Indira Gandhi University (IGU), Meerpur is a state university of Haryana, established in 2013. This is teaching- cum- affiliating University facilitates and promotes higher education with special emphasis in emerging areas of information technology and computer education, commerce, humanities and management studies. Before becoming an independent State University, IGU was working as Indira Gandhi Post Graduate Regional Centre of Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak. The university campus is situated in village Meerpur and it is about 10 Km from district headquarter of Rewari, and is about 300 km from Chandigarh, the State Capital.
Location: Indira Gandhi University (IGU), Meerpur is situated in village Meerpur, Rewari - Lokri Road, Haryana. It is about 10 Km from district headquarter of Rewari, and is about 300 km from Chandigarh, the State Capital. Rewari Junction and Rewari Bus stand are about 11 km away from the IGU. Indira Gandhi International Airport is about 69 km away from the IGU.
Accreditation: Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur is accredited by NAAC.
Indira Gandhi University(IGU), Meerpur has signed MoU with the following international universities:
UET Italia, European University for Tourism
Colombo University, Sri Lanka
Dhaka University, Bangladesh
Clubs and Committees:
- National Service Scheme: The motto of the National Service Scheme (NSS) is “Not Me, But You”. This expresses the essence of democratic living and upholds the need for selfless services and appreciates the other person‟s point of view. The NSS units of Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur organise the various programmes, which inculcate the feelings of empathy and self-extension among students. The units also promote the values of communal harmony, patriotism and national integration among students.
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell: The aim of IQAC is to plan, guide, and monitor Quality Assurance and Quality Enhancement activities of the Institution.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment Committee: The committee makes sure there is a zero-tolerance towards sexual harassment of women at workplace. It further re-enforces that the campus is free of discrimination, harassment or sexual assault.
- Prevention of Ragging Committee: The committee makes sure there is no ragging in the campus and prohibits all students to humiliate juniors, mistreat them or financial extortion, physical or mental abuse.
- Grievance Redressal Committee: As per the University Grant Commission (Grievance Redressal) Regulations 2012, IGU established University Level Grievance Redressal Committee to provide a mechanism to students for redressal of their Grievances.
- Committee for SC/ST: The cell resolves all the affairs and problems related to the SC/ST students and faculties.
- Youth Red Cross: The vision of the Youth Red Cross is to become a leading humanitarian organisation serving vulnerable people. The members of the club regularly take part in the various events and promote humanitarian services in society.
- Women Empowerment Cell: The WEC cell of IGU was established to address the practical issues related to the welfare of and equal opportunities for women faculty members, staff and students.
- Training and Placement Cell: Training & Placement Cell of IGU University organise school workshops, which covers communication skills, soft skills and personality development etc. The Cell facilitates arranging on-campus placements of students in various industries and also makes arrangements for students to participate in off-campus drives organised at various institutions/ industries.
- Haryana Institute for Public Policy and Good Governance: The University has established the Haryana Institute for Public Policy and Good Governance, which impart instructions in various short term courses of six month and one-year duration under the National Skill Qualification Framework and provide knowledge, skills and aptitude in the sector of leadership and good governance.
- Department of Students Welfare: The department of students welfare organises various activities on the campus, which include annual sports competitions, cultural festivals, and celebration of the national days. Some important facilities provided by this department are, “Earn While You Learn” Scheme, Funding of Educational & Industrial Tours, Bus Pass Facility.
Courses & Fees
Exams and Cutoffs
Indira Gandhi University (IGU), Meerpur offers undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses through its various faculties which include engineering and technology, science, art and humanities, medical science, nursing, paramedical, computer application, commerce and management, education, law and yoga. Admission to these courses is through the entrance exam conducted by Kurukshetra University, M.D University, Rohtak, and Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur.
The admission to the following courses are done through the centralised admissions process of Kurukshetra University:
M. Com. 2 years
M.A. Political Science
The admission to the following courses are done through the centralised admissions process of M.D. University, Rohtak:
M. Sc. Mathematics
M.Sc. Mathematics with Computer Science
M.Sc. Environmental Science
The admission to the following courses are done through the centralised admissions process of Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur-Rewari:
Master of Computer Applications
Master of Computer Applications 2nd year through LEET
M.Com. (Hons.) 5 years
B. Pharmacy 2nd year through LEET
B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech. Computer Science & Engineering 2nd year through LEET
Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
The detailed admission process for all these courses is given below:
- As per the admission details provided above, candidates need to choose the course and appear for the respective entrance exam.
- Candidates can apply for admission online or offline through the respective universities.
- For online admission, candidates need to register and submit the application online and pay the admission fee.
- For offline admission, candidates need to download the online application form and payment receipt and send it to the administrative office of the respective Universities.
- The admission committee of the respective universities will shortlist the application form and merit list will be prepared.
- As per the merit list, counselling will be conducted for the selected courses.
- Candidates have to appear for the counselling and confirm his/her choice for the subjects or courses.
- Once the admission is confirmed, candidates have to pay the admission fee and complete the admission process.
Indira Gandhi University (IGU), Meerpur offers various infrastructure facilities, which include hostel, library, sports and cafeteria. The details about these facilities are given below:
- Atal Pustkalaya: The library is named after the former Prime Minister of India Sh. Atal Bihari Vajpayeelibrary. It has the latest volumes, in the fields engineering, science, technology, management and general areas. It has the membership for e-resources and has a subscription to national and international peer-reviewed e-journals. Online public access catalogue (OPAC) facility is available to facilitate the online search of the library books with title, author, keyword and subject. It has an institutional membership of DELNET.
- Directorate of Sports: Directorate of Sports promotes sports in the university. The university has indoor and outdoor sports facilities. Indoor games like carrom, table tennis, chess are available on the campus. The University has a well-furnished football field and cricket fields. It also has a hockey field, handball, volleyball and badminton court. Tournaments in these sports are organized in the institute at University level. The Directorate of Sports organises annual sports every year in which students of all disciplines take part.
- First Aid Centre: Medical doctors and other necessary first aid and emergency medicines are available for the staff and students at the First Aid Centre. A well qualified medical practitioner is available during the college hours, and the students can avail the medical facilities free of cost. The Institute also has links with well-equipped hospitals to deal with any severe emergency cases.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities at IGU are provided for boys and girls. It is equipped with all the modern facilities. The hostels are fully safe and enclosed with boundary walls and have the provisions of indoor and outdoor games and recreation facilities for the students. Mess facilities are also available in the hostels.
- Laboratories: Each department in the college has well-equipped laboratories. It is providing extensive and contemporary facilities for science teaching and research.
- Seminar Hall: The hall is equipped with the latest teaching aids like LCD projector, slide projector and overhead projector. The hall is used for conducting guest lectures, symposiums and seminars.
- University Food Court and Cafeteria: The cafeteria is located inside the campus. Healthy and hygienic food is offered at the canteen and it also provides a neat and clean sitting area.
On a way of becoming one of the best institutes.
try some other college
Not good for btech
Last Seen: 17 Feb' 20
Joined On: 17 Feb' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2020
- B.Tech Computer Science Engineering
Questions related to Indira Gandhi University, Meerpur
UG admission BSc Human nutrition &Diets
If you are asking for college offering BSC in nutrition and diets here are a few top institutes
- Ethiraj College for Women
- OPJS University, Churu
- Women’s Christian College, Chennai
- Belda College
- Rama University, Hapur
Top college that offer BSC are
- Bachelor of Science [B.Sc] (Nutrition) in Tamil Nadu
- B.Sc in Delhi-NCR
- B.Sc in Maharashtra
- B.Sc in Chennai
- B.Sc in Uttar Pradesh
- B.Sc in Telangana
This course comprises of 3 years with 6 semesters. Admission will be based on merit from entrance exams. Your area of jobs will be in Government Hospitals, Healthcare Centers, Private Hospitals, Athletic Clubs, Public Health Programs, Food and Pharmaceutical Industries, OutpatientClinics etc.
Hope this helps you
is there any type of entrance exam for getting admission in bca course in indira Gandhi university meerpur plz help me
- Yes their are entrance exam to select in this College and enjoy your dreams but iam BCA students from ms University of Vadodara..
what is the procedure of getting admission in bca course in indira Gandhi university meerpur
IGU , Meerpur within 50 affiliated colleges conducts several degree courses . IGU , Meerpur 2020 admissions conveys details such as course duration and admissions mode of several PG courses .
In order to apply for IGU Meerpur admissions 2020, candidates are requires to check the eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
Check the above link for any further details:
Hope this was helpful , Thank you.
still Im in doubt sir, will you please help me,i want to get admission in indira Gandhi university meerpur,my percentage is 80.8 of top five subjects, please tell me that how to get admission in this university and is there any entrance exam for bca course
Yes IGU conducts entrance exam . It's admit card is realised few days before the the entrance test. Don't be confuse have patience . For more details you can go through the below link it will help you to understand better. https://university.careers360.com/articles/igu-meerpur-admission
i have score 80.8 percent marks in class 12, can i get admission in indira Gandhi university, meerpur
First I congratulate to you for getting 80.8 percent marks in 12th , Indra Gandhi University has own their Entrance based exam and also basis on JEE mains score.and application form is to be downloaded from the college's own website and for more details u should go and check on the given below site.
I hope it will help you.
Location & Map
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: