Mother Teresa Women’s University was established by the enactment of Tamil Nadu Act 15 in the year 1984. The university is also known as MTWU. The foundation stone of MTWU was laid by the Nobel Laureate Mother Teresa. Mother Teresa Women’s University is the only Women’s University of Tamil Nadu State Government. In order to offer international education for women candidates, it houses a Tamil Nadu Common Wealth Mother Teresa Women’s international centre.
MTWU is located at Attuvampatti, Kodaikanal in Tamil Nadu. Teni Railway Station is around 91 km away from the university. Coimbatore International Airport is around 181 km away from the varsity. Kodaikanal Bus Stand is around 6 km away from Mother Teresa Women's University and it takes about 18 minutes to reach MTWU from the bus depot via car/cab.
Clubs, Committees and Societies
- Cultural Cell - The Cultural Cell organises cultural activities at the university and celebrates various functions such as Independence Day Function, Republic Day Function, College Day Function and Sports Day Functions etc.
- Literary Club - Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal nurtures the literary talent and has members interested in literature and they are a part of various literary activities.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell - EDC provides a platform and nurtures aspiring entrepreneurs to come up with innovative business ideas and helps the students to become successful entrepreneurs in the future.
Exams and Cutoffs
Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal offers various PG and doctoral programmes to the students. MTWU PG admission except for MBA and MCA is based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is the marks secured in graduation. According to the MTWU admission process for MBA and MCA, admission shall be based on TANCET/MAT scores. MTWU offers admission to M.Phil and PhD programmes on the basis of on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test, performance in the interview. The step by step MTWU admission process for all the courses is given below in details:
MTWU PG Admissions (except for MCA and MBA)
- Candidates have to download the application form and submit the completely filled form along with all the required documents on the website of Mother Teresa Women's University.
- MTWU admission shall be based on the merit of the qualifying examination that is the marks secured in graduation.
- Aspirants will be shortlisted on the basis of the merit of the qualifying examination and a merit list will be published for this and such candidates whose names appear in the merit list shall be eligible for the further MTWU admission procedure.
- Further, candidates have to participate in the university level counselling process and then get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee in order to confirm their admission.
- Thus, the final admission of the candidates will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam, university-level document verification and fee payment.
MTWU Admission Procedure for MBA and MCA Courses
- Aspirants have to apply and appear for MAT or TANCET and obtain valid scores.
- On the basis of the marks secured, candidates have to apply online on the website of MTWU and submit the application form.
- The marks secured in MAT or TANCET will be the basis for shortlisting the candidates for the further admission process.
- Shortlisted candidates will make a move to the final stage of the MTWU admission process that comprises participating in the university level document verification and fee payment.
- Fee payment and document verification is a mandatory step for confirmation of admission.
- Thus the final admission is given to such candidates who have been shortlisted on the basis of TANCET/MAT exam and have got their documents verified and have paid the requisite fee.
MTWU Admission Process for M.Phil and PhD Programmes
- Eligible candidates have to submit the application form along with all the necessary documents on the website of Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal.
- Applicants have to appear for an Entrance Test conducted by the university for MTWU admissions.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam and qualifying candidates have to appear for the interview and qualify it.
- Candidates qualifying interview to have to participate in the university level document verification and fee payment for the successful completion of MTWU admission process.
- Final admission shall be based on the marks obtained in the Entrance Test, performance in the interview, university-level document verification and fee payment.
Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal provides facilities to the students for their ease during their college life. The auditorium is well furnished for organising events and programmes. The laboratories are well equipped with the latest equipment and instruments and help in conducting the practical classes. Students of the university are encouraged to participate in the various indoor and outdoor sports The canteen provides nutritious food to the members of the varsity. MTWU facilities are listed below:
Hostel - The university provides accommodation facilities to the students for a comfortable stay and has a safe and secured hostel for this and the hostel has all the essential facilities to the students.
Sports - MTWU provides sports facilities to the students and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Cafeteria - The cafeteria provides a variety of snacks and drinks to the members of Mother Teresa Women's University.
Auditorium - The university has an auditorium that is technically well-equipped with light and sound facilities and it is used in organising various events, activities, programmes, seminars, workshops, etc. for the students.
Laboratories - Mother Teresa Women's University, Kodaikanal has modern laboratories equipped with the latest equipment and instrument that helps the students to carry out their practice sessions and it also helps them in their research.
My experience is excellent.
Last Seen: 21 Jun' 20
Joined On: 02 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2004
- M.Phil Computer Science
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council