graduate students. The institute is giving a 100% placement guarantee to their students of CSE and ESE. Placements are especially important, as the entire agenda of this hard-learnt education is to apply at a good place and serve society. In turn, you get a good package of money, depending upon the designation received. Experience is also very important when it comes to placement.
For any company to recruit someone, their training needs to be done by the institute to groom them well, so they can appear for the interview and know how offices work. Training is given in the form of seminars, alumni speak, presentations, FDP’s, guest lectures, etc.
The CDRC cell takes charge of the placement procedure. The steps are as follows:
· Step 1: The CDRC cell of IIIT, Pune, will send the recruiters important documents such as the placement brochure and invite them to conduct the placement process.
· Step 2: The recruiters interested in conducting placements will accept the invitations and will give their affirmative confirmation.
· Step 3: The candidates willing to take up jobs, will get themselves addressed at the CDRC.
· Step 4: On the day of the placement, the recruiters will come, as decided between the recruiter and placement cell. The placement cell will be in full assistance to the recruiters, and a pre-conference talk will be given to students about the companies and their policies. If candidates have any doubt, those will be cleared in the talk.
· Step 5: The candidates must go through various tests such as selection, group discussion, technical interview, HR interview, etc.
· Step 6: After selection in all tests, the final selection is made via personal interview (PI), group discussions (GD). Once the interview has been conducted, and if the student is selected, they either get an offer letter on the spot or after a few days.
Following statistics help in understanding the placements in a better manner:
Total number of students
Number of students who participated
Rs. 22 lakh p.a.
Rs. 4.5 lakh p.a.
Rs. 7.58 lakh p.a.
There is a CDRC cell in the institute for students, giving them a broad spectrum of organizations, companies, and industries to be recruited. These cells help students to career counselling for a better job prospective. Some of the recruiters are:
· ZS Associates
· National Instruments
· o9 Solutions
· Persistent Systems
· Reliance Jio
· TCS Digital
|First year total students intake||120|
|Total students admitted||83|
|Total Graduated Students||81|
|Total Placed Students||69|
|Total student gone for higher studies||1|
|Median Salary||11.00 L|
Cbit Hyderabad is better than IIIT Pune. Mentioned below are the points of comparison between these two institutes:
Read more about CBIT Hyderabad:
If you want to know the ranking of these colleges, then it is as follows on the basis of public perception, ranking, fees, cut offs and various other factors that affect the student. The order of the colleges is:
The placements in good colleges, especially in MNNIT, IIIT Allahabad and Lucknow are great. The packages for CSE here is 23 LPA+ and you'll not regret even a bit for joining here. So, all the best!
Hope I have answered your question. All the best!
Hope you are doing great! Here's your answer!
PICT is a much better options because the difference between IT and CS placements in PICT is almost 0. All companies who hire CS students allow IT students to apply too. Now for those wondering about difference in Course structures between the two the IT 2012 onwards syllabus is much better and well structured . PICT beats all colleges of Pune including COEP wrt acads . So PICT IT >>>> IIIT Pune CS .
The college fee in PICT is 3.86 lacks for 4 years and VIT Pune is 7.20 lacks for 4 years. Infrastructure is more in PICT compared to VIT Pune. Round -3 JEE mains cutoff rank for PICT is 10984 and that of VIT Pune is 22518 for the IT branch. PICT Pune placements 2020 witnessed the highest package of INR 43.33 LPA . Over 115 companies participated in the placement drive. Over 351 male students and 203 female students were offered placement offers by top companies. The placement percentage of PICT has also increased to 84.06%
I only heard good things about the institute from him. Here are some facts about IT at PICT and CSE at IIIT-Pune, which may help you to decide.
Institute of National Importance:
Students think that PICT is old so it’s better and yes it’s been around for 20 years since PICT’s inception and it has developed whereas IIIT-Pune is just 2 years old and has the potential for tremendous growth.
Best of luck!
Hope it helps!
The highest salary paid according to the latest statistics is Rs. 7.58 lakh p.a.
Yes, the institute is offering a 100% placement to ESE and CSE students.
Yes, training is given in the form of seminars, alumni speak, presentations, FDP’S, guest lectures, etc.
According to the latest statistics, Rs. 22.8 lakh is the highest CTC offered.
Access GATE Mock Test to know the preparation level
NTA had declared the JEE Main 2023 result session 2 on April 29.