WHAT IS RETAIL MANAGEMENT ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks along with a good score in independent entrance tests for the UG program conducted by select state, central, and private universities.
PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Science/Commerce/Arts/Engineering or in any other relevant discipline along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG program held by the various state, central and private universities.
SCOPE OF RETAIL MANAGEMENT
- There is massive scope for those looking for lucrative employment opportunities in the retail sector in India. The Indian retail sector is predominantly divided into three domains, them being brick and mortar retailing, online retailing and omnichannel retailing.
- Areas where Retail Managers can find interesting employment opportunities would be store management, commodities, sales markets, market segments, diversification of businesses, advertising and campaigning, marketing research and e-businesses.
Some of the positions offered to graduates in the retail sector in India are
Supply Chain Distributors
Assistant Store Managers
- Customer Buying Behavior
- Customer Relationship Management
- Information Systems and Supply Chains
- Merchandising Planning Process
- Multi-Channel Retailing
- Retail Market Strategy
- Retail Pricing
- Retailing: Introduction
- Types of Retailers