Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai was established by the by the Shikshana Prasaraka Mandali, Pune in the year 1937. The institute is also known as Ruia College Mumbai. The college has been recognised as DDU Kaushal Kendra and is the only college in Mumbai that enjoys this privilege. The institution is the first institute to be run by a private management educational body. Ruia College Mumbai is a constituent college of University of Mumbai. The institute has been recognised by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is College with Potential for Excellence (CPE). Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes to the students.
Ramnarain Ruia College is located at L. Nappo Road, Dadar East, Matunga, Mumbai in Maharashtra. Matunga Railway Station is around 1 km away from the college. Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is approximately 10 km away and Wadala Bus Station(W) is 1 km away from the college. Students can hire a taxi or take an auto rickshaw to reach there.
Accreditations and Collaborations:
- Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai is accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
The institute has the following collaborations:
- Vigyan Bharati,
- Blue Ribbon Movement
- Stree Mukti Sanghatana.
- Reliance Industries
- Center For American Education
- Narsee Monjee Center for Excellence
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania namely; Harrisburg University
- Westchester University.
- Central Dogma Pvt. Ltd.
- IGATE Global Solutions ltd
- Garware Institute of Career and Education Development
- Veena World
- Yatra Metro X
- Professional Agrotech Pvt. Ltd.
- Blooms Horticulture Consultation and Solutions
- Yaswant Krishi Paryatana Kendra
- Farner City
- Suez Environment India Pvt Ltd
- J. B. Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Cipla Ltd.
- Nichem Solutions
- Unilever (Thailand)
- Unilever Industries (Singapore)
- Cincinnati University (USA)
- Iladevi Herbal & cosmetic products (London)
- University of Turku (Finland)
- University of Charles de Gaulle, AGRAF
- International Research group, Valparaiso University (USA),
- Ontario Universities (Canada)
- Universities in Philadelphia (USA)
Clubs, Committees and Societies:
Student Council: The Student Council maintains and enhances student life in all the relevant aspects such as academic and social areas and represents the student body in all matters. The union acts as a link between the faculty and the students of the college.
National Service Scheme: NSS creates social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
National Cadet Corps: NCC works with an objective to create a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces.
Ruia Global Partnership Cell: This Cell establishes Industry-Institute Partnership/Interaction and organises workshops, conferences and symposia with joint participation.
Career Guidance and Placement Cell: The members of this Cell works to prepare the prospective students for the campus selection programs and helps in the smooth conduction of recruitment drive and also helps them in taking career related decisions.
Alumni Association: The members are involved in interacting and remain connected to the alumni of the institution and gather and update information about them.
Ruia Nature Club: The members of this Club make continuous efforts to conserve and protect the environment and connect with the society and communities at large.
Quiz Club: The Quiz Club of the college that has students having a curious nature who organises and participates in various quizzes.
Ramnarain Ruia college offers admission to various courses including Undergraduate courses, M.Sc and Ph.D. The detailed admission procedure is mentioned below:
- Candidates have to apply online on the college website.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying exam, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of merit, university level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply online on the college website.
- Aspirants have to appear for the common entrance test conducted by the college.
- Candidates qualifying for the entrance test will be shortlisted for admissions.
- Final admission will be based on the marks secured in the entrance test, institute level document verification and fee payment.
- Candidates have to apply online on the website of Mumbai University.
- Candidates have to appear for the common entrance test (PET) conducted by the university.
- Further the candidates have to appear for an interview conducted by the college.
- Based on the marks secured in the entrance test and performance in the interview candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be offered admission on the basis of merit of the entrance test, performance in the interview, institute level document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai has adequate infrastructure like a library which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students to enhance their knowledge and is a perfect place for book lovers.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Language Lab: This lab focuses on the communication skills of the students as English has become a global language.
Ruia Cell for Students with special needs: The college ensures disabled friendly physical infrastructure. They provide special facilities to them for their ease and convenience.
Auditorium: Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai has an auditorium which is used in organising events and activities for the students.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Last Seen: 23 Jun' 20
Joined On: 23 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2022
Overall it is a good college.
College of excellence
Last Seen: 19 Sep' 16
Joined On: 19 Sep' 16
Education Interest: Select
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2017
Good lively environment
Last Seen: 06 Jul' 17
Joined On: 01 Dec' 15
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2014
Questions related to RUIAcollege
Is there only BA(Hons.) in Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai or BA(Prog.) is also available in this college?
The honors are like learning one particular subject in depth and having some side subjects but mainly focusing on your honors subject. But, whereas in BA Pass program you learn a little - little about everything, soo mainly more chances are open for you In BA Programme in comparison to Honours Subject.
The subjects you can study here in this college are BA in Commerce,Economics,Hindi,English,French,History,Political Science,Marathi,Philosophy,Sanskrit,Psychology.
You can see the subjects which you will study in this college year wise by going through this link:-
Hope this will help,please feel free to ask if you have any further queries.
Can I get addmission in BA(Prog.) at Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai with 72% in 12th(PCB) from CBSE ? (Im from OBC and Non-maharastrian.)
The eligibility criteria to get admission in Ramnarain Ruia College, Mumbai in BA is that a candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination from a recognized board or University.There isn't any minimum percentage requirement to get admission.So you are eligible to get admission in this college.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council