Presidency University Kolkata was established in 1817. The University initially started functioning as the Hindoo College which later got changed into Presidency college of Bengal in 1855. The college got the status of an University and got transformed its name into Presidency University on 7th July, 2010. The University is approved by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The college also conducts entrance examinations of its own namely Presidency University Bachelor Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET) to offer admissions to undergraduate programmes and Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test (PUMDET) to offer admissions to postgraduate programmes.
Presiuniv is located at 86/1 College Street, Kolkata, West Bengal. The nearest airport from the University is the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport which is 12.4 km away and students can reach the campus in 31 mins. The nearest railway station from the University is the Sealdah Railway Station which is 2.6 km away and students can reach the campus in approximately 11 mins. The nearest bus stop from Presidency University Kolkata is the College Street Bus Stop which is 350 m away and students can reach the campus in 1 min. Central Metro Station is the nearest metro station from the University which is 1 km away and students can reach the campus in 2-3 mins.
Presiuniv Kolkata is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
Indiana University (IU)
Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute
The University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Information and Library Network Centre (ILNC)
Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
NS Raghavan Centre for Entrepreneurial Learning a Centre for excellence at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (NSRCEL-IIMB)
Department of Physics, University of Massachusetts Lowell
Edward Food Research & Analysis Centre Ltd (EFRAC)
University of East Anglia Norwich, UK
University of Cambridge, UK
The School of Oriental and African Studies University of London, UK (SOAS)
Tata Medical Centre
Georgia State University and Its College of Arts & Sciences (GSU)
University of Dublin, Trinity College Dublin
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
- Literary Society- The main objective of the Literary Society of Presidency University is to develop the literary and English speaking skills of students. Students are motivated to join this club where various programmes and activities are conducted to develop the literary skills of students for their career opportunities and overall development.
- Debate Society- The Debate Society aims to develop the debating skills of students. Students of this society conduct practice sessions among themselves to improve their skills in debating and speaking which will also boost up their confidence. Members of this society have also conducted and participated in various debate competitions inside the University campus.
- Quiz Society- The Quiz Society of Presidency University Kolkata consists of members who are interested in developing their quiz skills. Members of this club study and gather information on various topics including current affairs, general knowledge and social issues. The members of this club also conduct and participate in different quiz events conducted inside the University.
- Society for Paranormal Enthusiasts- This Society comprises members who are interested in knowing more facts and truth about paranormal activities. Students here read and study various facts and truth about the Paranormal world.
- Photography Club- The Photography Club of Presiuniv Kolkata captures all the wonderful moments of joy and happiness. All the pictures and videos needed to be taken are clicked and edited by the members of this Club. This club provides a platform to students where they can show their creativity in terms of photography. It also motivates other students of the institute to join this club so that they can learn and develop skills on photography. The members of this club also organise and participate in various events and cultural fests.
- Presidency College Cinematic Society- Cinematic Society of Presi Univ encourages and develops the cinematic skills in students. The society also conducts discussions on film creation and acting for students interested in cinema and film-making.
- Drama Society- The Drama Club of Presidency University comprises members who are interested in acting and drama. This club encourages the students to develop their skills in acting. Members of this club have also participated in different skits and plays in events and programmes conducted inside the University.
- Innovation Club- The Innovative Club consists of members who share a common interest to learn more about innovation. The members of this club indulge themselves in group activities and programmes where they discuss, share and learn information to create new things.
This College is accredited by NAAC A (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 15 Dec 2021 and the score is 3.04 .
Presidency University offers admission to various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes. The University offers admissions to undergraduate programmes based on the scores of Presidency University Bachelor Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET) and to postgraduate programmes based on the scores of Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test (PUMDET). Presidency University Kolkata also offers admissions to Ph.D programmes based on the performance of the written test and interview conducted by the authority. Detailed description on the admission process conducted by the University is mentioned below.
For undergraduate programmes
- Students seeking admissions to undergraduate programmes need to appear and qualify Presidency University Bachelor Degree Entrance Test (PUBDET).
- Students securing qualifying marks in the test have to apply online on the official website of the University.
- Admissions will be offered to candidates after the verification of documents and payment of fees at Presidency University Kolkata.
For postgraduate programmes
- Students interested in getting admissions to postgraduate programmes have to appear and qualify Presidency University Master Degree Entrance Test (PUMDET).
- Based on the qualifying scores, students have to apply online on the official website of Presidency University.
- Students will be offered admissions to postgraduate programmes after document verification and fees payment at the University campus.
For Ph.D programmes
- Students seeking admissions to Ph.D programmes need to appear and qualify the written test conducted by the authority.
- Students securing qualifying marks in the exam also have to qualify the interview conducted by the administration.
- Eligible candidates have to fill the application forms on the official website of Presidency University Kolkata.
- Final admissions will be offered after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the University campus.
Presidency University Kolkata offers certain facilities to the students, staff and faculty members of the Institute including library, hostel, career counselling, medical facility etc. Detailed description of all the provided by the Institute to the students, staff and faculty are mentioned below.
- Library- The Library of Presidency University is well equipped with a huge collection of books, periodicals, manuscripts and multimedia resources providing all necessary information to the students and faculty regarding their academics and subject area. The library also provides other facilities like photocopying, printing, scanning etc. The library timings are 10 am to 5 pm on all working days. Students can also borrow books and have to return it within the mentioned time given by the library. Students are allowed to borrow books from 10.30 am to 4.30 pm.
- Hostel- Presidency University Kolkata provides separate accommodation to boys and girls in hostels. Hostels are allotted to students based on the availability of rooms. All the hostels are provided with basic facilities for comfortable stay of students. Students here also participate in different types of sports including football, cricket, volleyball and table tennis etc.
- Career Counselling- Students are provided career counselling by trained and educated professionals. Students facing any difficulty in terms of their career and academics are free to discuss with our counselors and they will come up with the best solution possible. All the career counselling sessions are conducted in a peaceful environment.
- Medical facility- Presidency University has tied up with Ruby General Hospital which is responsible for managing all the medical facilities of students and faculty of the University. Students will get free medical treatment by displaying their University ID cards. The University also organises health camps to spread the importance of health awareness among students and other members of the University.
Being a Presidencian is definitely a proud experience
A place with nostalgia striving to keep u with times
Last Seen: 27 Apr' 17
Joined On: 27 Apr' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
Experience with Presi: A sweet memory, a fine privilege
Last Seen: 04 Feb' 17
Joined On: 04 Feb' 17
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2016
Old fashioned Education and Hidden politics
Last Seen: 10 Sep' 16
Joined On: 10 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2012
- B.Sc Physics Hons
Questions related to Presidency University, Kolkata
ba economics honours better than presidency University Kolkata or st.xaviers Kolkata.
In Presidency University Kolkata BA in Economics course is not available and instead B.Sc in Economics course is available there.
If you wish to go through detailed information on BSc Economics you can refer to this website :- https://www.careers360.com/university/presidency-university-kolkata/bsc-economics-hons-course
In St. Xaviers Kolkata similarly instead of BA hons BSc in Economics course is available and you can go through the following website for more information :-
If we compare for B.Sc courses in Economics it is quite evident that St. Xaviers is far more better than Presidency.
The NAAC score of St. Xaviers is Grade: A++ | CGPA: 3.77/4 while for Presidency it is Grade: A | CGPA: 3.04/4.
Placement, faculty, college facilities everything is up to the mark and even the students reviews and ratings are also better for St. Xaviers.
You can compare it yourself using this link :- https://www.careers360.com/compare-colleges?college=5739-1035-course=88927-36847
My aggregate percentage is 95.Will I get a chance in Presidency University Kolkata for BSC Economic Honours?
Seeing previous year figures you have chances of getting BSC economics in presidency University Kolkata.
Check out the link
how to apply in presidency university Kolkata. I have applied for PUBDET but it is canceled. should I have to reapply by going to the official university website?
As per the latest updates PUBDET has been postponed due to the outbreak of covid19 now. Also the admission tests for each universities differ , so be prepared for every type of tests.
But I don't think you will have to reply , if you have applied for any course you wait for the publication of the merit list. Because this time application will be merit based.
When will the entrance exam for BA course be held of Presidency University Kolkata?
Which is best in terms of nationally brand value or reputation among - kalyani university or vidyasagar university or burdwan university or presidency university or MAKAUT (WBUT) university? please make rank on the basis of reputation, faculty qualification and experience, education quality ...
see you did not mention about any particular course, however according to ourse curriculum and latest syllabus, students review I have rearranged the university as follows,
maulana abul kalam ajad university of technology
Presidency University Result 2020 - Presidency University has released the ....
Presidency University Admission 2020 - Presidency University has released ....
NEW DELHI: Presidency University, Kolkata has released the Presidency Unive....
NEW DELHI: Amidst the COVID-19 outbreak, West Bengal Joint Entrance Examina....
New Delhi, January 9: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board (WBJEEB....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 15 Dec 2021 ; CGPA : 3.04