About Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata was established in 1707. The Institute initially started functioning inside the premises of Old Fort at Gerstein Place. IPGMER Kolkata was earlier known as Presidency hospital, which was built for the Europeans. The hospital was later shifted to Lower Circular Road. The name was later changed to the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research on 16th January, 1957, which was inaugurated by Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru, then Prime Minister of India. The institute offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral programmes related to various disciplines.
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research is located in Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Rd, Bhowanipore, Kolkata, West Bengal. The nearest airport from the Institute is the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport which is located 22 km away and students can reach the campus in about 44 mins. The nearest railway station from IPGMER Kolkata is the Sealdah Railway Station which is 5.6 km away. Students can hire an auto or a taxi to reach the campus in about 18 mins. Rabindra Sadan Metro Station is the nearest metro station from the Institute which is 1.3 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 5 mins from there.
Courses & Fees
IPGMER provides MBBS, D.M, M.Ch, M.D, M.S, Diploma programmes on the basis of NEET scores. Detailed description on admission procedures of all programmes are mentioned below.
For MBBS programme
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBBS programme need to appear and qualify NEET (UG).
- Based on the qualifying marks achieved by candidates in NEET (UG), they will have to register themselves for NEET (UG) counselling.
- Candidates will register themselves for counselling of NEET (UG) on the official website of NEET along with all required documents and payment of fees.
- Candidates need to select Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata as their first preference while doing the choice locking in the NEET UG counselling.
- Candidates will get admission to the MBBS programme based on NEET (UG) counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification, merit and fee payment.
For D.M/M.Ch programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to D.M/M.Ch programmes need to appear and qualify NEET SS.
- Based on the qualifying marks achieved by candidates in NEET SS, they will have to register themselves for NEET SS counselling on the official website of NEET.
- Candidates need to select Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research as their first preference in the NEET SS counselling.
- Candidates need to submit all the necessary documents along with required fees while doing the registration for NEET SS counselling.
- Candidates will get admission to D.M/M.Ch programmes based on NEET SS counselling, choice locking, document verification, merit and payment of fees.
For M.D/M.S/Diploma programmes
- Candidates seeking admission to M.D/M.S programmes need to appear and qualify NEET (PG).
- Based on the qualifying marks achieved by candidates in NEET (PG), they will have to register themselves for NEET (PG) counselling.
- Candidates need to select Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Kolkata as their first preference in the NEET (PG) counselling.
- Candidates need to submit all the necessary documents along with required fees while doing the registration for NEET (PG) counselling.
- Candidates will get admission to M.D/M.S programmes based on NEET (PG) counselling, choice locking, document verification, merit and payment of fees.
It is very much good in my view
Proud to be IPGMERIAN!
Hub of clinical learning at its supreme best
Best College and Hospital in East India
Last Seen: 15 Jun' 18
Joined On: 23 May' 18
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2011
Facculties r pretty good and supportive and infra is pretty
Last Seen: 27 Nov' 16
Joined On: 21 Apr' 14
Education Interest: Medical
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
IPGMER Kolkata provides sports facilities to the students of the Institute. Detailed description of the facility provided is mentioned below.
Sports Facility- The institute provides facilities for playing different outdoor and indoor games. There is also a football ground provided inside the Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research campus where students interested in playing football can practice.
Questions related to Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, Kolkata
b.pharma best government colleges
Top government b pharma colleges are listed below :-
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research SAS Nagar
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research Hyderabad
For details go through
what number of marks need to admission in neet exam for general category student?
Tarun, in 2019, under State Quota, an All India Rank of 13205 secured a seat in IPGMER under General Category. That was the cut off. It can be roughly translated to 575-625. Now cut offs change every year and are dependant on various factors such as no.of Candidates appearing for the exam, no,of Candidates qualified, top NEET score and difficulty of the exam. So if your target is IPGMER, you should aim for nothing less than 650. For any guidance during counselling and admission, you can use our MBBS Companion: https://www.careers360.com/mbbs-companion
What is the Max closing rank for getting into this college for MBBS?
You havent mentioned your Category. Neverthless, in 2019 under State Quota, the closing ranks for each Category for IPGMER have been as follows:
General Category: 13205
Now cut offs change every year depending on various factors such as no.of Candidates appearing for the exam, no.of Candidates qualified, top NEET score and difficulty of the exam.
do u have mds in omfs or ortho
this is a online platform which helps students for their career related doubts. As per your tag, Institute of post Graduate medical education and research doesn't provide ortho or OMFS. it provides MD in obstetrics and gynecology, pathology, psychiatry,general medicine, paediatrics, radiotherapy, biochemistry, anatomy, microbiology, pharmacology, physical medicine and rehabilation.
for more details please visit the official webpage of the institute.
Hope it helps!
what is the marks for bpt in ipgmer through neet ug for a general category?
Bachelors in physiotherapy is a 4.5 year course ( with 6 months as internship ) . The fees for one year is approximately 13000.
For more details open the link given below :
You can comment your further queries in the comment section below.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: