|23 Apr, 2022||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|15 Nov, 2021||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 4 Years
- Offered by: Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
NMIMS School of Design offers a four-year undergraduate Design program (B.Des.) in Humanising Technology which is AICTE approved. Humanising Technology is the act of design to make technology accessible, usable and delightful to the users.
This program has a generalist two-year foundation, progressing to a focus on designing seamless product experiences with emergent technologies such as the Internet of things (IOT), Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented reality (AR) in the third year and professionalizing the learnings in the fourth year.
The graduated students of B.Des. (Humanising Technology) will be proficient in:
- The program teaches students to face and solve the design challenges in the modern world
- To create designs that will make technology accessible and consumable to the users
- To expose students to multidisciplinary fundamentals like sociology, psychology and business
- To open up numerous career avenues with our future-scoped, transdisciplinary, multi-skilled and industry focused program
Selection Process - (NMIMS – DAT) Selection Process to B.Des. (Humanising Technology) Batch - 2022 is through NMIMS-DAT.
NMIMS-DAT (NMIMS – Design Aptitude Test) comprises of Online Studio Test, Portfolio Review and Online Personal Interview.
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination including International Baccalaureate Diploma (IB certificate / & D.P. awarded candidates are eligible only if they have cleared their IB exam with total of 24 credits compulsory having passed 3 HL & 3 SL mandatorily in any stream from a recognized Board and should have obtained a minimum of 60% aggregate marks.
- Candidates of CBSE, ICSE, should mention in the online registration / e-admission form (if selected) 10+2 or equivalent aggregate marks of all the subjects for which the candidate has taken & appeared for (not best of four, five, six or seven). The candidate shall have passed all the subjects taken & appeared for in the applicable examination/s. The aggregate percentage of all subjects for which the candidate has taken & appeared will be taken into consideration for confirming the eligibility of the candidate for the program at the time of admission
- Candidates above 25 years of age are not eligible to apply.