About Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad is an autonomous college established in 1978 by Loyola Academy (LA). The LA is managed and administered by the Andhra Jesuit Province, which belongs to the Society of Jesus, an international Catholic Religious Order. This is an autonomous college, affiliated to Osmania University. The college offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Arts, Commerce and science. The article further mentions the details about the admission process, infrastructure and academic facilities.
Location: Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad is located at Alwal Road, Manjeera Colony, Spring Fields Colony, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad, Telangana. Secunderabad Junction is the nearest junction to the College and Jeedimetla Bus Depot is about 7 km away from the College. Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is about 42 km away from the College.
Accreditation: Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad is accredited by the NAAC.
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College clubs and committees:
- Dance and Dramatics Club: This club of Loyola Academy helps students explore themselves, thinking out of the box and to overcome stage fear by conducting interactive sessions.
- GK Club: Gk Club regularly conducts presentation sessions and informs students about the current affairs.
- Literary and Book Club: The club fosters a love for the language and enhances literary creativity and provides an avenue for self-expression beyond the curriculum.
- Magic Youth Club: In this club, students are trained to experience the fundamentals of Life requirements and feel united in the diversity of situations.
- Drawing and Painting Club (Art Club): In this club, students explore the elements of visual arts, and learn the way artist’s work. This reflects the perceptions of the real and imagined environment.
- Debate and Elocution Club: To make students think over issues of society, country and humanity; and put raise their voice for the better community. The club provides a significant training ground for students to develop their communication abilities.
- Consumer Awareness Club: The club spreads awareness and realisation about rights and responsibilities as consumers.
- Music Club: The Club train students with the basics of singing and encourage them to take part in musical activities.
- Photography Club: The Club promotes interest in photography as an art form, which is accessible to all. The club welcomes student members to enjoy photography at all experience levels, amateur and professional.
- ED Club: Entrepreneurship Development Club is formed to inculcate entrepreneurial culture among students. The club equips students with the skills, techniques and confidence to act as torch-bearers of the enterprise.
- National Service Scheme: The NSS units of the College organise the various programmes, which inculcate the feelings of empathy and self-extension among students. The units also promote the values of communal harmony, patriotism and national integration among students.
- NCC: NCC Cadet Crop of the College organises and trains youth and provides leadership in all walks of life including the Armed and Navy forces. It also creates a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the armed forces.
- Capability Enhancement cell: The cell of Loyola Academy facilitates academic, emotional, social and cognitive development of the student and empowers them in their learning and personal development.
- Alumni Association: Alumni association meets once in a year. Alumni who are working in different companies and organisations regularly inform the College about the new initiatives, training and requirements of the companies.
- Grievance Redressal Mechanism: The grievance redressal cell of the Loyola Academy Degree and PG College addresses any grievances raised by students related to general administration, examination/evaluation and any other problems related to day to day functioning.
- Women Cell: WC of the Loyola Academy Degree and PG College provides and maintain a dignified congenial working environment for women employees, this includes teaching, non-teaching, and contractual workers and students where they can work, study and explore their potential to the fullest.
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Highlights
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Courses & Fees
Browse by Degree
Browse by Courses
- Seats: 120 Seats
- Seats: 60 Seats
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Admissions 2021
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses in art, commerce, science and management. At the undergraduate level, the college offers B.A, B.Com, B.Sc, and BBA. At PG level institute offers M.Sc, MBA and MCA. The admission to the courses is based on the merit of the qualifying exams. The aspirants of the undergraduate courses have to submit their application online through the College website. The admission committee shortlists the application form and merit list is published. As per the merit list, the College sends the interview letter to the students. Students who appear and score well in the interview get selected for the respective programmes they have applied for. For postgraduate admission, candidates have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the state government of Telangana. The detailed application process for various courses offer by the Loyola Academy Degree and PG College is given further, which guides you in application submission.
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Placements
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
Management and Business Administration (MBA)
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Student Reviews
My experience is overall good.
Last Seen: 01 Jan' 21
Joined On: 01 Jan' 21
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of 2022
- BA-Psychology, English and Journalism
The right college for you.
Last Seen: 21 Apr' 20
Joined On: 16 Apr' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Class 12
- Batch of 2017
Best days in my life
Last Seen: 16 Sep' 16
Joined On: 16 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of 2015
- BA-Psychology, English and Journalism
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Facilities
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
- Alumni Associations
- Guest Room
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Gallery
Questions related to Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad
what are placement opportunities in Loyola Academy for bba students and what is its admission process ??
Loyola College is one of the best college for a BBA course and it also offers placement with average 4-6 LPA every year.
You can apply for admission after completion of your 12th.Since there is no entrance exam, Intakes of students in this course is based on various factors like 12th board marks, financial status ( generally economically weaker students with good marls are preferred) and finally interview is also conducted based final list is peppered.
I hope this helps.
Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
The Loyola Boys' hostel provides accommodation for 115 students.
The college has girl's hostel facility which provides good hostel accommodation for the students.
A Medical Doctor is available for consultation and general medical checkup at the doctor’s room (Room No.208, Inigo Block) on weekdays from 12.00-1.30 p.m. Consultation is free for staff and students.
The college has Gym facility for the students.
The college has the library facility for all students having 38,000+ titles, 250 added every month, 10,000+ sft of space.
The college has the sports facilities for all students.
The college has excellent IT Infrastructure facility for the students, College having 60 systems.
The college has a canteen facility for staff and students.
The college has an auditorium facility for events and seminar.
The college has a good networking for the alumni association.
The college has a Wi-Fi facility for the students and staff.
The college has departmental based laboratories facility for the students.
The college has guest house/waiting room facilities for visiting faculty and student family members.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 14 Nov 2024 ; CGPA : 3.2