William Carey University, Shillong Placement Details:
William Carey University, Shillong has a Training and Placement Cell that helps in the hassle-free conduction of the WCU placement procedure for the students. The cell also provides training programmes on personality development and communication skills and help them prepare better for the recruitment process. The university also ensures that they can help most of the students getting placed into various companies by helping them in every possible way. WCU also conducts mock tests and practice session classes on Aptitude, Quantitative Ability, Logical and Reasoning to make students practice and get better before appearing for the final Interview and Written Test. A detailed description of the whole procedure of the WCU placements process is mentioned below.
- Invitation - Greetings in the form of an invitation along with other documents are sent to the past and potential recruiters and then the interested companies accept the invitation. The companies also send all the essential details like the details of the job profile, job description, etc. via mail.
- Fixing a schedule and slot allocation - The WCU Placement Cell then fixes dates with the enrolled recruiters, slots are allocated to different recruiters on the availability and the schedule is notified to the students.
- Registration - Interested candidates are invited to register with the placement cell and they also need to submit all the necessary documents.
- Delivery of Pre-Placement Talk by the recruiters - Companies deliver a pre-placement talk and give an insight into the company and its policies. It also takes up all the doubts of the students related to the job and the company.
- Screening Test - After the shortlisting of candidates, screening tests such as aptitude tests, logical and verbal ability tests, general knowledge, psychometric tests, etc are conducted by the recruiters so that it can be assured that the students have proper knowledge about their domain and possess good IQ.
- Group Discussion - Candidates qualifying the tests have to participate in the Group Discussion and voice their opinions on a particular topic in a group, given by the recruiters. The GD topic may be a social, political or a generic topic for the discussion.
- Personal Interview - Candidates qualify all the tests and group discussion are selected for the final round that is the personal interview and they are judged on the basis of their communication skills and presentation skills of the students along with his/her soft skills and get confirmed whether the candidate is suitable for the job or not.