IIT Hyderabad (IITH) was established in 2008. It is one among the 2nd generation of IITs started by the Government of India. It is an institute of national importance. IITH has 17 academic departments: Artificial Intelligence, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Climate Change, Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Science (Virtual), Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering, Mathematics and Computing, Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Liberal Arts and Design. IITH offers B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Des, M.Phil, M.Sc and PhD programmes.
IITH is located at IITH Main Road, Near NH-65, Sangareddy, Kandi, Telangana. Begumpet Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 47 km away. Nearest railway station to the college is Shankarpalli Railway Station, located about 23.4 km away while the closest bus station to the college is Old Bus Stand, located about 8 km away.
IITH has collaborated/signed MOUs with the following institutions:
- University of Tokyo
- Keio University
- Kyoto University
- Kyushu University
- Nagoya University
- Hokkaido University
- Osaka University
- Ritsumeikan University
- Tohoku University
- Waseda University
- Shizuoka University
- University of Pittsburgh
- Takenaka India Pvt. Ltd & Takenaka Corporation, Group ICT Promotion Department
- Toshiba Memory Corporation, Japan
- NTT Advanced Technology Corporation, Japan
- Riken Center for Advanced Intelligence Project, Japan
- Weathernews Inc, Japan
- Kaohsiung Medical University, Taiwan
- National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
- Hiroshima University
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- National Changhua University of Education
- Woosong University
- The University of Lorraine, France
- Hokkaido University, Japan
- School of Engineering, The University of Lincoln, United Kingdom
- The University of Tokyo, Japan – Research Collaboration
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation & Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- The University of Aizu, Japan
- Akita International University
- University of Washington
- National Yunlin University of Science and Technology & Central Taiwan Science Park
- Shizuoka University, Japan
- Nagoya Electric Works Co. Ltd
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, USA
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- The National Institute of Information and Communications Technology of Japan
- University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
- KDDI (R&D Laboratories), Japan
- SHARP Corporation, Japan
- University of Southern California, Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Cruz
- University of Southern California, Sandeigo
- HiSIM Research Center, Hiroshima Univ.
- Northeastern University Boston, University of Rochester, USA and IIT Delhi
- University of Buffalo
- AG, Austria
- University of NEWCASTLE, Australia
- Osaka University
- University of Applied Sciences, CSE Dept
- Ritsumeikan University
- IC-Impacts Centres of Excellence at the University of British Columbia
- Johns Hopkins University
- Texas A&M University
- Deakin University, Melbourne
- Hogskole I Gjovik (HIG), Norway
- Purdue University
- Allied Telesis Labs Limited
- Osaka University, CREHIM
- Graduate School of Engineering, Osaka University
- Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University
- Keio University Japan
- Keio University Japan – Graduate School of Media and Governance
- Texas Tech University
- McMaster University
- Temple University
- Swinburne University
- Enrission Corporation Limited
- Waseda University
- Hokkaido University – Students Exchange
- Hokkaido University – Internship Exchange Program
- Hokkaido University – Exchange of faculty, research fellows etc
- High Energy Accelerator Research Organisation, Japan
- QuLabs software India Pvt. Ltd. and The Photonics Valley Corporation
- M/s.TalentSprint Private Limited
- Indian Institute of Science
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan – MHRD
- School of Engineering, Central University of Karnataka CUK, Kalaburagi
- Advanced Research Center for Powder Metellurgy and New Materials ARCI
- Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor Development Corporation
- Deity and MCIT
- Electronics Corporation of India Limited
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
- GE India Exports Private Limited
- Indian Railways Institute of Signal Engineering & Telecommunication
- Astra Microwave Products Limited
- Government of Telangana State
- Samsung India Electronics Private Limited
- Environment Protection Training & Research Institute, Govt. of Telangana
- Hyderabad Police Commissionarate
- HMT Machine Tools Limited
- Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship
- National Remote Sensing Centre
- AP State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC)
- Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
- Hyderabad Eye Research Foundation
- Optimus Logic Systems (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Prof. Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University
- MoU Centre for development of Telematics CDoT
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Aero Club- It is the aeronautics and drone flying club of the college. This Club designs flying gadgets with the help of aerodynamics and technology. In this club, aviation enthusiasts fuel innovation to re-invent “flying”.
- Cepheid- It is the astronomy club of the college. They present 360 space in virtual reality platform to enhance understanding of space and astronomy.
- Elektronica- It is the electronics, artificial intelligence and machine learning club of IITH. It aims to teach students to think about innovative practical projects in electronics, artificial intelligence and machine learning and achieve them.
- Kludge- It is the information technology and networking club of IITH. It conducts events, seminars and workshops on information technology and networking in the college.
- Infero- This is the programming and algorithms club of IITH. The members of this club design algorithms, solve puzzles on programming and algorithms and do brainstorming sessions.
- Lambda- It is the development club of IITH. The members of this Club engage in development activities like web and app development. The club thrives to keep learning new aspects of development.
- Prakriti- It is the nature club of the college. It conducts activities on nature exploring, nature preservation and environment development.
- Robotix- It is the robotics and automation club of the college. It strives to achieve perfection in the field of Robotics. It engages in activities like building robots, developing automation hardware and software.
- Torque- It is the automobile engineering and design club of IITH. Its aim is to design and develop machines in the field of automobile.
- Media Council- It is the media promotion club of IITH. It is involved in publicising the institute though social media, social events, etc. It is also involved in various newsletters of IITH like the academic newsletter, placement newsletter with the guidance of various faculties of IITH. It is also involved in managing all the social contacts of IITH.
- Finance Committee- This Committee takes care of all the finances made by the college. It keeps record of the finances and gives its stamp of approval to the financial suggestions made in concern of the college.
- Women’s Cell- This Committee works for the welfare of the women of the college. It makes them aware about their rights and takes action against any inconvenience faced by the women.
- Anti-Sexual Harassment Committee- This Committee works to prevent cases of sexual harassment in the college. It takes action against any act of sexual harassment happening in the college.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
- Candidates have to appear for JEE Advanced and secure the cut-off rank.
- Candidates then have to register for JoSAA counselling where they will do the choice filling for the programmes and colleges they want to opt for.
- In JoSAA counselling, candidates are shortlisted based on their rank in JEE Advanced.
- Final selection is made through JOSAA counselling based on choice filling, option locking, document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to appear for JAM Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates have to apply for admission online on IIT Hyderabad website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted based on their past academic performance and JAM Entrance Exam score.
- Shortlisted applicants will be called for counselling process.
- During the counselling process, applicants will have to appear for a Test/Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be done based on the performance in Test/Personal Interview.
- Candidates have to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Candidates then have to apply for admission at the IIT Hyderabad website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the college based on their GATE score.
- Shortlisted candidates have to appear for a Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Admission will be offered on the basis of performance in past academics, GATE, Written Test and Personal Interview.
- B.Tech. graduates from IITs with CGPA/CPI of 8.0 or above (on a scale of 10) would be eligible to admission without having to appear in GATE. Candidates who are sponsored by their employers also do not require GATE score for admission.
- Candidates have to appear for CEED Exam.
- Candidates then have to apply for admission at the IIT Hyderabad website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) based on their CEED score.
- Based on the DAT scores, the candidates are screened and shortlisted candidates will have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in Design Aptitude Test (DAT), Personal Interview, past academics and design portfolio.
- Candidates have to apply for admission at the IIT Hyderabad website.
- Applicants will be shortlisted by the college based on their past academic performance, statement of purpose.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for a Written Test and Personal Interview.
- Final selection will be mainly based on academic credentials, Written Test and Personal Interview.
IITH provides adequate facilities and amenities to its community. The college library is well-stocked and spacious. There is a dining area for students, staff and faculty, which serves clean and hygienic food. IITH also provides transport facilities to various parts of the city. A japanese restaurant called Shiru Cafe is situated in the campus which is manned by Japanese student interns. There are more than 100 laboratories in the college which are well-equipped. Hostels are separate for boys and girls, they provide adequate facilities to the students. Medical services are handled by a medical officer, emergency cases are handled by the nearby ODF Hospital. Other facilities at IITH include stationary shops, xerox centre, salon and laundry.
- Library- IITH has a well equipped library with more than 20,000 books and 10,000 periodicals. The books include reference books as well as the ones for regular circulation. IITH library also has an internal repository of scholarly publications made by its faculty and students. Numerous subscriptions to a wide variety of Online Journals and Digital Libraries are made.
- Dining- IITH has a common dining facility for its students, staff, and faculty. Both north Indian and south Indian food is served in the dining hall. The quality of food is good and hygienic.
- Transport- IITH provides transport facility for its students, staff and faculty. There are regular services from the nearest railway station to the campus and back.
- Shiru Cafe- Shiru Cafe at the college campus is a Japanese restaurant. The Cafe is manned by Japanese student interns and offers free beverages to IITH fraternity.
- Laboratories- IITH has more than 100 research labs. Each lab is well-equipped and provides state-of-the-art facilities for good practical learning.
- Hostels- There are separate hostels for boys and girls. Hostels at the college have single rooms with basic infrastructure such as bed, cupboard and a study table. Rooms are equipped with radiant cooling technique.
- Medical Facility- IITH has a dedicated permanent medical officer to cater to student’s medical needs. Emergency medical services are provided free of cost by the ODF hospital. A vehicle is provided for emergency cases.
- Other Facilities- There are stationary shops, xerox centre, salon and laundry facilities on the campus. These facilities can be availed at nominal prices at the college.
- Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship- It is focused on making universal healthcare a reality. The Center’s objective is to catalyse healthcare innovation to bring about affordable solutions to address healthcare needs of India. The Center hopes to foster entrepreneurs to deliver a pipeline of cost-efficient solutions.
- Center for Cyber Physical Systems and IoT- This Centre address challenges in areas of Green buildings, green ICT, green communication networks, smart cellular systems, intelligent transport systems, Personalised Healthcare Systems, Robotic surgery, and Healthcare services for Rural India.
- Design Innovation Center- In this centre, designers and engineers in academia interact with real world problems and stakeholders to give shape to creative entrepreneurial cooperation and collaboration.
Though it started late it ranks 7 among all the IITs.
Last Seen: 05 Feb' 17
Joined On: 03 May' 14
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- B.Tech Civil Engineering
Our college is incredible.
Excellent exposure to curricular & co-curricular activities
Best and one of the fastest growing IIT
Questions related to IIT Hyderabad
options and requirements after 12th in btech
There are various options available in B.Tech after class XII. You can choose the branch depending upon your interests and career expectations. If you are interested in computers and programming you can opt for B.Tech CSE, if interested in mechanical systems you can opt for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering, similarly there are various branches you can choose from.
For admission to these courses you need to appear for JEE Mains examination, the eligiblity criteria for this exam is the candidate should have passed class XII with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
Many states also conduct their own entrance for admissions to government engineering colleges in the state.
Follow this link for more information on JEE Mains
Also check out the knockout program for Jee Mains
i want to get admit in iit hyderabad in grotechnical engineering of civil engineering without gate..can you please help
Hello dear student,
As you said you want to get admission in IIIT Hyderabad. So the only way to get admission in IIT is you have to give JEE mains entrance test for BTech and for MTech you have to give gate . Because only through GATE score the entry in IIT is valid and it is the only way to get admission in IIT. There is no other way
I have 50th rank in the open category. Based on the previous years allotment pattern, I hope to enroll at IIT Guwahati or IIT Hyderabad. Which IIT should be my first priority? My order of preference is transportation, animation and graphic designs.
The Department of Design at IIT-Guwahati offers a vibrant environment for learning, practicing and exploring several facets of design. There are well established labs and excellent faculties. The placement record is good in IIT Guwahati. Almost 85% of the students get placed every year. Companies like Oracle, Flipkart, Samsung, Accenture, TCS, Wipro etc recruit students under various job titles like Graphic Designer, Senior UX designer to UI designer. The highest salary offered till now is 30 lakhs.
I have secured 117th rank in UCEED. I want to know the possibility of dmission in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad or in IIIT Jabalpur. Please reply. Thanks. Ishita Sarkar
Since you have not mentioned your category I am assuming it to be general.As per the previous year cutoff you can make it to IIIT Jabalpur. For more information you can refer this link: https://design.careers360.com/articles/uceed-cutoff
Should I take a dual degree in IIST or take a B.Tech in Engineering Physics at IIT Hyderabad and then go for further studies? I want to get into astrophysics.
If we look at comparative analysis of IIST and IITH then I'd say that IIST is better for a narrow field of area ie astrophysics due to the following reasons
- Selective field: IIST is more focused on space science which also allines with your interest in astrophysics, IIST is newer and has well equipped labs at par with older IITs
- Placements: if you look at the placements then simply put IITs generally get better placements, but IIST being a new colleges get lesser visits from companies.
- Core: if you r intrested in more theory and science then you should go for IIST but if you are more interested in technology, engineering and placements then go for IITH
You may succeed in proving your mettle once you crack JEE Advanced, however....
In a first, Indian Institute of Hyderabad in collaboration with the Indian ....
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IIT-H) hosted its sixth annual co....
Recognising the importance of business analytics as a discipline and the ....
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Hyderabad observed a week-long for ....
The Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Hyderabad will launch two new B....
In a bid to help Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) and start-up....
Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship at IIT Hyderabad offers fellowship programme for healthcare entrepreneurs
Center for Healthcare Entrepreneurship at the Indian Institute of Technol....
IIT Hyderabad is known for offering an innovative environment wherein stu....
Careers360 interviews Prof. U.B.Desai, Director of IIT Hyderabad, who sha....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: