Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh was established after the Legislature of Himachal Pradesh passed Chitkara University (Establishment and Regulation) Act (Act No. 2 of 2009) in the year 2008-09. The university is also known as Chitkara University, Himachal. The university is a member of the esteemed Association of Indian Universities and is recognised by the University Grants Commission as per the Sections 2(f) and 22(1) of the UGC Act, 1956. Chitkara University, Himachal is spread over 17 acres of land. Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students through School of Engineering & Technology, School of Hospitality Management, College of Nursing, School of Computer Applications, School of Business Studies and School of Pharmacy.
Chitkara University is located at Atal Shiksha Kunj, Pinjore-Nalagarh National Highway (NH-21A), Kalujhinda, Distt, Baddi. The nearest railway station Kharar Railway Station is around 10 km away from the university. Chandigarh International Airport is around 47 km away and Container Corp Depot Baddi is around 12 km away from Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
The university has the following collaborations:
- COWORKING, Delhi
- Jaarvis, Hong Kong
- Quick Heal Academic
- Texas Instruments
- Schneider Electric
- Fuji Electric
- Ashok Levland
- Mitsubishi Electric
- BSE Institute Limited
- ACCA Think Ahead
- Bajaj Aillianz
- Futures First
- Future Group
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Mystics: This club focuses on the practical application of Electronics and Communication Engineering and have zealous members willing to do things differently.
- 3C-TECH: This is the coding club of Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh that helps to enhance the algorithmic skills of the students and organises various coding events and competitions for the potential coders.
- Civengs: This Club is for the civil engineering students and focuses on discoveries or inventions in the world of Civil Engineering by promoting new and innovative ideas presented to management by the students.
- Math Pirates: This is the mathematics club of Chitkara University that promotes mathematical knowledge through quantitative aptitude, elaboration of the ‘what’, the ‘why’ and ‘how’ of quantitative aptitude, introduction to and scope of Vedic Mathematics, etc.
- CUT-C: This club is for the theatre enthusiasts and consists of actors and performers. It organises events like street plays, stage plays etc.
- STACCATOS: This is the dance and modelling club of Chitkara University Himachal and they mesmerise the audiences by showcasing their dancing talent.
- SUFY: Stand UP for Yourself is the literary club that works to develop student’s aptitude towards literary activities and nurture literary talent and enhances their literary creativity.
- PIC IT!: This Club of Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh has buzzing photographers who showcase their photography talent and capture captivating moments and also organises an exhibition of photos.
- Euphony: This Club has music lovers who are passionate about music and showcase their musical talents to the audiences through individual as well as chorus performances.
- CU Arcs: This club provides an opportunity for the students to be a part of a wide range of recreational and competitive programs that will help in sound lifelong leisure values and enhancement of skills
- Hostel Committee: This Committee of Chitkara University ensures that hostellers have a hassle-free living and experience a pleasant hostel life and creates a positive environment.
This College is accredited by NAAC B (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 24 May 2021 and the score is 2.71 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses to the students through School of Engineering & Technology, School of Hospitality Management, College of Nursing, School of Computer Applications, School of Business Studies and School of Pharmacy. Admission to Hospitality & Hotel Administration/BBA/BCA/Integrated BCA-MCA/B.Sc Nursing will be based on an interview. Chitkara University, Himachal offers admission to B.Tech/B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Course on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by the National Testing Agency. University level document verification and fee payment is the final stage of the admission process. The detailed admission procedure of all the courses offered by Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh is given below:
Hospitality & Hotel Administration/BBA/BCA/Integrated BCA-MCA/B.Sc Nursing
- Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria have to apply online on the website of Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh.
- Candidates will be called for an interview and they have to qualify it.
- Candidates clearing the interview will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be based on the performance in the personal interview, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
B.Tech/B.Tech-M.Tech Integrated Course
- Candidates have to apply and appear for Joint Entrance Examination (Main) conducted by the National Testing Agency.
- Candidates have to fill an online application form which will be available on the website of Chitara University.
- Admission will be based on the rank secured in JEE-Main.
- The final stage of admission includes university-level counselling, document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be given to on the basis JEE Main, university-level counselling, document verification and fee payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh has adequate infrastructure like a hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, mess, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. The sports facilities provided by the college helps them in remaining fit physically and mentally. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
- Library: Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers.
- Sports: The university, Jaipur provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
- Hostel: The institute provides hostel facilities to the students and has separate hostels for girls and boys. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, etc.
- Cafeteria: The university has a cafeteria for boys and girls that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students and caters to the food requirement of the students.
- Transportation: Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
- Laboratories: The university has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
- Medical Facilities: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a medical centre that provides medical facilities to the students.
Chitkara University has good infrastructure and academics
My Chitkara Experience Journey
Good campus specialy the environment .
Last Seen: 14 Apr' 20
Joined On: 14 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Hospitality and Tourism
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
- B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration
Last Seen: 31 Mar' 20
Joined On: 31 Mar' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BE Civil Engineering
Last Seen: 30 Mar' 20
Joined On: 30 Mar' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- BE Civil Engineering
Questions related to Chitkara University, Himachal Pradesh
How much marks required to get pec in chemical engineering
Hey Ishu Tiwari,
To get admission in Punjab engineering college you rank in the entrance exam must be below 20,000. This college is a deemed university. It is rated ad AAA by Careers360. It means this college is a good college but not that good. For more details go through the following website link,
All the best!
Is chitkara university good for hotel management ?
Chitkara University is quite good for Hotel Management degree. The highest package is Rs.17 LPA and average package is Rs.4-8 LPA.
Thank you and best of luck.
I get 56 marks in main & rank is 214536. Can i get admission
Which companyies will came to this college
University compare kaziranga university or chitkara university hp which is better?
If you can update on which course you are interested to do, the we can provide you with the best option among the two.
Looking forward to help you out!
Hospitality education in the country is fraught with many challenges in its evolution path, says Prof. Madhu Chitkara, Vice Chancellor, Chitkara University
It is believed that education is a vehicle for social and economic transfor....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 24 May 2021 ; CGPA : 2.71