WHAT IS HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM ?
UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with mandatory minimum marks along with a good score in entrance tests held for the UG programme conducted by various state, central and private universities.
PG: Candidates must hold a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism or in any other relevant subject with at least 50% marks along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme conducted by various state, central and private universities.
SCOPE OF HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM
- There is plenty of jobs for hospitality and tourism graduates in hotels, restaurants, airlines, public houses, contract catering and fast food organisations.
- There are plenty of opportunities with tourism infrastructure project companies, transportation and travel agencies, tour companies and cultural industries.
Some of the positions that are up for the grabs include:
Guest Service Officer
Guest Relation Executive
Food and Beverage Manager
Learning and Development Manager
- Basics of Tourism
- Economics of Tourism
- Elementary Financial Management
- Hotel and Resort Management
- Hotel Operations
- Outbound Tourism
- Tourism and Environment Studies
- Tourism Production