William Carey University (WCU), Shillong was established in the year 2005 by the Government of Meghalaya. The university is recognised by the Unversity Grants Commission (UGC) and is approved by the All Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE). WCU courses include undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes in the field of arts, commerce, science, management, engineering, design and animation.
WCU is located at Zoram Villa, Bomfyle Road, Police Bazar, opp. St. Anthony's College, Shillong, Meghalaya. Guwahati Railway Station is 99.5 km away and ASTC Bus Stand is 2.5 km away from the university. Shillong Airport is 32.2 km away and it will take around 55 minutes to reach William Carey University, Shillong. Students can take a cab or a bus to reach the university.
William Carey University, Shillong Admission Process:
William Carey University, Shillong offers admission to the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in the field of arts, commerce, science, etc. WCU admission to all the courses will be done on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination. Further, the applicants have to be physically present at the time of seat allotment, document verification and fee payment. Students can check the details of the WCU admission procedure in the article given below:
WCU admission process for all Courses:
- Aspirants should qualify the relevant examination from the recognised boards/universities.
- Eligible candidates should apply online on the website of WCU for the admission.
- Shortlisting of applicants will be done on the basis of the marks scored in the qualifying examination.
- Final admission will be offered after seat allotment, document verification and fee payment.
William Carey University, Shillong Facilities:
William Carey University, Shillong has adequate infrastructural facilities for the students and staff such as a library with a collection of books, separate hostels for boys and girls, transportation to cater to the travelling needs, cafeteria to serve healthy food to the students and computer laboratories for the practical knowledge of the students. The details of these facilities can be checked below:
- Library: The library of WCU has a varied collection of books. It is a sacred place for book lovers as they can easily utilise their free time in the library and enhance their knowledge as students have access to the latest databases.
- Hostel: William Carey University has separate hostels for boys and girls with other facilities like dining area, wi-fi, water cooler facilities etc.
- Transportation: WCU provides transportation facilities for the students and staff to cater to the travelling needs. Buses ply all the nearby locations of the cities.
- Cafeteria: The cafeteria provides a variety of snacks and drinks to the members of William Carey University and is a place for chilling out with friends in their free time.
- Computer Laboratories: The Computer Centre of the university caters to all the computational needs of the institute and provides internet connection.
Questions related to William Carey University, Shillong
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: