- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time three/six-year Doctoral program and it is offered by the Maharshi Dayanand University, Rohtak. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
- The University shall make admissions to the Ph.D. programme through an Entrance Test.
- Entrance Test will be of 100 marks and a candidate must secure 50% marks to qualify the same. In case of SC/ST of Haryana State/Differently-abled candidates, a relaxation of 5 marks from 50 to 45% will be allowed.
- Master’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or in an allied subject.
- M.Phil degree (regular mode only) or a recognized equivalent degree beyond Master’s degree level with at least 55% marks or its equivalent B grade in UGC seven point scale in the subject concerned or allied subject.
Note: The following categories of candidates are exempted from the entrance test for the Ph.D. programme:
- The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/GATE/GPAT or any other similar examination/ SLET (Haryana State) as the case may be.
- Candidates who are teacher fellowship holders/awardee of the fellowship by the DST (INSPIRE), ICMR or any other equivalent national level fellowship
- Candidates who have passed Pre-Ph.D.course/M.Phil.fromM.D.University, Rohtak.