University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS Bangalore), Bangalore was established in the year 1963 through an Act by the Govt. of Mysore (Karnataka). The campus spreads over 30 acres of land. UAS Bangalore courses include diploma, certificate, undergraduate (B.Sc., B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Sc., M.Tech, MBA) and doctoral (Ph.D.) courses in the field of Agriculture.
UAS Bangalore is located at the Bellary Road, Vignana Kendra, Bengaluru, Karnataka. Yelahanka Junction Railway Station is 5.7 km away and Yelahanka Satellite New Town Bus Stand is 3.1 km away from the university. Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru is 24.3 km away ad it will take around 35 minutes to reach the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the university.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
UAS Bangalore has collaborations with several institutes:
- Mansanto Research Centre, Bangalore
- ICGEB, New Delhi
- ICRISAT, Hyderabad
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), New Delhi
- Unilever Industries Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
- M/s Chamundeswari Sugars Ltd., Bangalore
- NSL Sugars, Maddur
- AKAY Foods, Cochin
- KIRK House Trust, UK
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- NSS - National Service Scheme a national level social service programme that works for the upliftment and betterment of the society. NSS members are actively involved in community service and serve the society so that the underprivileged section can have a better life and prosper in terms of education, good health, etc.
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore Admission Details:
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore offers admission to the undergraduate (B.Sc., B.Tech), postgraduate (M.Sc., M.Tech, MBA) and doctoral (Ph.D.) courses in the field of Agriculture. UAS Bangalore admission to the undergraduate courses is offered on the basis of the Common Entrance Test (CET) conducted by the Government of Karnataka through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)/AIEEA UG examination. Admission to postgraduate courses will be done through the ICAR AIEEA PG examination. Further, the applicants have to participate at the university-level counselling process for seat allotment and document verification. The details of the UAS Bangalore admission process can be read further:
UAS Bangalore admission process for Undergraduate Courses:
- Candidates will have to apply and appear for the Common Entrance Test (KCET) conducted by the Government of Karnataka through the Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)/ICAR All India Entrance Examination for Undergraduate Agricultural courses (AIEEA UG).
- Candidates have to register and apply online on the website of University of Agricultural Sciences Bangalore.
- Based on marks secured in KCET/AIEEA UG, candidates will be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates have to further participate in the institute level counselling process for document verification and fee payment.
UAS Bangalore admission procedure for Postgraduate Courses:
- Candidates will have to apply and appear for the ICAR All India Entrance Examination for Postgraduate Agricultural courses (AIEEA PG).
- Candidates have to register and apply online on the website of UAS Bangalore.
- Based on marks secured in AIEEA PG, candidates will be shortlisted and shortlisted candidates have to further participate in the institute level counselling process for document verification and fee payment.
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore Facilities:
University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore provides several infrastructural facilities to the students and staff such as travelling facilities, medical and health centre to cater to the medical needs of the students. UAS Bangalore also has separate hostels for boys and girls, library with a varied collection of books, indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Other facilities like internet, coaching centre, etc are also available for them.
- Travell Facilities: To cater to the travelling needs, during the semester break when students visit their home. It also undertakes tours in different parts of India.
- Medical and Health Centre: UAS Bangalore has a medical centre that provides Medical Consultancy services. The medical officer is available round the clock.
- Hostels: University of Agricultural Sciences Bangalore has separate hostels for boys and girls. Wardens are available to care of the students. Common room with TV, internet, Music room, indoor games room and a library having selected books, magazines and newspaper etc are also available.
- Library: The university has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers. Students can also avail the internet and xerox facilities.
- Sports: UAS Bangalore provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Questions related to UAS Bangalore
which type of admission is their for bcc agriculture
Admission into Bsc agriculture courses in UAS Bangalore are based on the candidates merit in the entrance test conducted by the university. A relaxation of 5% in marks is applied to candidates belonging to the reserved categories. Bsc agriculture is offered in 5 campuses of UAS Bangalore, eligibility criteria for pursuing it is 10+2 with PCB and any other Science subject or Inter agri, selection criteria is based on Merit in qualifying exam.
Hope it helps!
Is this university accepting ICAR JRF for admission in mtech?
see university of agricultural sciences , bangalore has post graduate program on master of technology , m.sc and phd course.
UAS, BANGALORE offers m.sc/ M.TECH course of 2 years duration. The Master’s degree programmes are offered in the faculty of Agriculture, Horticulture, Sericulture, Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation and Agricultural Engineering.
MTECH COURSES IS AVAILABLE On Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Processing & Food Engineering.
phd course- The Doctoral degree programmes are offered in the faculty of Agriculture and Horticulture. The residential requirement for Ph.D. degree programme is 2 years.
admission in m.tech / m.sc course would based on graduation marks and marks on the written exam conducts by the university.
how much marks should a obc ncl student should score in kcet exam to get seat in this college ( based on last years analysis)
KCET cutoff for OBC-NCL is 40% of the total score i.e. 72 or above out of 180. for your reservation category, it would be good if you have a rank below 5k to join top colleges. to get a rank of that range, you have to score above 150.
Prepare well. Practice lot. test yourself with previous year questions, solve sample papers and revisit and revise to weak sections.
to know previous year cutoff , please visit the link below:
Hope it helps!
How much marks are required to get University of Agricultural Sciences Bangalore in ICAR for bsc agriculture and btech agriculture?
As according to your question ICAR stop is that the minimum qualifying percentage, which must be
secured to pass the agricultural entrance exam . General and UPS aspirants must have secured a
minimum of 50%, while that for SC/ST/PC students, it is 40%.
College Name Cutoff Rank
Focal Agri. College, Imphal (Manipur) 9189 (Score : 304)
NAU, Navsari, (Gujarat) 9400 (Score : 302)
UAS, Bangalore (Karnataka) 9959 (Score : 296)
RVSKVV, Gwalior (M.P.) 10268 (Score : 294)
College Name Cutoff Rank
CCSHAU, Hisar (Haryana) 95 (Score : 354)
MPUA&T, Udaipur (Rajasthan) 152 (Score : 333)
UAS, Bangalore (Karnataka) 165 (Score : 331)
JNKVV, Jabalpur (M.P.) 236 (Score : 313)
how many marks are required to get admission in bsc agriculture in university of agricultural sciences Bangalore?
Hello Devwrat Bisen,
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Agriculture is a full-time four-year undergraduate degree course offered by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore.
The eligibility criteria for B.Sc agriculture in university of agricultural sciences Bangalore -
A person, who have passed Higher Secondary/Intermediate (10+2) with science stream with at least 60% marks or any other examination recognized as equivalent thereto, shall be eligible for the course.
HOPE THIS WILL HELP YOU
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: