- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3 Years
Doctors of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Veterinary Physiology is a three-year full-time research course offered by West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences, Kolkata.
- The selection of candidates shall be strictly on the basis of academic score in Master’s Degree level and performance in the written test and personal interview. The academic score shall be decided on the basis of percentage of marks in aggregate or OGPA in Master’s Degree Examination. The total marks for preparation of merit list shall be 100, out of which 40% on academic score, 40% on of written test and 20% on personal interview.
- Qualifying marks for admission is minimum 50% in aggregate in Academic Score, Written Test and Personal Interview.
- The controller of Examinations shall publish the list of candidates recommended for admission in the notice board/ website before the date of admission.
- The candidates selected through ICAR all India Examination for admission to PhD. the programme shall be exempted from the aforesaid selection process. However, should posses the minimum qualification as stated above.
- Admission to Ph.D. course of the University shall open to candidates holding a two years Master’s degree in Veterinary & Animal Sciences, M.SC. (Dairying)/ M.Tech. (Dairy Technology) and M.F.Sc. and securing at least 55% marks in aggregate or 2.75 OGPA in 4.00 point scale or 6.75 in 10 point scale following a Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary and Animal Sciences (5 years)/ Dairy Technology (4 years)/ Fishery Sciences (4 years) from a recognized University or National Institute.
- Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. course in a subject shall have passed the Master’s Degree in the same subject and also have done sufficient courses in the proposed major field of specialization within the subject.