North Orissa University (NOU), Baripada was established in the year 1998 by the Government of Orissa, under Section 32 of the Odisha University Act, 1989. The campus spreads over 98.84 acres of land. NOU is recognised by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC). The university offers postgraduate (MA, M.Sc.), integrated (B.Ed-M.Ed) and research (M.Phil, Pre Ph.D.) courses in various areas.
NOU is located at Sri Ram Chandra Vihar, Takatpur, Mayurbhanj, Baripada, Odisha. Balasore Railway Station is 55.6 km away and Baripada Bus Stand is 5 km away from the university. Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport is 239 km away and it will take around 5 hours to reach the university. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach North Orissa University, Baripada.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- NOU is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
- The Athletics Clubs: The members of this club conducts competitions in the field of sports and games for the students such as basketball competition, football competition, cricket competition, etc at the national and international levels.
- Cultural Club: NOU has a cultural club that organises various events like dance, yoga, music, etc. Students can participate in events and competitions.
North Orissa University, Baripada Admission Process:
North Orissa University, Baripada offers admission to the postgraduate, integrated and research courses. Admission to the postgraduate and integrated courses will be done through the combined performance in past academic sessions and an entrance examination conducted by the university. While for admission to the research courses aspirants have to appear for an entrance test followed by an interview conducted by the university. The detailed admission procedure of NOU is given below:
For Postgraduate Courses and Integrated B.Ed-M.Ed Course:
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree in the relevant field from a recognised institute or university.
- Eligible candidates should fill an online application form on the website of NOU.
- Aspirants have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the university.
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the combined performance in the academic tests (50%) and an entrance test (50%).
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
For Research Courses (M.Phil, Pre Ph.D.):
- Candidates should fill an application form on the website of the NOU.
- Aspirants have to appear for an entrance test followed by an interview conducted by the university.
- UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE/SLET test qualified candidates are exempted from an entrance test.
- Final admission will be done after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
Computer Application and IT (M.C.A.)
North Orissa University, Baripada provides various infrastructural facilities to the students and faculty such as a library with a collection of books, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, canteen to serve food to the students, separate hostels for boys and girls, medical facilities to cater to the medical needs of the students, computer laboratories. Various other facilities like wi-fi, classrooms, banking, etc are also available for them.
- Library: The library of the institute is sacred to the book lovers and they happily spend their free time at the library and enjoy reading the rich collection of books available there.
- Sports: NOU provides indoor and outdoor sports facilities to the students and faculty such as basketball, football, badminton, carrom, table tennis, etc.
- Canteen: The university caters to the food requirement of its members and for this, it has a hygienically maintained canteen that provides healthy and nutritious snacks and meals to the members of the institute at an affordable cost.
- Medical Facilities: The university provides medical facilities to the students and faculty for an emergency or an illness.
- Hostels: NOU provides safe and secured accommodation to the students. Students can avail various facilities such as T.V, mess, wi-fi, etc provided by the hostels.
- Computer Laboratories: NOU has modern computer laboratories with the latest equipment and instrument that helps the students to carry out their practice sessions.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 08 Jun 2022 ; CGPA : 2.56