Usha Martin University was established in the year 2012 vide Usha Martin University, Jharkhand Act 2012. The university is also known as UMU. Usha Martin University is recognised by the University Grants Commission under Sec. 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 as a self-financing Private University and it has also been granted the membership of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). UMU is approved by the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) and Bar Council of India (BCI) and it is a self-financing State Private University. UMU courses are offered at the diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate level and doctoral level.
Usha Martin University is located at Block Office, At Village Narayansoso, Ranchi - Purulia Road, near Angara, Highway, Angara in Jharkhand. Muri Junction Railway Station is around 2 km away from the university. Ichag bus Depot is approximately 18 km away from Usha Martin University. Birsa Munda Airport, Ranchi is around 66 km away from the varsity.
Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
According to the UMU admission process for all the courses except for B.Tech and Diploma Mining is based on the merit of the qualifying examination that aggregate marks in +2 shall be the basis of admission for UG course and the marks secured in graduation shall be taken into consideration for UMU PG admissions. UMU admission to B.Tech and Diploma Mining is based on the entrance test conducted by the Usha Martin University. For Diploma in Mining admission state level entrance exam is also accepted. UMU PhD admission is based on marks obtained in the entrance exam and performance in the interview. Candidates wishing to know the step by step UMU admission process can read the article further:
UMU Admission Process for all the courses except for B.Tech and Diploma Mining
- Candidates have to download the application form and submit the completely filled form along with all the required documents on the website of Usha Martin University.
- UMU admission shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that aggregate marks in +2 shall be the basis of admission for UG course and the marks secured in graduation shall be taken into consideration for UMU PG admissions.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination and a merit list will be published for this and such candidates whose names appear in the merit list shall be eligible for the further UMU admission procedure.
- Further, candidates have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee in order to confirm their admission.
- Thus, the final admission of the candidates will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam, university-level document verification and fee payment.
UMU Admission Procedure for B.Tech and Diploma in Mining
- For UMU admissions, candidates have to first submit an online application along with all the required documents on the website of Usha Martin University.
- Candidates have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the Usha Martin University.
- For UMU admission to Diploma and B.Tech (Mining), scores of the state-level entrance exam are also accepted.
- Aspirants have to qualify the entrance exam and such candidates will be shortlisted for being a part of the further UMU admission procedure.
- Shortlisted candidates move to the final stage of the UMU admission process that comprises of university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final selection of the students will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance test, participation in the university-level document verification and fee payment.
UMU PhD Admission
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria of UMU admission to PhD programmes have to submit the application form along with all the necessary documents.
- Applicants have to appear and qualify the entrance examination for UMU admission procedure.
- Candidates who have passed UGC (JRF) Examinations/UGC-NET/SET/SLET or have M. Phil degree are exempted from the entrance.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam and qualifying candidates have to appear for the interview and qualify it.
- PhD aspirants qualifying interview to have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
UMU facilities are provided so that the students have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life and it also helps in the smooth functioning of the university. The cafeteria provides nutritious and healthy meals, snacks, beverages, etc to the students. The university provides accommodation facilities to the students and has hostels with a homely environment for the comfortable stay of the students of the varsity. The labs of Usha Martin University, Ranchi is well equipped with all the latest instruments helping in carrying out the practical sessions. Candidates desirous to know more about the UMU facilities can read the article further:
Hostel - The university provides accommodation facilities to the students for a comfortable stay. UMU has a safe and secured hostel for the outstation students and the hostel has all the essential facilities to the students.
Sports - UMU provides sports facilities to the students and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Transportation - The university provides transportation facilities to the students so that they can trave conveniently and it has its own fleet of buses that provides pick and drop facility to the students at a subsidised rate.
Cafeteria - The cafeteria is hygienically maintained and it provides a variety of snacks and drinks to the members of Usha Martin University, Ranchi at a subsidised rate.
Computing Facilities - The university has a Computer Lab that majorly functions to fulfil all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty and also provides internet facilities to them.
- Laboratories - UMU has modern laboratories equipped with the latest equipment and instrument that helps the students to carry out their practice sessions and it also helps them in their research.
Questions related to Usha Martin University, Ranchi
What is the procedure for admission in MBA at UMU Ranchi.
Hello g m i want to take admission in b pharma from usha Martin collage.. how to take admission?
Hi Raushan Kumar ,
The admission programme for 2020 is now open at the Usha Martin University , Ranchi for all Programmes, for B Pharma which is Bachelor of Pharmacy which is a four year undergraduate course
You may apply to the B Pharma at Usha Martin University by visiting this link :
If you need to know anything else about Usha Martin University you may visit : https://www.careers360.com/university/usha-martin-university-ranchi
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: