About IIIT Bhagalpur
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur is an institute of national importance and is established through Public-Private Partnership and is a joint venture between MHRD, Government of India (50%), Government of Bihar (35%) and BELTRON (15%). The institute is one of the IIIT's started by the act of Parliament that started its working from the year 2017. The institute is established with the aim of "Value Creation, Innovative Ideas & Transformational Leadership" in order to create best leaders and resources for the future.
The institute is presently aided by Bhagalpur College of Engineering (BCE) by providing infrastructural assistance through buildings and all other facilities for their campus. The Government of Bihar has provided 50 acres of land to IIIT, Bhagalpur for their permanent campus on which the construction is likely to start soon. The institute is not long-established but is mentored by IIT, Guwahati to provide all the necessary assistance, expertise, resources, and best faculties to achieve their goals and provide best class education to their students. The institute currently offers undergraduate B.Tech degrees in three different branches namely Computer Science & Engineering (CSE), Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE), and Mechatronics Engineering (MEA) for the tenure of four years each. The institute is also planning on introducing Post Graduate and PhD courses in the near future.
IIIT, Bhagalpur Highlights
Name of the Institute
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur
Year of establishment
Bhagalpur College of Engineering Campus Sabour, Bhagalpur – 813210 (Bihar)
NIRF Ranking 2020
Infrastructure and facilities
· Computer centre
· Hostel facilities
· Guest house
· Banks, ATM & Post Office
· Guest House
· Virtual Classroom
· Conference rooms
· Medical facility
· Safety and security
Total number of courses offered
Mode of education
B.Tech (4-year course)
JEE Mains (Paper -1)
IIIT, Bhagalpur Location
The institute is located in the beautiful city of Bhagalpur that has its historical importance and is situated on the southern banks of river Ganges. Bhagalpur is the third-largest city of Bihar and is regarded as crucial as an educational, commercial and political centre of the state, Bihar.
The institute is currently established in the campus of Bhagalpur College of Engineering (BCE), Sabour, Bihar. The institute is approximately 3 km away from the Sabour Railway Station and 7 km away from the Koyla Bus Depot. The institute also has access to two main Railway Stations of Bhagalpur, one of it is located in the city and the other being Naugachia Railway Station at a distance of 25 km from the city. The institute is also accessible through air and rail connectivity along with easy access to cabs and auto-rickshaws.
IIIT, Bhagalpur Clubs, Committees and Councils
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur aims at providing the best possible learning environment for students in order to promote all-round development through educational as well as extracurricular activities. The students are also aided by different departments and committees for their betterment, namely:
· Coding Club
· Developer Student Club
· AI & ML Club
· Tech Club
· Debate Club
· Photography Club
· Music and Dance Club
· Badminton Club
· Volleyball Club
· Cricket Club
· Training and Placement Cell
· Women Cell
· Finance Committee
· Building and Works Committee
· Department of Mechatronics Engineering
· Department of Computer Science & Engineering
· Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
· Department of Basic Science and Humanities
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur Infrastructural facilities
1. Library – The institute provides Vikramshila Central Library for students that was established in the year 2017 with 500 textbooks and reference books and at present offers a collection of over 3500 printed books and volumes of ostensible authors and publishers. The library is open to students from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM along with the facility of reading rooms.
2. Computer Center – The institute has a computer centre that manages electronic, computation and communication facilities all around the campus. The centre governs and provides internet connectivity all around the campus and hostels through LAN networks. The centre also maintains the computer labs, PC's of faculties and staff members along with connectivity to academic departments, hostels, sports complex and medical complex through National Knowledge Network (NKN).
3. Hostel facilities – The college has a total of six hostels out of which five are allotted for boys and one for girls. The hostels of the campus are governed and monitored by the Hostel Affairs Board to ensure proper functioning and maintenance of hostel rules and policies.
· Boy's hostel – The institute provides efficient and well equipped residential aid/hostel facilities for boys with a total of five hostels for boys. The five hostels for boys are well equipped with 24/7 water supply, electricity supply, internet connectivity and all other necessary requirements. The hostel has double bed as well as triple bedrooms that are well maintained and secured 24/7.
· Girls Hostel – The institute has a Girls hostel that has 8 rooms and 16 beds. The hostel has water and power supply 24/7 along with other facilities like mess, Wi-Fi internet connectivity, guest room, TV room, outdoor and indoor game facilities. The hostel is also guarded by a security guard 24/7.
4. Banks, ATM & Post Office – the institute has easy access to banks and ATM situated inside the campus to cater to the financial needs of students along with postal facilities at a walking distance.
5. Guest House – the college campus is equipped with a Guest House that contains five guest rooms (Four AC and One Non-AC) having all the necessary amenities.
6. Virtual Classroom – the institute has a virtual classroom that has a seating capacity of around hundred students and is equipped with PTZ Camera, Projector, 43" LED TV, Amplifier, Wireless MIC, Presenter and Sound System for 1:5 video conferencing.
7. Conference Room – the college campus also has a well-developed conference room for around fifteen people that is equipped with PTZ Camera and 43"LED TV with Video Conferencing facility through Panasonic Codec, along with projector and sound system having Wi-Fi connectivity.
8. Medical facility – the college has a Doctor's clinic that is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5:30 PM to 7:30 PM along with a sick room for students. The college also has emergency facilities along with contacts to different hospitals of the city in case of any emergency.
9. Safety and security – The institute has top tier security through cameras and bodyguards for hostels and campus doors providing 24/7 safety.
IIITBH Courses, Fees and Eligibility
The institute offers only one under graduate (UG) program at present for B.Tech courses for four years each in three different branches namely:
· Computer Science & Engineering (CSE)
· Electronics & Communication Engineering (ECE)
· Mechatronics Engineering (MEA)
Fee Structure for B.Tech. Courses
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur at first offered two branches in B.Tech and has added a new specialization in the year 2019. Now the college offers admission in three branches of B.Tech through JEE Mains examination scores. The college releases different cutoffs of JEE Mains ranking every year for students to be able to qualify for the further process. The final students are shortlisted through the JoSAA/CSAB counselling process through which students are allotted seats in the institution. The selected students are supposed to fill the form, submit the required documents along with fee payment.
IITBH Admission Procedure for B.Tech. Programme
· Appear for the JEE Mains exam
· Meet the eligibility criteria
· Eligible students have to register for JoSAA/CSAB counselling process
· Students are allotted seats in the institute based on JoSAA/CSAB counselling
· Selected students have to fill the admission form along with required documents
· Students have to pay the fees in the required time
The students of IIITBH can avail scholarships from the State/Center/Public Unit Sector schemes and facilities. The college does not provide any kind of scholarship to students. The students can visit https://iiitbh.ac.in/financial-aid for identifying different scholarship schemes along with eligibility criteria and amount. There are scholarship schemes along with aids for reimbursement and loan facilities from the Government.
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur Cutoffs
The institute is not long-established but has been admitting students since August 2017 in B.Tech (Undergraduate) course in different branches through cutoff released by the institute based on different factors such as:
· Number of applicants
· Seat availability/Total seat intake approved
· The difficulty level of JEE Mains examination
· Total number of applicants of each course
· Previous year cutoff figures
The institute authorities release different closing and opening ranks every year based on the above-mentioned factors for all three different branches of B.Tech program.
The Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur is not long-established and started its first batch in August 2017. The college is yet to conduct their placement procedure for the first batch of 2021. The placement and internships of the institute are carefully governed by the Placement & Training Cell.
IIITBH Placement Procedure
1. The Placement & Training Cell of the college contacts different companies/organizations and invites them for the recruitment drive.
2. The interested companies fill-up the JAF (Job Announcement forms) and send them to the institute.
3. Companies are given time slots to conduct Pre-placement talks with students.
4. After that, the students register themselves for different companies based on their interest and eligibility.
5. The company then shortlists students according to their requirements.
6. The institute prepares a schedule for on-campus placement procedures.
7. The companies visit the campus for conducting interviews according to the allotted slots.
8. The companies are then requested to issue confirmation letters for the selected students.
9. Finally, the companies have to send job offer letters of selected students to the Placement & Training Cell.
IIIT Bhagalpur Highlights
IIIT Bhagalpur Courses & Fees
IIIT Bhagalpur Admissions 2021
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur (IIIT Bhagalpur) recognised as an ‘Institute of National Importance’ was established in the year 2017 as an initiative by the Government of India to set up 20 new Institutes of Information Technology to impart valuable technical knowledge to the students. The Ministry of Human Resource Development under the Government of India assisted the establishment of the institute under a public-private partnership.
IIIT Bhagalpur Exams and Cutoffs
IIIT Bhagalpur Student Reviews
IIIT Bhagalpur Facilities
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur is one of the topmost technological institutes located in one of the best cities of Bihar. It is a developing institute of technology specially set up by MHRD. The institute officially began to admit students from August, in the year of 2017. It comes under the supervision of IIT Guwahati. Initially, makeshift campuses were allocated by Bhagalpur College of Engineering (BCE). The institute is surrounded by fantastic scenery which includes the river Ganges. The city is of Economic, Commercial and Industrial importance due to its flourished natural resources.
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Guest Room
IIIT Bhagalpur Scholarship
Scholarships and other financial assistance offered by the college are as follows:
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur makes sure that everyone gets equal right to education and ensures that it is not stopped due to some bad financial circumstances. The underprivileged have some opportunities to avail their scholarships. The scholarships are both central/state. It is given to the deserving based upon certain criteria like monthly income, age, gender, place of residence, etc., Students are requested to avail these opportunities and make use of them to the fullest.
Male students count about 93%, and female students are 6%
National Scholarship Portal (https://scholarships.gov.in/)
There are a few scholarships that will come under this portal.
· Central Sector scholarship for College and University Students provided by the MHRD, Govt. of India.
· National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
· Central Sector Scholarship of Top-Class Education for SC students from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi
· National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students in association with the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Students Belonging to Minority Communities by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, New Delhi)
State Post-Matric Scheme of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Manipur Meghalaya, Goa, etc.,
Central Sector/PSUs Scholarships (Visit their websites)
· Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Scholarship for SC/ST students
· SAIL Scholarship for SC/ST Students: https://www.sail.co.in/
· NTPC Scholarship: https://www.ntpc.co.in/en/corporate-citizenship/scholarships-programme
· Coal India Limited Scholarship.
State Government Fee Reimbursement Schemes
The Governments of Telangana, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, and Madhya Pradesh provide schemes for SC, ST, and OBC for the reimbursement of fees. Check out their websites for more information.
Thus the above-mentioned scholarships and schemes will be availed by almost everyone. Since the population of categories is scattered, though the general category is about 42%. The above-mentioned schemes and scholarships are provided by the government.
IIIT Bhagalpur Gallery
Questions related to IIIT Bhagalpur
when new campous of iiit bhagalpur will be ready?
There is specified time being announced.The campus is still in construction phase. The construction of new building has not been started yet with fill force. Although you will get hostel and classes are good. Recently the placements were also concluded and the highest was 30 LPA.
So, don't worry about those things as college administration will take care about that.
I hope this helps.
other nit/iiit which is better than iiit bhagalpur as same rank in jee main?
According to past trends generally you can expect IIIT bhagalpur with almost same rank as that of III Guwahati,Bhopal,Ranchi,Manipur Surat and agartala.The rank for different subjects may vary as per the CS and IT background.But for other streams the cutoff for these college genrally remains same.
You can check the colleges that you can get based on the link I am providing below:
Hope it helps!!
can i get iiit bhagalpur if i score 92% in jee main with obc ncl and home state quota?
You must secure atleast 93 to 95 percentile for iiit bhagalpur 40000 to 60000 rank.
I hope you have a chance to get IIIT BHAGALPUR.
I hope my answer helps. All the very best for your future endeavors!
what is the avg pakdge of IIIT bhagalpur in CSE branch?
Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.) in Computer Science and Engineering is a four year full time Graduate program offered by Indian Institute of Information Technology, Bhagalpur. The college was established in the year 2017, so there is no pass out batch yet for exact average placement scenario. However, there is separate placement cell for placing students.
For more details visit the link below:
iiit bhagalpur any scholarship is there in ews students and scholarship is Appleable
The students of IIIT Bhagalpur can avail various central, state, as well as PSU (Public Sector Unit) scholarships based on your merit, income, category, state of residence, etc.
Some National scholarships offered by IIIT Bhagalpur are:
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top-Class Education for SC students (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi)
- National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST students (Ministry of Tribal Affairs)
- National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Students Belonging to Minority Communities. (Ministry of Minority Affairs, New Delhi)
- Central Sector scholarship for College and University Students (MHRD, Govt. of India)
- State Post-Matric Scheme of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Manipur Meghalaya, Goa, etc.
Central/ PSU scholarships:
- Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Scholarship for SC/ST students
- SAIL Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- NTPC Scholarship
- Coal India Limited Scholarship
State Government reimbursments
Educational loan assistance
IIIT Bhagalpur Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Does the institute provide any scholarship for students?
No, the college does not provide any kind of financial aid, but the students can apply for scholarships provided to students based on merit and different eligibility criteria by State/Center/Public Unit Sector schemes.
Question: Does the institute have air and rail connectivity?
Yes, the institute has air and rail connectivity through Guwahati Airport, Jay Prakash Narayan International Airport, Patna, and Guwahati Railway station, and Bhagalpur Railway Station along with transportation facilities to and from the campus.
Question: What are the courses offered by IIITBH?
The institute offers B.Tech under the graduate programme at present for a term of four years and is planning to introduce M.Tech and PhD programmes in the near future.
Question: What are the infrastructural facilities provided by the institute?
The institute offers and satisfies all the basic requirements of students through Library, Computer centre, Hostel facilities, Guesthouse, Banks, ATM & Post Office, Guest House, Virtual Classroom, Conference rooms, Medical facility, Safety and security and much more.
Question: When was the college established?
The college was established in the year 2017 through PPP of MHRD, Government of India, Government of Bihar and BELTRON, and is currently mentored by IIT, Guwahati.
Question: Does the institute provide internships and placement?
Yes, the college provides various research-based and industry-based internships to its students. The college is yet to conduct its placement procedure for the first batch of B.Tech in 2021.
Question: What is the faculty to student ratio of the college?
The faculty to student ratio of the college is 1:17.
Question: On what basis are the students selected for the B.Tech course?
The students are selected on the basis of their JEE Mains score and ranking through the prescribed cutoff of the institute every year.
Question: What is the procedure for admission if the student is eligible after the released cutoff ranking?
The student who is eligible for admission after the released cutoff has to register themselves for the JoSAA/CSAB counselling process through which students are allotted seats on merit.
IIIT Bhagalpur Related Articles
IIIT Bhagalpur Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The Boys’ Hostel has 5 hostels, a total of 107 rooms with 255 beds. Boys’ hostels has 24/7 power and water supply, along with internet service. Cleaning and sweeping of the hostels are done regularly. The hostels also have a playground in front where the students can play and use the ground to keep their body fit. They also have a TV room where the students can relax after college hours. The hostel provides other amenities like a mess, play area for both indoor and outdoor games.
The girls’ hostel has 8 rooms and 16 beds. The hostel 24/7 power and water supply, along with internet service. Cleaning and sweeping of the hostels are done regularly. The hostels also have a playground in front where the students can play and use the ground to keep their body fit. They also have a TV room where the students can relax after college hours. The hostel provides other amenities like a mess, play area for both indoor and outdoor games.
The institute also provides medical facilities for students who are sick. A visiting doctor also comes on alternative days during the evening time. A sick room is also allotted for very sick students. In emergency cases, best hospitals are also available nearby the campus.
According to the update given in the homepage of the college website and the brochures, it is known that the library has got its name after the famous Vikramshila Dolphin Sanctuary located near the town and also the world-famous Vikramashila University developed during the 9th century. The library hall can contain a minimum of 50 students at a time and is available from morning 9 am to evening 5:30 pm. It has a wide range of textbooks and references in the domain of electronics and communication and information technology. A list of eminent publishers provides books to the renowned library. It also contains the modern strategy of Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) which helps in the difficulty of finding the books, and the library is student-friendly by using a self-check-in and self check-out dropbox.
The Computer Center not only provides space for learning but also serves the whole IITBH family in many ways. It provides access to the internet, e-mails and maintains computational facilities. It contains 300+ nodes to provide access to the network. The IITBH LAN provides access to the students in hostels, medical emergency areas and to the whole building. The server that is being used is one of the best, Dell PowerEdge R730. The hardware and software are renewed on time in order to prevent any difficulty faced by the students and staff. Full-time internet connectivity is being availed by the National Knowledge Network (NKN) at a speed of 1gbps. Power Supply is available all the time to the UPS in an amount of one 20KVA.
The guest house in IIIT Bhagalpur has a total of five rooms. Four ac rooms and one, a non-ac room. The rooms have double and triple beds along with all amenities like wi-fi, milk with sugar and also TV and Sofa are available.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: