Declaration of Result: 08 Mar, 2021
From the past few years, fashion design has become more of a necessity. It has come to take over our consciousness to the extent that whatever we buy or wear today should definitely make a fashion statement. As the fashion industry is developing in every aspect, courses related to fashion have also emerged and made its place in the academic field. Today there are many Fashion Design courses at UG and PG levels. The courses groom students according to the requirements of the fashion world. Students get to learn a lot about fashion designing, textile industries, fashion management and other such things.
Colleges and institutes have set certain eligibility criteria that students should meet if they want to apply for admissions in Fashion Design courses. Generally, most of the colleges follow the same eligibility criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses:
Students seeking admission in Fashion Designing courses at UG level must have passed their class 12th examination with not less than 50 per cent from a recognised board in India.
They may have to appear for entrance exams like NID DAT, UCEED and NIFT Entrance exam.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses:
Students applying for PG courses in Fashion Designing must have passed bachelor’s programme in a related field with not less than 50 per cent from a recognised college/ university in India.
They may have to appear for entrance exams like IIAD, CEED, NID DAT and many others.
Eligibility for Diploma Courses:
For admission in Diploma courses, students must have completed 10+2 level from a recognised board in India with not less than 40 - 50 per cent.
Many colleges and institutes admit students in various fashion design courses on the basis of the scores fetched in entrance exams conducted by them. The eligibility for appearing in the entrance tests is set by colleges and institutes accordingly. Some of the entrance exams for fashion designing courses are –
1. National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) Entrance Exam: NIFT is one of the most prestigious institutes for fashion and designing. NIFT conducts its entrance exams for various UG and PG courses offered at the institute. NIFT is headquartered in Delhi and has its branches in 15 other major cities of India.
2. National Institute of Design Aptitude Test (NID DAT): NID is one of the pioneers in offering fashion education in India. NID offers Bachelor of Design and Master of Design courses and students seeking admissions in any of these courses need to clear NID DAT Prelims and NID DAT mains.
3. Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED): IIT Bombay conducts the CEED for students seeking admission into Master of Design courses including Master of Design in Fashion Design. A great number of colleges accept CEED scores for admissions.
4. Indian Institute of Art and Design Entrance Exam (IIAD): This is a very popular institute for fashion designing courses like BA in Fashion Design, MA in Fashion Design, BA and MA in Fashion Business Management. It conducts entrance exams and studio or interview rounds for UG and PG courses respectively.
5. Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED): UCEED is taken by a large number of students seeking admission in UG courses for design, including fashion design. The entrance exam is conducted by IIT Bombay, and it covers as many as 24 colleges.
6. Pearl Academy Entrance Exam: Pearl Academy is a very renowned name in fashion education. The academy is famous for its fashion designing courses and various specialisations offered by it. The academy conducts an entrance exam in three cycles every year– January, April and June. Once a student clears the entrance exam, he/ she will have to appear for an interview or studio round.
The Fashion industry and businesses related to it are growing every day, encouraging a global appeal of its services. Its growing prospects have developed high demands of courses related to fashion at various levels of academics. The everyday use of fashion in terms of clothes, interiors, jewellery or products has widened the horizons of the discipline and has been engaging a lot of students and recruiters lately. The international as well as domestic fashion businesses have amplified which have opened career choices for fashion design aspirants. Students who are able to successfully complete their courses in Fashion Design get recruited by international and domestic fashion brands and companies, magazines, big labels and can even start their own independent fashion business.
|Minimum Fees||Maximum Fees|
The subjects of this course are set such that it maximises the candidate’s creativity. They expose one to several new techniques and trends, thus, keeping one on his or her toes. They help one hone the design skills and take it to the next level. Listed below are a few subjects in the course –
The course of Fashion Design is not just about fashionable clothes; it is also about textiles, fabrics, knitwear, interior designs, jewellery designs and many more. A fashion design student can become a fashion designer, consultant, entrepreneur, and many other things. A graduate in Fashion Design can be recruited as designers for various labels, companies, and business houses. He/ she can even start his/ her own fashion venture and pave his own way. A Bachelor in Fashion Design, wanting to go for his/ her further studies has a lot of specialisation options to pick and choose from. The global appeal of fashion can even push a Fashion Design student abroad easily.
Design apparels and costumes for fashion labels and fashion companies.
Give the best look to the client by choosing the best costume, accessories and makeup.
Work on marketing strategies and publicity of the brand/ company one works for.
Coordinate fashion events of the company and supervise important departments.
Check the quality standards of fashion products and make sure that the products are processed under the guidelines published by the Quality Control Board.
Fashion Design students can be successful in their courses if they develop certain skills to help in bringing out the fashion expert within them:
1. Artistic and Creative Mind: A Fashion Design student must have a very artistic and creative mind so that he/ she can be very innovative and, at the same time, very original with ideas and designs.
2. Business Acumen: A Fashion Design student must know how to design cost-effective and high-in-demand products that will be profitable in the long run for the business.
3. Strong Imagination: A fashion design student has to visualise a lot before penning down the design which is possible only if he/ she has a very strong imagination which will help him/ her to visualise the design and make modifications as and when necessary.
4. Great Observation Skills: Students must have the power to observe the requirements, settings, demands and on-going fashion trends before designing a product. They should have an eye for details, not even small details should be missed.
5. Sketching and Drawing Skills: Fashion designing courses are all about sketching and drawing. Students will have to be absolutely phenomenal with their sketching skills.
6. Research-oriented: Students must be research-oriented so that they can understand the demands and needs of customers, observe various fashion trends, work on establishing cost-effective methods and researching on adopting new and innovative designs.
The Fashion Design curriculum is primarily based on designing techniques, textile, fashion illustrations, sketching, understanding various technologies used in fashion, analysing recent fashion trends, and lots and lots of drawings.
Declaration of Result: 10 Mar, 2021
Application Process: 01 Jan, 2021 - 20 Mar, 2021
Exam Date: 20 Mar, 2021 - 05 Apr, 2021
Declaration of Result: 10 Apr, 2021
Application Process: 01 Feb, 2021 - 15 Jun, 2021
Exam Date: 04 Jul, 2021
Declaration of Result: 12 Jul, 2021
FDDI stands for Footwear Design and Development Institute, Noida to offer admission into design courses. It offers B. Des. (Footwear Design & Production), B. Des (Leather Goods & Accessories Design), BBA (Retail & Fashion Merchandise), B.Des (Fashion Design), M D es (Footwear Design & Production) and M Des (CAD).As the cutoff of every course are different so please mention the name of the course.
You can download fddi AIST sample paper by visiting our page the link for which is provided
Go well through these papers as practising these papers will help you to :-
*understand the examination pattern .
* types of questions which are asked in the exam .
* you will get an idea of the difficulty level of the questions asked in the examination .
* you can also have an idea of important topics which are covered in the exam , so that you can accordingly prepare for your examination
*it will help you to check your preparation level for the examination, so that you can work on your weak areas and can perform even better in your examination.
* solving these papers on your own will help you to improve your time management skills so that in your actual examination you can solve questions with better speed and accuracy .
Best of luck for your FDDI AIST exam preparation .
If you have any other query then you can always reach us to get them cleared :) we are always available to help you out and guide you.
Well I would say that it all depends upon your interest areas. As you should never go against your interest and it's never too late. So, if you sre interested in fashion designing and want to make it as a career then you must go on with it. Fashion Designing has great scope and job opportunities in future.
Also, if you are more towards completing your masters then you can do that as well. So, basically it is you who can decide best for yourself.
Hope it helps.
Fashion technology is one of the imaging and demanded streams in the modern world, because of the modernization in fashion apparels and the highest standard of living.
Here are some of the best colleges in India for fashion technology-
1. National Institute of Fashion Technology Delhi
2. ARCH Jaipur
3. National Institute of Fashion Technology Gandhinagar
4. Indian Institute of Fashion Technology
5. National Institute of Designing
6. National Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore
Hope this information helps you!!
Both Fashion Designing and Chartered accountancy exposes you to different career option. You can do best in any of these depending on the area of interest. If you are a student from commerce background and believes in working hard and is having a inclination towards accountancy and other subjects then I'll recommend you to choose chartered accountancy. And if you are someone who is interested in fashion designing then go for the best fashion designing schools for great career.
Select your reason of reporting