|21 Jan, 2021||Form Submission| Mode: online|
|25 Nov, 2020||Form Availablity| Mode: online|
- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 5 Years
- The IIM Ph.D. Program is IIM Udaipur's doctoral-level program designed for students with strong academic credentials who aspire to undertake demanding original research. Students earning a Ph.D. in management from IIM Udaipur will be well-equipped for a career in academia as well as research or consulting positions in industry or the NGO sector.
- IIM Ph.D. The program generally has a duration of 4.5 to 5 years. Students first complete rigorous coursework covering advanced courses in the area of specialization as well as a review of general management subjects. During this time, students gain experience and mastery in a range of research skills, approaches, and methodologies.
- After completing a comprehensive examination in their chosen area, students work on their doctoral dissertations, undertaking original research designed to make a significant scholarly contribution in their field.
- IIM Ph.D. students at IIMU receive a full fellowship that covers the cost of tuition, accommodations, other program expenses and a stipend for a living allowance.
- In 2016, the Ph.D. in management from IIM Udaipur started in two areas: Marketing and Operations Management.
- Starting in 2018, two more areas have been introduced in Ph.D.: Finance & Accounting and Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management.
Please note that a candidate can apply for only one area out of the four areas mentioned below
- Operations Management
- Finance & Accounting
- Organizational Behavior & Human Resources Management
There shall be 2 stages in the selection process:
- Stage 1: Screening of Applications
- Stage 2: Research Aptitude Test + Personal Interview
Candidates are eligible to apply for the PhD program if they fulfil the following criteria:
- A Master’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 55 percent marks, AND a Bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification with at least 50 percent marks (minimum three years of bachelor’s level education after the completion of higher secondary schooling).
- A professional qualification (completed) such as CA (ICAI), ICWA, CS with a Bachelor's degree
- A 4-year/8-semester Bachelor's degree with 6.5 CGPA or equivalent.
These criteria are consistent with the Ministry of Education regarding "Minimum Standards for Ph.D. admission in IIMs" as of December 27, 2018.
The Master's degree or equivalent qualification/Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification required for IIM PhD eligibility should be: (a) from any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956; or (b) recognized by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India or (c) possess an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE. The Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing Higher Secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
Final year candidates who have not yet completed their respective degrees (Bachelor's or Master's) by the date application is due are eligible to apply for IIM PhD program at IIM Udaipur and can receive provisional acceptance. According to IIM PhD criteria, with their initial application, they must submit a bonafide certificate (on the day of registration) signed by the head of their current department/institution indicating that they have completed all examinations/submissions required for obtaining the degree. No later than December 30th, of the year of application, they must submit the final mark sheets/certificates related to the completion of the degree indicating the minimum cut-off (6.5 CGPA or equivalent) has been met.
* CAT/GMAT/GRE/NET-JRF in Economics/Psychology/Sociology/Anthropology/Management Scores are mandatory for the candidates applying for Marketing Area.
For the applications in the Marketing Area, we will consider scores as being valid for 2 years after their original expiry for this year’s applications to account for the COVID situation in 2020.
* CAT/GMAT/GATE/GRE/NET-JRF in relevant discipline Scores are mandatory for the candidates applying for OBHRM Area.