University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad was established in the year 1986. The university is also known as UAS Dharwad. Bagalkot, Belgaum, Bijapur, Dharwad, Gadag, Haveri, and Uttar Kannada in northern Karnataka are the seven districts in which UAS Dharwad has its jurisdiction. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad has 6 Agriculture Extension Education Centers, 27 Research Stations, 6 Krishi Vigyan Kendras and ATIC. AC Dharwad AC Vijayapur, CCS Dharwad, AC Hanumanmatti and FC Sirsi are the six agricultural colleges under UAS Dharwad. University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral courses to the students.
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad is located at Dharwad in Karnataka. Dharwad Railway Station is around 7 km away from the institute. Hubballi Airport is approx 18 km away and BRTS Depot Dharwad is around 3 km away from University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad. Students can take an auto or hire a taxi to reach there.
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad has the following collaborations:
- Cornell University, Ithaca, USA
- Texas A & M University, USA
- Lowa State University, USA
- University of Manitoba, Canada
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru P.O., Andhra Pradesh.
- SFAC, MANAGE., Rajendranagar, Hyderabad
- MAHYCO Research Foundation (MRF), Road No.12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-34 (AP).
- Kshema Technologies, # 1, Global Village, Mylasandra, Bangalore
- Faculty of Agriculture & Director of Instruction Dr.Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidya Peeth, Dapoli
- Vishveshwraiah Technical University, Belgaum
- The Vice-Chairman, Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd
- Agricultural Science Foundation, Hulkoti
- Jala Samvardhane Yojana Sangha (JSYS), Bangalore.
- University of Agricultural Sciences, GKVK, Bangalore
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd., Jain Hills, P.O.Box
- The Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Co. Ltd., Resham Bhavan
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
- Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture (CRIDA), ICAR, Santoshnagar, Hyderabad
- Institute of Agri Biotechnology (IABT) & Director, Polyclone Bioservices Pvt. Ltd, Karesandra, Bangalore
- Managing Director, High-tech Agri Services (HTAS), # 24, Ist Cross, P & T Colony, R.T. Nagar, Bangalore
- Registrar, Karnataka Veterinary, Animal & Fisheries Sciences University, Nandinagar, P.B. No.6, Bidar
- Chief General Manager, NABARD, Bangalore.
- Barwell Foundation, Research & Training Centre No.8-2-703, A.G. Heights Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
- Remote Sensing Agency, Dept. of Space, Govt. of India, Balanagar, Hyderabad
- “Sadhana”, Non-Govt. Organisation, Tejswinagar, Dharwad
- Secretary, USHAS Centre for Exceptional Children, Hubli
- The Indian Council for Agricultural Research, New Delhi
- Principal Consultant, FAO, Delhi.
- Rubber Research Institute of India (RRII), Kottayam, Kerala, India
- Criyagen Agri & Biotech Private Limited, Bangalore
- Proprietor, Plot No. 2-I, K.I.A.D.B. Industrial Area, B.K. Kangrali, Belgaum
- The Indian Council for Agricultural Research, New Delhi
- CEO, Gammon India Limited, Gammon House, Veer Savarkar Marg
- D.C.T.’s Dhempe College of Arts & Science, Panaji
- Command Area Development Authority, Upper Krishna Project, Bheemarayanagudi.
- President of India, Dept. of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, New Delhi
- Indian Agril. Statistics Research Institute, ICAR, New Delhi
- SAS Institute(India) Private Limited, Apeejay House, Dinshaw Wachha Road, Church gate, Mumbai
- Technical Services, BASF India Limited, Navi Mumbai Office Phase-II, Thane Belapur Road, Turbhe, Navi Mumbai.
- The Ugar Sugar Works Ltd., Ugarkhurd, Belgaum.
- National Research Development Corporation, (An Enterprise of DSIR, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India), Malleswaram, Bangalore.
- Raw Material Procurement West Coast Paper Mills Limited, Dandeli
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- President, JK Agri Genetics Ltd., Hyderabad.
- Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Central Ground Water Board, Government of India, New Delhi.
- Regional Director for South Asia and China, International Development Research Centre, 208, Jor Bagh, New Delhi.
- Chairman and Managing Director, Vibha Agrotech Limited, Subhan Sirisampada, Rajbhavan Road, Somajiguda, Hyderabad
- General Manager-Special Projects, Farm Division, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited, Mumbai
- Senior Assistant Director of Horticulture, ZP, Department of Horticulture, Dharwad
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute(IARI), New Delhi for Director General ICAR, New Delhi.
- Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- Central Coffee Research Institute, Coffee Research Station, Chickmagalore
- The International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT), Patancheru, Andhra Pradesh.
- M/s Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Distilleries Pvt. Ltd., Garag, Dist: Dharwad
- M/s Jalpari Quality Food Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- The Classic Knits India(P), Ltd., Dharwad
- Information and Library Netword (INFLIBNET) Centre (InterUniversity 53.Centre (IUC) of UGC), Ahmedabad
- M/s J.P.Distilleries Pvt. Ltd., Lessee of M/s India Brewary & Distillery Ltd., Post:Ameerabad, Tq: Humnabad Dist: Bidar.
- Central Ground Water Board, Govt. of India, New Delhi
- The University of Mysore, Mysore
- Syndicate Bank, Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), Dharwad
- ICAR Society, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi
- ZP, Department of Horticulture, Dharwad
- Town Municipal Council, Bailhongal
- Resource Planning and Marketing, ICRISAT, Patancheru (Andhra Pradesh)
- Ravindra and Company Ltd., Bidar
- Corn Technical Manager Monsanto India Ltd Ahura Centre, Mahakali Caves Road, Andheri, Mumbai
- Soniya Education Trust’s College of Pharamacy, S.R.Nagar, Dharwad
- Vishwanath Sugar And Steel Industries Ltd., Bellad Bagewadi, Tq:Hukkeri Dist:Blegaum
- Vijayanagar Sugar Pvt.Ltd., Gangapur Village, Tq:Mundaragi, Dist:Gadag
- Karnataka University, Pavate Nagar, Dharwad
- Shri Lakshmi Narasimha Distilleries Pvt. Ltd., Garag, Dharwad
- Hubli Central Division, Central Public Works Department, Hubli
- Karnataka State Horticulture Mission Agency, Dharwad
- Karthik Agro Industries Pvt. Ltd., Bagalkot
- University of Agricultural Sciences, Raichur
- Water and Land Management Institute, Dharwad
- Nirani Sugars Limited, Mudhol
- Siddapur Distilleries Limited, Siddapur, Tq: Jamkhandi, Dt: Bagalkot
- S.V. Distilleries Pvt. Ltd Malchapur Village, Tq:Bhalki, Dt : Bidar
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research
- Ministry of Science and Technology, Department of Biotechnology, GOI, New Delhi
- Kirloskar Ferrous Industries Ltd. (KFIL) Bevinahalli Village, Tq & Dt: Koppal
- Mark Giordano, Theme Leader, Water and Society
- Best Practices Foundation Dharwad, I.N.Shivalli Plaza, Near Sampigenagar Bus Stand, Kelageri Road, Dharwad
- M/s Sesa Goa Ltd. Chitradurga
- Directorate of Water Management, Opp. Rail Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar (Orissa)
- Godavari Biorefineries Ltd., (Distillery Division), Sameerwadi
- Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai
- The Mission Director, Karnataka State Horticulture Mission Agency, Dharwad
- Godavari Biorefineries Limited, Sameerwadi (Distillery Division) , “Somaiya Bhavan” 45, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Mumbai
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) Patancheru
- Karnataka State Bio fuel Development Board, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Spices Research, (Khzhikode, Kerala) P.B.No.1701, Marikunnu Post, Calicut (Kerala)
- International Water Management Institute (IWMI), Hyderabad.
- Indian Grassland and Fodder Research Institute(IGFRI), Southern Regional Research Station, Dharwad (Karnataka)
- Navya Biologicals Pvt. Ltd., Hubli
- Dept.of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI, New Delhi
- ICRISAT, Hyderabad
- BMSIT & BMSSA, Prof.of Eminence, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, BMS Institute of Technology, Bangalore.
- M.S.Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, (MSRSAS), Bangalore
- Dept. of Agriculture, GoK, Bangalore and Karnataka Evaluation Authority, Dept. of Planning, GoK, Bangalore
- Centre for Agri Entrepreneurship Development (CAD) National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management MANAGE), Rejendranagar, Hyderabad (A.P)
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports, GoI, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi
- Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, GoI, New Delhi
- University of Horticultural Sciences, Bagalkot
- Karnataka Watershed Development Department, Bangalore
- International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, (ICRISAT), Hyderabad
- Athani Sugars Limited, Navalihal, Athani Taluk, Belgaum Dist.
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi.
- Water4Crops – EU
- Karnataka State Seeds Corporation Limited(KSSC), Bangalore
- McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Texas A & M University, Texas, USA
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- RPO University, Saskatoon, Saskatchwan, Canada
- The Royal Institution for the Advancement of Learning / McGill University, Canada
- International Development Research Centre, Ottawa, ON, Canada
- University of Tampere, (UTA) Tampere, Finland
- The Colleges of Agriculture and Life Sciences and Human Sciences, lowa State University of Science and Technology, lowa, USA
- University of Tampere, School of Information Sciences, Finland
- New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, USA.
- Global Wheat Program Km.45, Carretera Mexico-Veracruz, MEXICO.
Exams and Cutoffs
University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad offers undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma and doctoral courses to the students. Admission to the undergraduate courses is offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying examination/Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority. Admission to postgraduate courses of UAS Dharwad is based on the merit in the qualifying examination and a written test with a weightage of 50% each. Participation in the counselling process of all the courses offered by UAS Dharwad is mandatory and admission will be confirmed only when the documents are verified and the requisite fee is paid. The detailed admission process of all the courses offered by the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad is given below:
Through Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET)
- Aspirants have to appear for Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) conducted by Karnataka Examinations Authority.
- A cut off list will be released and candidates meeting the cutoff requirement will further have to participate in the KCET counselling process.
- Final admission will be based on marks secured in KCET, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Eligible candidates have to apply on the website of UAS Dharwad.
- Admission will be based on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Based on the merit of the qualifying examination a merit list will be prepared by the university.
- On the basis of the merit list, candidates will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will further have to participate in the university level counselling process.
- The final stage of admission includes university-level document verification and fee payment.
- Final admission will be given on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam, participation in the counselling process, university-level document verification, and fee payment.
- Aspiring candidates have to apply online on the website of the University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad.
- Admission shall be based on the merit in the qualifying examination and a written test with a weightage of 50% each.
- Candidates securing at least 50% marks in total will be shortlisted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for an offline counselling process at the UAS Dharwad campus.
- Admission is confirmed only when the documents get verified and the requisite fee is paid.
- Thus, final admission will be based on the combined score of merit in the qualifying examination and written test, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
Questions related to UAS Dharwad
hi, i got 3100 rank ( general merit) in bsc agri in kcet 2020...what chances do i have to get a seat in UAS dharwad for bsc (hon) ?
Congratulations for getting good ranks in KCET exam. According to last year cut offs you have chance of getting admission into UAS Dharwad in Bsc agri. You may go through the below link in which last year cut offs are given which help you in planning for good colleges in Bsc agri. according to your branch.
Best of luck.
sir can i get a seat for 14000 rank in kcet and 96% in pcmb and category 2A
As per your rank and as per previous year cutoff, the colleges you will get are:-
- Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering
- Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE Mysore)
- NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology - NMIT
- Sri Dharmsthala Manjunatheshwar College of Engineering & Technology - Karnataka
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology
- BMS Institute of Technology and Management
To know more about your other colleges check out this college predictor link:
when was the application started
The tentative dates for the release of application forms for UAS, Dharwad is May, 2020 till June, 2020. But the application forms are not released yet. This may be due to the Covid-19 pandemic or other reasons. So, keep an eye on the official Website for updates.
Hope this helps.
how many marks required in kcet and agri practical to seat in uas dharwad
As per last year, minimum of 50 % marks in Practical examination is required to claim seat under Agriculturist Quota.
The agriculture practical test of KCET 2019 will be conducted on April 27 (tentative).
Candidates have to pay an application fee of 500 for General and OBC (INR 250 for SC, ST and Category -1 while document verification process.
KCET Agriculture Practical exam will be conducted at Bangalore, Bagalkot, Hassan, Bidar, Mandya, Dharwad, Raichur, Arabhavai (Gokak Tq), Mysore, Tamaka (Kolar District), Munirabad (Koppal District), Mangalore, and Shimoga.
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: