Application Process: 02 Nov, 2020 - 02 Dec, 2020 (Tentative)
Exam Date: 31 Dec, 2020 (Tentative)
Declaration of Result: 21 Feb, 2021 (Tentative)
From the past few years, fashion design has become more of a necessity. It has come to take over our consciousness to the extent that whatever we buy or wear today should definitely make a fashion statement. As the fashion industry is developing in every aspect, courses related to fashion have also emerged and made its place in the academic field. Today there are many Fashion Design courses at UG and PG levels. The courses groom students according to the requirements of the fashion world. Students get to learn a lot about fashion designing, textile industries, fashion management and other such things.
Colleges and institutes have set certain eligibility criteria that students should meet if they want to apply for admissions in Fashion Design courses. Generally, most of the colleges follow the same eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses:
Students seeking admission in Fashion Designing courses at UG level must have passed their class 12th examination with not less than 50 per cent from a recognised board in India.
They may have to appear for entrance exams like NID DAT, UCEED and NIFT Entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses:
Students applying for PG courses in Fashion Designing must have passed bachelor’s programme in a related field with not less than 50 per cent from a recognised college/ university in India.
They may have to appear for entrance exams like IIAD, CEED, NID DAT and many others.
Eligibility for Diploma Courses:
For admission in Diploma courses, students must have completed 10+2 level from a recognised board in India with not less than 40 - 50 per cent.
Many colleges and institutes admit students in various fashion design courses on the basis of the scores fetched in entrance exams conducted by them. The eligibility for appearing in the entrance tests is set by colleges and institutes accordingly. Some of the entrance exams for fashion designing courses are –
1.National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam: NIFT is one of the most prestigious institutes for fashion and designing. NIFT conducts its entrance exams for various UG and PG courses offered at the institute. NIFT is headquartered in Delhi and has its branches in 15 other major cities of India.
2. National Institute of Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT): NID is one of the pioneers in offering fashion education in India. NID offers Bachelor of Design and Master of Design courses and students seeking admissions in any of these courses need to clear NID DAT Prelims and NID DAT mains.
3. Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED): IIT Bombay conducts the CEED for students seeking admission into Master of Design courses including Master of Design in Fashion Design. A great number of colleges accept CEED scores for admissions.
4. Indian Institute of Art and Design Entrance Exam (IIAD): This is a very popular institute for fashion designing courses like BA in Fashion Design, MA in Fashion Design, BA and MA in Fashion Business Management. It conducts entrance exams and studio or interview rounds for UG and PG courses respectively.
5. Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED): UCEED is taken by a large number of students seeking admission in UG courses for design, including fashion design. The entrance exam is conducted by IIT Bombay, and it covers as many as 24 colleges.
6. Pearl Academy Entrance Exam: Pearl Academy is a very renowned name in fashion education. The academy is famous for its fashion designing courses and various specialisations offered by it. The academy conducts an entrance exam in three cycles every year– January, April and June. Once a student clears the entrance exam, he/ she will have to appear for an interview or studio round.
The Fashion industry and businesses related to it are growing every day, encouraging a global appeal of its services. Its growing prospects have developed high demands of courses related to fashion at various levels of academics. The everyday use of fashion in terms of clothes, interiors, jewellery or products has widened the horizons of the discipline and has been engaging a lot of students and recruiters lately. The international as well as domestic fashion businesses have amplified which have opened career choices for fashion design aspirants. Students who are able to successfully complete their courses in Fashion Design get recruited by international and domestic fashion brands and companies, magazines, big labels and can even start their own independent fashion business.
|Minimum Fees||Maximum Fees|
The subjects of this course are set such that it maximises the candidate’s creativity. They expose one to several new techniques and trends, thus, keeping one on his or her toes. They help one hone the design skills and take it to the next level. Listed below are a few subjects in the course –
The course of Fashion Design is not just about fashionable clothes; it is also about textiles, fabrics, knitwear, interior designs, jewellery designs and many more. A fashion design student can become a fashion designer, consultant, entrepreneur, and many other things. A graduate in Fashion Design can be recruited as designers for various labels, companies, and business houses. He/ she can even start his/ her own fashion venture and pave his own way. A Bachelor in Fashion Design, wanting to go for his/ her further studies has a lot of specialisation options to pick and choose from. The global appeal of fashion can even push a Fashion Design student abroad easily.
Design apparels and costumes for fashion labels and fashion companies.
Give the best look to the client by choosing the best costume, accessories and makeup.
Work on marketing strategies and publicity of the brand/ company one works for.
Coordinate fashion events of the company and supervise important departments.
Check the quality standards of fashion products and make sure that the products are processed under the guidelines published by the Quality Control Board.
Fashion Design students can be successful in their courses if they develop certain skills to help in bringing out the fashion expert within them:
1. Artistic and Creative Mind: A Fashion Design student must have a very artistic and creative mind so that he/ she can be very innovative and, at the same time, very original with ideas and designs.
2. Business Acumen: A Fashion Design student must know how to design cost-effective and high-in-demand products that will be profitable in the long run for the business.
3. Strong Imagination: A fashion design student has to visualise a lot before penning down the design which is possible only if he/ she has a very strong imagination which will help him/ her to visualise the design and make modifications as and when necessary.
4. Great Observation Skills: Students must have the power to observe the requirements, settings, demands and on-going fashion trends before designing a product. They should have an eye for details, not even small details should be missed.
5. Sketching and Drawing Skills: Fashion designing courses are all about sketching and drawing. Students will have to be absolutely phenomenal with their sketching skills.
6. Research-oriented: Students must be research-oriented so that they can understand the demands and needs of customers, observe various fashion trends, work on establishing cost-effective methods and researching on adopting new and innovative designs.
The Fashion Design curriculum is primarily based on designing techniques, textile, fashion illustrations, sketching, understanding various technologies used in fashion, analysing recent fashion trends, and lots and lots of drawings.
Application Process: 09 Sep, 2020 - 31 Oct, 2020
Exam Date: 17 Jan, 2021
Declaration of Result: 10 Mar, 2021
Hello there. Hope you are doing good. I would like to tell you that you can definitely complete the NIFT entrance syllabus in the time duration that you have before the exam. All you need is constant effort on your preparation along with hardwork and dedication. Constant effort is very important particularly in this entrance exam as you need to have good command over general knowledge, current affairs. These sections can be best done if you have started your preparation from early phase. Apart from this, you can practice daily on your Quantitative Ability section along with questions based on analytical ability and logical reasoning. With your constant efforts and dedication, there is no way you can not achieve good results.
I hope you found this answer helpful. Good luck for your future.
For your reference, I am sharing a link with you which contains all the details of exam.
I hope you found this answer helpful. Good luck for your future.
Hello Dear Student:
There are Three Master degree programs available under Fashion designing courses:
1. Technology : M.F.Tech. (Master of Fashion Technology
Eligibility criteria: B.F.Tech. from any recognised University or B.E/B.Tech. from any Institute/ University recognized by law in India.
2. M.Sc. in Fashion Designing:
Eligibility criteria: Bachelors degree (any discipline) Pass with 50% aggregate marks.
3. Management : M.F.M (Master of Fashion Management
Eligibility criteria: Bachelor's degree (any discipline) from any Institute/University recognized by law in India.
Best Institutes for Fashion designing courses:
1. National institute of Fashion technology (NIFT)
2. International Institute of fashion design
3. Lovely professional university
4. International School of Design
5. JD Institute of Fashion Technology
To know more please visit: https://design.careers360.com/articles/know-all-about-fashion-design
All the Best.
Career Option as a Fashion Designing Course, There are 3 best institutions which offer Fashion Designing as National Institute of Design (NID) used to offer BDes and MDes courses at only three campuses – NID Ahmedabad, NID Gandhinagar and NID Bengaluru.
NID is definitely more dedicated more into the designing aspects like animation design, graphic design, product design, etc. But not all of them are fashion related.
For Fashion Technology related N.i.F.T is also good option but while Designing concept then go with N.I.D Ahmedabad - National Institute of Design Ahmedabad offers 15 Courses across 2 Streams, it is better institution one can go with.
For More Details Below Link :
I am providing you the link where you will find a list of all the colleges offering fashion designing course on the basis of NID DAT examination.
There you will also be able to compare different colleges on the basis of fees, ownership, etc. To get further details about any college you can click on the name of that particular college and you will be directed to the page which will contain A-Z info about the college.
I hope it helps.
Select your reason of reporting