- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Dental Sciences program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned offered by Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences, Guwahati.
- Candidates seeking admission to the Ph.D. program shall have a Master's degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master's degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade 'B' in
- the UGC 7 -point scale in the disciplines as mentioned in Clause 1.5. The criteria of 55% marks as above shall not be applicable for those Post-Graduate degree holders in whose case grades/marks were not issued by the concerned University.
- A relaxation of 5% of marks, from 55% to 50% or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of UGC (University Grants Commission) from time to time. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedure.
- Candidates awarded DNB (Diplomate of National Board) are also eligible for pursuing the Ph.D. program.
- Candidates with M.Sc. in the medical faculty of Anatomy/Physiology/Biochemistry/ Microbiology/Pharmacology from a recognized Institute are also eligible.
- Candidates with a Master's degree in non-medical subjects having no relevance with AlliedHealth Sciences disciplines shall not be eligible for Ph.D. Programme under SSUHS.
- SSUHS, before registering a candidate for the Ph.D. program, shall have the right to determine the recognition status and equivalence of the degree of the candidate.