K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon was established under the Haryana Private Universities Act in the year 2013. The university is also known as KRMU. The university spreads over 26 acres of land. KRMU is recognised by the University Grants Commission under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956. The university is approved by the Haryana Government, Council of Architecture (COA), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Bar Council of India (BCI) and it is a member of the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and Association of Common Wealth Universities (ACU). KRMU offers various courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level through its School of Architecture & Planning, School of Engineering & Technology, School of Humanities, School of Education, School of Basic & Applied Sciences, School of Journalism & Mass Communication, School of Hotel Management & Catering Technology, School of Medical & Allied Sciences, School of Fashion, School of Agricultural Sciences, School of Management & Commerce and School of Legal Studies.
K.R. Mangalam University is located at Sohna Road, Gurugram in Haryana. Gurgaon Railway Station is at a distance of 29 km from the university. Indira Gandhi International Airport is approximately 41 km away from KRMU. Sector 55-56 Metro Station is nearest to the university and it is around 25 km away. Sohna Bus Depot is 3 km away from the varsity and it takes about 5 minutes to reach KRMU from the bus depot.
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Rhetorica - This is the Literary Society that nurtures the literary talent and organizes various essay writing, debates, quiz, story writing, and extempore for the students.
- Photography Club (KRMU KLICKS) - This Club has budding photographers and they capture captivating moments and covers all the events conducted at the university.
- Cultural Society - This Society conducts various drama, dance, singing, dance competition for the students and is responsible for organising the Annual Fest at the varsity.
- Management Society - KRMU gives an in-depth knowledge about the various HR/Management policies entrepreneurship and basics of management.
- Health Society - This Society focuses on healthcare and provides training to the students in using health instruments like checking BP, Blood Sugar and organising healthcare camps.
- Computer Society - This Society of K.R. Mangalam University gives an exposure to the students in computer and using the word, excel, etc and also guides them in making presentations.
- Architecture Society - This Society has students who are creative and interested in architecture and they are engaged in activities such as painting, clay modelling, drawing, etc.
- Legal Society - The Legal Society of the university spreads legal awareness and spreads knowledge about various legal policies.
- Electronics Society - This Society provides knowledge about electronics to non-science students.
- E Yantra - The Robotics Society spreads awareness and trains students in robotics and provides a platform for the students to showcase their technical intellect in the field of robotics.
- Automotive Society - This Society of K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon helps the student to learn more about automobiles.
- Science Society - This Society of KRMU is also known as Dr Abdul Kalam Society that help students gain knowledge in the field of science and organise various events related to science.
- Chetna - This is the Self Development Society that focuses on the overall personality development of the students and organises various lectures and seminars on self Development.
Exams and Cutoffs
K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon offers various courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. Admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes is based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam conducted by KRMU for K.R. Mangalam University admission. Admission to the PhD programme is based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test, performance in the interview. Candidates wanting to know the step by step KRMU admission process can go through the article further:
KRMU admission process for Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes
Candidates aspiring to take admission to the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by KRMU have to fulfil the eligibility criteria for the programme they wish to pursue and then submit an online application on the website of the university.
Applicants have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by the university for various programmes.
UPSEE/UGAT/CAT/ MAT/SAT/GMAT/ENAT/EMAT/JEE Main scores are also accepted for admission to the relevant programmes.
Candidates qualifying the entrance examination will be shortlisted and only the shortlisted aspirants are eligible to be a part of the further selection process.
Shortlisted candidates have to participate in the university level counselling process for document verification and fee payment and it is mandatory to complete this procedure in order to confirm their admission.
Final selection of the candidates shall be based on marks secured in the entrance exam, participation in the university level counselling process for document verification and fee payment.
KRMU Admission process for PhD programme
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria of K.R. Mangalam University admission to PhD programmes have to submit the application form along with all the necessary documents.
Applicants have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university.
Candidates who have qualified NET, SLET, GATE, MPAT, M Phil. or equivalent qualification are exempted from the entrance.
Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam and qualifying candidates have to appear for the interview and qualify it.
Candidates qualifying interview to have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment.
Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon has adequate facilities for the students so that they have a better learning experience at the university. Sports is promoted at the university and there is a fitness centre that takes care of the fitness of the students. The canteen provides a variety of food options and apart from this CCD is also present where students can hang around with their friends and enjoy the food and beverages. The labs of KRMU are advanced and has the latest equipment that is used in the practical sessions. Students are provided with medicare and assistance in case of a medical requirement. Candidates willing to know more about the infrastructure and facilities provided by the university can refer to the next part of the article.
- Sports - KRMU provides sports facilities to the students and it has a fitness centre as well for conducting classes in Aerobics, Pump and Tone and Cardio Combat and maintaining their physical and mental wellness.
- Canteen - K.R. Mangalam University, Gurgaon has a hygienically maintained food outlet that provides healthy and nutritious food as well as beverages at a subsidised rate. Apart from this, Café Coffee Day is also present within the premises of the varsity that provides snacks, munchies, beverages, dessert, etc.
- Library - The library of the institute is sacred to the book lovers and has a good collection of books and reading materials.
- Laboratories - The university has well-designed laboratories that help the students to carry out practical experiments and gain practical exposure apart from theoretical knowledge.
- Medical Facilities - The college provides medical care to the students in case of medical emergencies and there is a separate medical room providing the medical facility.
- Hostel - The college provides safe and secured accommodation to the girls and boys and facilities such as T.V, mess, wi-fi, etc can be availed at the hostels.
Best for mascom
Last Seen: 13 May' 20
Joined On: 13 May' 20
Education Interest: Media, Mass Comm. and Journalism
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
Great college and good placements
REVIEW ABOUT K.R. MANGALAM UNIVERSITY
Life at K R Mangalm University is different
Last Seen: 08 Sep' 16
Joined On: 08 Sep' 16
Education Interest: n/a
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2019
- BBA LLB Hons
KRMU has announced admissions for academic year 2019 for the undergraduate ....
K.R. Mangalam University Commences B.Tech Admission 2019 - K.R. Mangalam Un....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: