Hostel Fees Included in Course Fees.
|25 Nov, 2018||Result| Mode: online|
|25 Oct, 2018||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|01 Oct, 2018||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 1 Year
Diploma in Plaster Technician: Orthopaedic technologist is a specialized physician extender who is an expert in casting and splinting immobilization techniques. Orthopaedic technologists work under the direct supervision of an orthopaedic surgeon to manage the care of an orthopaedic patient in the clinic and sometimes perform as the first assistant in an operating suite. Typical functions of an orthopaedic technologist include the following:
- Application and removal of all types of casts and splints.
- Assist with history and physical assessment.
- Assist with fracture and dislocation reduction.
- Wound closure and care
- Patient education and follow-up care.
- Assist in the operating suite.
Admission will be made entirely on the basis of performance of candidates at Entrance Examination to be conducted in AIIMS Rishikesh.
A candidate is eligible to appear in Entrance Examination if he/she:
- Is an Indian citizen.
- Has attained or will attain the age of 17 (seventeen) years as on 31st of December of a year of admission (2019)should have passed 10th Standard from Hindi or English Medium.
- Has a minimum aggregate mark required in qualifying examination i.e. 10th standard: 50% for Gen / OBC (45% in case of SCs / STs Categories) in aggregate.
- Candidates who are to appear in qualifying examination whose results are likely to be declared before 31st December are also eligible to apply for Diploma in Plaster Technician Course.
- Candidates who are due to appear at the qualifying examination, or have already appeared and are awaiting result, can also apply for admission. But such candidates must furnish proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite percentage of marks and subjects at time of admission, failing which their candidature will be canceled.