WHAT IS INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING ?
For UG: Candidates must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as core subjects. Independent entrance tests for this programme are also held by the various state, central, and private universities which mostly require 50% as the prerequisite to appear for the test.
For PG: Candidates must hold a degree in Bachelor of Engineering/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering along with a good score in entrance tests held for PG programme held by the various state, central, and private universities.
SCOPE OF INDUSTRIAL AND PRODUCTION ENGINEERING
- Industrial and production engineers use principles of engineering, mass production and technology to help companies find ways to offer services or create a product efficiently.
- Industrial engineers work to improve the product through better management and quality control.
Job profiles available for industrial and production engineers are as follows:
Process Engineers and Industrial Managers
Manufacturing, Production and Distribution Ergonomics and Human Factors
Root cause analysis and process improvement
Make/Buy Analysis and Cost Estimation
- Automatic Control Systems
- Basic Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Fundamentals of Heat and Mass Transfer
- Measurement and Metrology
- Quality Engineering
- Theory of Machines
- Thermal Engineering
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Industrial and Production Engineering
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 268 Joined
- 23 Questions