Hostel Fees Includes in the Course Fees
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 3.5 Years
B.Sc. Dental Operating Room Assistant Student should be competent to become partners in oral health:
- To assist a dental surgeons in the maintenance of dental clinics.
- To assist dental surgeon in sterilization.
- To enhance the efficiency of the dental surgeon by handling required instruments.
- To handle various dental materials and medications as required.
- To be able to aid in the functioning and data maintenance of a dental clinic.
- To assist a dental surgeon in recognizing dental emergencies in absence of a dental surgeon.
- To assist the dental surgeon in explaining post-operative instructions after extraction, surgeries, restoration & dental insertion.
Admission will be made entirely on basis of performance of candidates at Entrance Examination to be conducted in AIIMS Rishikesh.
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- Is an Indian citizen.
- Has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on the 31st of December of the year of admission (2018). [Candidate born or after 2nd January 2002 are NOT eligible to apply.]
- Should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology or Mathematics.
- Has a minimum aggregate marks required in qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent: 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate in English, Physics, Chemistry and either Biology OR Mathematics.
- Candidates who are to appear in a 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination in March/April 2018 and whose results are likely to be declared before 30th June are also eligible to apply for B.Sc. Optometry, B.Sc. Medical Technology in Radiography, B.Sc. Dental Assistant, B.Sc. Dental Hygienist, B.Sc. Operation Theatre Technology, B.Sc. Nuclear Medicine, B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy, B.Sc. PFT Technician, B.Sc. Bronchoscopy Technician and B.Sc. Sleep Lab Technician Courses.
- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting the result, can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at the time of admission, failing which their candidature will be canceled.
- The candidate must have: Passed 12th class under 10+2 system of education or an equivalent examination from a recognized Board/University. (Those who have passed 10+1 on or before 1986 are also eligible.)