|CAT||25 Jul, 2021 (Tentative)||Advertisement - notice | Mode: Online|
|02 Aug, 2021 - 20 Sep, 2021 (Tentative)||Application - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|24 Sep, 2021 - 27 Sep, 2021 (Tentative)||Application Correction - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|15 Oct, 2021 - 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Others - Mock Test | Mode: Online|
|25 Oct, 2021 - 28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Admit Card - Start Date | Mode: Online|
|28 Nov, 2021 (Tentative)||Exam - exam date | Mode: Online|
|06 Dec, 2021 - 10 Dec, 2021 (Tentative)||Answer Key - response sheet | Mode: Online|
|01 Jan, 2022 (Tentative)||Result - result date | Mode: Online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 2 Years
- Offered by: Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- The Post-graduate Programme in Management is a flagship educational programme preparing the young graduates for senior-level positions in industry and other sections.
- Starting in 1997 with a batch of 42 students, the PGP intake has consistently increased making it the fastest growing management school in the country to reach that landmark. However, this was done keeping the quality of the programme high. The Institute continues to maintain its sound placement record and ranks among the top few institutes in the country.
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK) is on a high growth trajectory today, offering the widest range of academic programmes in the field of management education.
IIM Kozhikode adopts a three-staged selection process for its admissions:
The admission to the program is through a rigorous and internationally acclaimed admission test (CAT) with an average selection rate of less than one in a hundred candidates.
Stage 1, the following minimum eligibility criteria will be applied to all those candidates who have opted for IIM Kozhikode. Candidates obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT will only be considered.
- Stage 2 process applies to all eligible candidates who have successfully completed the registration process in Stage 1 for the admissions to IIMK and it is for the determination of the candidates to be called for writing ability test (WAT) and personal interview (PI). A shortlist of candidates in each category will be prepared based on an Aggregate Index Score (AIS). The AIS is computed based on the performance in CAT 2019, Class X, Class XII, and a gender/academic diversity criterion.
- Final Stage The short-listed candidates will have to appear for a WAT followed by a PI. IIM Kozhikode will conduct the WAT and PI in Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Mumbai, and New Delhi. The entire process will last for a half-day (morning or afternoon). In this process, the candidates will be writing an essay, which will be followed by the PI. The essay topic will be announced at the venue just before the start of the WAT session. During the PI process, the panel will evaluate the academic efforts and disposition, general awareness and social disposition, attitude, personality and communication and the quality of work experience of each candidate. The resume score will be calculated based on the length of work experience, quality of academic and professional qualifications, and exceptional academic, co-curricular and extracurricular achievements of candidates. After the conclusion of the WAT and PI process, the final scores will be computed based on the performance in CAT 2019, PI, essay, and resume. The category-wise merit list will be prepared based on the final scores. Admission offers will be made to candidates following the merit list as per the Government of India reservation norms.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PwD) categories], awarded by any University or educational institution as incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State legislature in India or declared to be deemed as an University under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
Candidates appearing for the final year of Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. However, it may be noted that such candidates, if selected, will be allowed to join the programme provisionally, only if they submit a certificate from the Principal/Registrar of their University/Institution (issued on or before the date as stipulated by the respective IIM) stating that they have completed all the requirements for obtaining the Bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification on the date of issue of the certificate.
Candidates applying for CAT should fulfill any one of the following conditions:
- Completed Bachelor's degree with the required percentage of marks*.
- Completed professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA) with required percentage*.
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor's degree with required percentage*.
* SC/ST/PwD candidates should have minimum 45%. For General, EWS and NC-OBC candidates, the minimum is 50%.
The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/Institution. If any University/institution confirms that there is no scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate's CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100.
IIMs may verify eligibility at various stages of the selection process, the details of which are provided at the website iimcat.ac.in. Applicants should note that the mere fulfillment of the minimum eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by IIMs. Candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the selection process.
International Candidates are admitted through direct applications. International Candidates are Indian nationals or foreign nationals with valid passports or travel documents residing outside India and not in a position to take the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management at various centers in India. These candidates are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT).
The minimum admission requirements are:
- Undergraduate degree or higher with a minimum of three years at a university, with a major and a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent GPA
- A valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score
- A completed admission application form with three letters of reference
* International Candidates refer to Indian/foreign national candidates residing outside India.
In order to qualify as an International Candidate for the purpose of applying to PGP 2020-22, a candidate should have been (or is expected to be) residing outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as of December 31, 2019, and be outside India on the CAT 2019 examination date. The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on December 31, 2019. This certificate needs to be produced along with the admission application. Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India. Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of the Common Admission Test (CAT) are required to take the same.
My experience of 2 years at IIM Kozhikode
- Batch of 2021
My experience with the college was great.
- Batch of 2022
Great experience with exceptional peer learning
Last Seen: 15 Aug' 20
Joined On: 15 Aug' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2020
Life at IIM KOZHIKODE
- Batch of 2021
my experience is good
Last Seen: 23 Jun' 20
Joined On: 23 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Management
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of 2018