Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai was established in the year 1961 by Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM). The institute is also known as Mithibai College. The college is a flagship institute of Shri Vile Parle Kelavani Mandal (SVKM). In the year 2018-19, Mithibai College was granted Autonomous status and it is affiliated to Mumbai University. Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai offers admission in class eleven and twelve along with various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the field of Arts and Commerce.
Mithibai College is located at Bhaktivedanta Swami Marg, Gulmohar Road, Suvarna Nagar, Vile Parle (W), Mumbai in Maharashtra. Vile Parle Railway Station is just a km away from the college. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is the nearest airport to Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai and is approximately 6 km away. Santacruz Depot is around 3 km away from the college and it takes about 12 minutes to reach the institute from the bus depot.
The institute is accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai Admission
Mithibai College offers admission to various undergraduate and postgraduate courses along with admission to class 11 to the student in the field of Arts and Commerce. Admission to all the courses offered by the institute shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 10 for admission to class 11, marks obtained in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation for PG admission. Candidates who fulfil the Mithibai College cutoff requirement are shortlisted for admission. The detailed admission process is given below:
Admission to all programmes
Candidates desirous to take admission to the various courses offered by Mithibai College have to fil in and submit an application form.
Admission shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is marks secured in class 10 for admission to class 11, marks obtained in class 12 for UG programmes and marks of graduation shall be considered for admission to the PG programme.
Mithibai College cutoff list will be released separately for all the courses and candidates have to meet the cutoff requirement of the course in which he/she wants to take admission.
Aspirants meeting the Mithibai College cutoff requirement will be a part of the further admission procedure and they will make a move to the final stage of the admission process that comprises document verification and fee payment.
Fee payment and document verification is a mandatory step for confirmation of admission.
Thus, the final admission of the candidates who are successful in getting admission is based on the merit of the qualifying exam, institute level document verification and fee payment.
UG [3 Years Program(s)]
PG [2 Years Program(s)]
Mithibai College provides all the essential facilities to the students so that they can have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college years. The library has abundant of books, journals, encyclopedia, CDs, etc with wifi and digital video recording camera facilities. The medical need of the students are well-taken cares of and they are provided with medical assistance in medical emergencies. The activity room is a place to gather and exchange information whereas the auditorium is used in organising various events, activities, programmes, seminars, workshops, etc. The details of the facilities of Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai are listed below:
- Library: The library of Mithibai College is centrally air-conditioned and is called Jitendra Library. It has an enriched collection of books, journals, encyclopedia, CDs and other resource material that helps in the academic studies. The library is fully Wi-Fi enable and digital video recording camera facility is also available at the library. Online Databases can be accessed by the readers through Wi-Fi. The library shares its resources under the inter-library loan with other libraries of SVKM.
- Activity Room: An activity room is present within the college campus that is used for co-curricular and extension activities. It is a suitable place to gather and exchange information and develop creative thoughts in young minds.
- Health Services: The College caters to the medical need of its members and has a provision of a Doctor on Campus that takes care of the students in any kind of medical emergency.
- Canteen: The canteen is maintained hygienically and it provides healthy and tasty food and beverages at affordable rates and it is very spacious and hygienically maintained. Apart from this, a Cake Shop is present within the premises of Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institute of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai.
- Gymkhana: The college encourages its students to take part in various sports in order to maintain their physical fitness and have a healthy body and for this, it has a Gymkhana which is ideal for indoor games.
- Auditoriums: Mithibai College has air-conditioned auditoriums - Juhu Jagruti Hall and Mithibai Seminar Hall that are technically well-equipped with acoustics, light and sound facilities and it has a seating capacity approximately 114 students and it is used in organising various events, activities, programmes, seminars, workshops, etc.
- Laboratories: The college has spacious laboratories that are well equipped with the latest apparatus and modern as well as sophisticated equipment that are used during the practical sessions and used for research work.
- Lifts/Ramps: The college takes care of the needs of the special children and has proper arrangements with great precautions for the differently able and persons making the environment friendly and comfortable for them.
Amazing College Life from every possible perspective.
Best commerce college in Mumbai
Last Seen: 16 Jun' 20
Joined On: 16 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
College Life will always seem impossible untill it's done.
Last Seen: 10 Jun' 20
Joined On: 10 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Sciences
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Sc-Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
Last Seen: 03 Jun' 20
Joined On: 03 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2021
Questions related to Mithibai college
mithibai college cutoff for b. com
Hello Garhil, Cutoff marks at mithibai college Mumbai are different based on categories are:
- Gujarati Linguistic Minority : 80
- General : 88.6
- PWD: 72.15
The above all cutoff marks in percentage.
There are various other colleges from there you can persu B.com (//B.com) other than mention college
hope it is helpful for you:)
what is the cut off for mithibai commerce aided for this year
The cutoff for the Commerce in the Mithibai college,mumbai is aided in this year is 70.77 for phase 1,This college is good college,The terms you have to follow after getting admission there but getting admission in that college for outsiders is a bit difficult you should get more score,after getting admission you have atleast 75% attendance the 75% of attendance is mandatory,College not allowed you if you won't satisfy the attendance criteria.
Hope you Understand
Rank these colleges for B.com on the basis of academics, placement and exposure - Mithibai college, Narsee Monjee college of commerce and economics and Kj somaiya college of arts and commerce
Hello Tanmay ,
College are meant for learning and college ranking doesn't make college or teaching good but students make them.So its up to you which college you refer and take admission.
If you are good with academics and everything you can get placements from any of these college easily because you have worked hard for it.
But if you want to to rank me I would just prdect my first preference for colleges.
2.Narsee monjee college of commerce
3.K.J Somaiya college of commerce
Can i get admission in kj somaiya for bms with 88% general category
Eligibility to pursue BMS course in. K. j. Somaiya college, Mumbai , a candidate shall have passed xii STD Examination ci ducted by Maharashtra state board of higher secondary education or ant other recognized as equivalent thereto and should have a ired not less than 60% marks in case of general category and not less than 55% in case of student belonging to the minority category and nit less than 50% in case of reserved admission procedure is based on the merit basis and norms laid by the University.
As you have got 88% which is a good score and if you fulfill other eligibility criteria of the course and college, you will surely get a seat in BMS .
Total Fees for the course in k.j. somaiya college is RS 69,685
And total intake is 144 for the course.
can I get the admission form for bcom degree of mithibai college?
Admission to the UG courses at Mithibai College is done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying exams. Only students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent with not less than 45% marks in aggregate at first attempt are eligible to apply.
Application to Mumbai University can be made in both online and offline mode. Mumbai University charges no fees to apply for Program.
This link of Mumbai university official website. Kindly apply it here.
For more detailed information. Kindly go through this link:
I hope it helps you.
SVKM's Mithibai College of Arts, Chauhan Institue of Science and Amrutben Jivanlal College of Commerce And Economics,Bhaktivedanta Swami Marg, Gulmohar Road, Suvarna Nagar,Vile Parle (W), Mumbai 400 056.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 31 Dec 2023 ; CGPA : 3.57