Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai (TEC-NM) is one of the well-known colleges of Mumbai, with ‘A’ Grade From Maharashtra Government. It works with a mission to provide an environment of academic excellence and to adopt appropriate teaching-learning processes to produce competent and skilled engineers ready to meet global challenges. It has 9 academic departments: Computer Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Mechatronics Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Civil Engineering, General Engineering and Management. The college offers BE, ME, PGDM and PhD programmes.
TEC-NM is located at Railway Station, Plot No. 12, Sector-22, Opp. Nerul, Phase 2, Nerul West, Navi Mumbai. New Mumbai International Airport is the closest airport to the college, located about 17.4 km away. Closest railway station to the college is Nerul Railway Station, located at just 800 metres away. Closest bus station to the college is Nerul Bus Depot located about 3.5 km away.
TEC-NM has NBA accreditation.
TEC-NM has collaborated with the following institutions:
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- Student Council- Student Council often serves to engage students in learning about democracy, leadership and helps to share students’ ideas, interests, and concerns with Staff. The objectives of the Student Council are to nurture the level of cultural and cognitive awareness among the students of the college, encourage the ideas of students.
- Academic Affairs Committee- This Committee takes care of all the academics related matters. All the academic grievances, complaints, discrepancies are handled by them.
- Time Table Committee- This Committee designs time tables for all the sections of all the batches. It is the one which decides what time slot will be allotted to which faculty member and in which section of which batch.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)- IQAC ensures that the quality of services at the college never degrade. They monitor the progress of the quality of services and work towards the betterment of the services.
- Examination Committee- Examination Committee does all the exam-related duties like collecting the question papers from the faculties, framing the seat allotment during exams, keep the students in discipline in exams etc.
- UG Admissions Committee- This Committee handles all the UG admission duties. Right from issuing the admission notice to finalising the admission, they do everything for UG admissions.
- PG Admissions Committee- This Committee handles all the PG admission duties. Right from issuing the admission notice to finalising the admission, they do everything for PG admissions.
- R&D Policies and Monitoring Committee- This Committee frames the policies for R&D at the college. It keeps updating the policies. It also monitors the R&D work going on in the research area and keep a close eye on the research progress.
- Student Competitions and Participation Committee- This Committee monitors students’ participation in corporate competitions. It keeps a close check on the projects and product developments made by students. It also provides certifications to students for their participation in these competitions.
- Industry Institute Partnership Committee- This Committee works towards facilitating as many industry-institute partnerships as they can. It keeps in touch with the industry personnel to develop relationships between the college and the industry.
- Training and Placement Committee- This Committee works towards getting as many students as they can to be placed at companies and institutions. They arrange interviews for the students and guide them through the selection process for internships and jobs.
- Entrepreneurship Cell- This Cell works towards spreading awareness about entrepreneurship as a career. To achieve this, it organises workshops for students, so that they can gain much knowledge about the subject. They also run the incubation programme and support ecosystem.
- Social Media and College Website Committee- This Committee maintains the social media pages and the official website of the college. It keeps updating the pages and website accordingly.
- Sports Committee- This Committee frames policies for student participation in sports. They provide and maintain sports facilities and amenities at the college. They also organise sports competitions and annual sports activities at the college.
- College Magazine Committee- This Committee is responsible for all the activities related to the college magazine. They scrutinize, edit and finalise the content to be published in the college magazine.
- Photography Forum- This Committee has all the best photographers of the college. It is the official photography and videography committee of the college. They capture and record all the official events of the college.
- TEDx Committee- This Committee is responsible for organising all the TEDx events at the college. They invite eminent speakers to speak at the TEDx events at the college.
- Anti-Ragging Committee- This Committee works towards preventing any ragging incident at the college. It makes students aware of the no ragging policy of the college. It also makes sure to be aware of any ragging incident happening at the college.
- Industry Institute Partnership Centre- The Cell aims to strengthen linkages with the industry and research organizations in and around Mumbai. The objective is to gear up the students for employment in companies, by exposing them to the state-of-art technologies in industries, during the short semester breaks. IIPC Cell continuously works to enhance the engagement with Industry through regular activities.
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
Terna Public Charitable Trust's Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai Admission Process:
Terna Public Charitable Trust's Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Admission will be done on the basis of the All India Level Entrance Examination and state level entrance examination. The detailed admission process is given below:
- Candidate needs to appear for MHT-CET or JEE (Main) Paper 1.
- Then, the candidates need to register by filling the online application form for following engineering admissions:
- a. All category Centralised Admission Process (CAP) seats.
- b. Institutional Quota seats.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the CAP counselling process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidate needs to appear for GATE Entrance Exam.
- Then, candidates need to register themselves at the DTE, Maharashtra website.
- Candidates then need to appear for Centralised Admission Process (CAP) counselling conducted by DTE, Maharashtra.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the GATE merit score.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidates need to appear for GMAT/CMAT/CAT/MAT/XAT/Written Test at the college. Candidates from Armed forces [fulfilling GOI reservation norms] will be exempted from the Written Test at the college.
- Short-listed candidates will be called for a Personal Interview.
- Candidates who clear the Personal Interview round will be offered admission.
- Candidates need to apply for admission online at the college website.
- Shortlisted candidates need to prepare a short research proposal and give a presentation in front of an Interview panel.
- The interview panel will finalise candidates for admission.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Terna Public Charitable Trust's Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai has adequate infrastructural facilities for the students and faculty such as auditorium to conduct events, separate hostels for boys and girls, sports facilities, computer centre to provide practical knowledge to the students, cafeteria to serve food to the students. Various other facilities like incubation centre, IIT remote centre, wi-fi, etc are also available for them.
- Auditorium- The college has a state-of-art centrally air-conditioned auditorium with a seating capacity of more than 450, equipped with all the modern facilities required for E-learning through the latest technology.
- Hostel- The college has separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostel rooms are Well Lighted, Ventilated, Aesthetic, Self-contained, Morbonet flooring, Solar heater, 24 hours Warm water, Recreational facilities, Canteen attachment and Guest Room.
- Sports- The college has playgrounds and courts for all the major sports like basketball, volleyball, football, tennis. The college also has indoor sports and games facilities.
- Incubation Centre- The college has an incubation centre for promoting the budding entrepreneurs in the college. It provides the facilities to help them build a future in entrepreneurship.
- Engineering Product Innovation Centre (EPIC)- At EPIC, all members of the TEC community can learn the skills necessary to design and build their own ideas, gain invaluable hands-on experience in design, prototyping, and project development as an integral part of strong overall engineering education.
- Computer Centre- The computer centra at the college provides facilities like high-performance computing, institute Local Area Network covering the area, providing facilities to the students for mini project work and summer training. Students visit the labs for their general and routine computing tasks. Many departments use the facilities of the Computer Lab to conduct their practical classes & examinations.
- IIT Remote Centre- TEC is an authorized IIT Remote centre for various courses conducted by IIT to offer high-quality training/orientation programmes for teachers. IIT Remote Center acts as the intermediary between IIT Bombay and the participating teachers during the workshop.
- Cafeteria- The institute has its own spacious and airy cafeteria that serves a variety of dishes from local cuisines, South Indian and North Indian cuisines. The campus also has dedicated counters from companies like Nescafe and Amul.
- Texas Instruments Innovation Centre- Texas Instruments University program at the Texas Instruments Innovation Centre is aimed at establishing a collaborative bridge between corporate and colleges with the objective of making students in the Engineering Colleges have a greater hands-on experience in technologies related to Embedded systems, Ultra-Low Power Applications, Analog System Design, Internet of Things (IoT).
I experienced best days of my Life in this college.
Best college for Engineering in Navi Mumbai
Life in Terna...
Terna Engineering college
Last Seen: 06 Jul' 20
Joined On: 06 Jul' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
- BE Computer Engineering
Terna Public Charitable Trust's Terna Engineering College, Navi Mumbai Plot No. 12, Sector-22, Opp. Nerul Railway Station, Phase-II, Nerul (W), Navi Mumbai - 400706, Maharashtra
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: