Birla Institute of Technology Mesra was established in the year 1955 by Mr. B.M. Birla. The college campus lies over with an area of 780 acres offering programmes to over 10,000 across all its centres and 150 students to doctoral programmes. All the courses of BIT Mesra are approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and All India Council for Technical Education. (AICTE). The institute got the status of a deemed to be university in the year 1956 under Sec. 3 of the U.G.C. Act. The college offers admission to undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes through different All- India level and institute level tests.
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra is located in Mesra, Jharkhand. The nearest airport from the institute is the Birsa Munda Airport which is located 20.7 km away and students can reach the campus in about 1 hour. The nearest railway station is the Mesra Railway Station which is 3.3 km away from the institute. Students can hire an auto and reach the campus in approximately 7 mins.
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra is accredited by-
The National Board of Accreditation (NBA)
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
University of Aalborg (Denmark)
Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
Università degli Studi di Roma Tor Vergata (Italy)
Institut Teknologi, Bandung (Indonesia)
Purdue University, USA
University of Leeds (UoL), UK
University of New Brunswick, Canada
University of Houston (UH), USA
Clubs, Committees & Societies:-
Association of Computer Machinery (ACM)
Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC)
Environment Protection and Awareness Club (EPAC)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE)
Robolution- This Club comprises members who have interest in the field of robotics. Students interested in developing their own robots in the future are encouraged to join this club.
Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
Team Firebolt Racing
Team Aveon Racing
Dance Club- The Dance Club aims to develop the dancing skills of students. Members of this club learn and practice new forms of dance so that they can keep bettering themselves everyday.
Dramatics Society- The Dramatics Society motivates the students to develop their skills in drama and acting. Members of this society have also participated in different drama competitions inside the campus.
Fine Arts Society (FAS)- Fine Arts Society aims to nurture the skills of students in the field of arts. Students join this society to hone their skills in fine arts and learn new skills and techniques.
Leo Club- LEO club is a branch of the Lions Club which works towards the development of youth. This club provides a platform to students to contribute themselves towards the development of the society.
Literary Society (LitSoc)- This Society has been formed with the objective of developing the literary skills of students. Students of the institute join this club so that they can develop their spoken and written English. Members of the literary society also participate in different events and competitions conducted inside the campus.
Music Club- This Club comprises members who have skills related to music. Students join this club to learn more about music and develop their musical skills. Members of this club have also participated and won various competitions inside and outside the campus.
News and publication Society (NAPS)- This Society works as the publication department of all the news published on the website. All the latest news that are updated online on the website or are printed in the magazines are written by the members of this society.
Photographic Society- The Photography Society aims to develop the photography skills of students. Members of this society practice new techniques and also learn about new software and applications related to photography to gain more knowledge about photography.
Rotaract Club- The members of Rotaract Club aims to develop students in terms of technical and professional field. The members of this society also work for the well being of the society by developing their leadership skills.
Sports and Adventure Club (SAC)- This Club has been developed with the objective of encouraging the adventurous and sports activities of students like hiking, rafting, biking, cycling and various sports like cricket, football, badminton, basketball, volleyball etc. Students are encouraged to join this club so that they can enjoy their experience of studying in the institute apart from academics.
Student Mentorship Program (SMP)
Colleges and Departments
Find the list of Constituent, Affiliated Colleges, & Departments
Browse by Degree
Exams and Cutoffs
Birla Institute of Technology Mesra offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes related to several disciplines. The college offers admissions to B.Tech, B.E and B.Arch programmes on based JEE Main scores, B.Pharma programmes based on NEET UG scores, M.Tech programmes based on GATE scores,M.Pharma programmes based on GPAT scores and MBA programmes based on the scores of CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT. BIT Mesra also conducts an entrance test of their own for offering admissions to few courses. Detailed description on all programmes and its admission procedure, counselling procedure, document verification and other details are mentioned below.
For B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch programmes
- For admission to B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch programmes at BITS Mesra candidates need to qualify JEE Main.
- Students securing qualifying marks have to apply and participate in the JoSAA counselling process.
- Students need to fill choices in the counselling process and they have to select BIT Mesra as the preferred college while doing the choice locking.
- Based on AIR in JEE Main through CSAB (Central Seat Allocation Board) / JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) admission is offered to the eligible candidates.
For B.Pharma programme
- Students are offered admissions to the B.Pharma programme on the basis of marks scored in NEET UG.
- Admissions are offered in the ratio of 60:40, where 60% weightage is given to the scores in NEET UG and 40% weightage is given to the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Students have to register themselves for the counselling process on the official website of NEET.
- Students need to lock their choice as BIT Mesra as their preferred college while doing the choice locking.
Students will get admission to the B.Pharma programme on the basis of counselling participation, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fees payment.
For B.H.M.C.T programme
- Admission to the B.H.M.C.T programme is offered on the basis of the marks scored in the written test and interview conducted by the authority.
- Students need to score qualifying marks in the written test to appear for the interview.
- After securing qualifying marks in the test and interview, students have to apply for the admission process on the official website of the institute along with required documents and fees payment.
- Admissions will be offered to the B.H.M.C.T programme after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees.
For BBA and BCA programmes
- Students will get admission to BBA and BCA programmes on the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Students have to apply for these programmes on the official website of the institute along with required documents and fees payment.
- Admissions will be offered after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For B.Sc Animation and Multimedia programme
- Candidates seeking admission to the B.Sc Animation and Multimedia programme need to appear and qualify the written test conducted by the authority.
- Candidates need to apply for this programme on the official website along with needed documents and fees payment.
- Students will be offered admission to the B.Sc Animation and Multimedia programme after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For MBA programme
- Students will be offered admission to the MBA programme on the basis of the marks scored in CAT/MAT/XAT/CMAT.
- Students having qualifying marks need to appear for the GD and PI conducted by the institute.
- Candidates need to clear GD first to appear for the interview.
- Candidates will be offered admission after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For MCA programme
- Students interested in taking admission to the MCA programme need to appear and qualify for the institute level online entrance test.
- Students need to secure qualifying marks to get admission to the MCA programme.
- Students have to apply for the admission process on the official website of BIT Mesra along with requisite documents and fees payment.
- Students are offered admission to the MCA programme after the successful verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For M.Tech/M.E programmes
- Students need to appear and qualify GATE to get admission to M.Tech/M.E programmes.
- Candidates are offered admission on the basis of a ratio of 80:20. 80% weightage is given to GATE scores and 20% weightage is given to the overall academic record of the student.
- Based on their GATE scores, students can proceed for CCMT counselling that is conducted to admit students to M.Tech/M.E programmes.
- Candidates will have to select BIT Mesra as their first preference while doing the choice locking during counselling process.
- Candidates will be offered admission to M.Tech/M.E programmes based on the counselling participation, choice locking, choice filling, document verification and payment of fees.
For M.Pharma programme
- Students seeking admission to the M.Pharma programme need to appear and qualify GPAT and have a good academic record.
- Non-GPAT students need to appear and qualify the entrance test conducted by the institute.
- Students need to register themselves for the counselling process on the official website of the institute along with required documents and fees payment.
- Students will be offered admission to the M.Pharma programme after the successful verification of documents and fees payment at the institute.
For M.Sc programmes-
- Students are offered admission to M.Sc programmes on the basis of the merit of the overall academic record.
- Students need to apply for M.Sc programmes on the official website along with required documents and fees payment.
- Students will be offered admission to M.Sc programmes after the successful verification of documents and fees payment.
For M.Sc Animation Design programme
- Students need to appear and qualify the institute level entrance test conducted by the authority.
- Candidates securing qualifying marks in the test need to apply for the programme on the official website along with required documents and fees payment.
- Admissions will be offered to the M.Sc Animation Design programme after the successful verification of documents of payment of fees at the institute.
For Integrated M.Sc programmes
- Candidates will be offered admission to Integrated M.Sc programmes on the basis of the merit of the qualifying exam.
- Students have to apply online on the official website along with required documents and fees payment.
- Students will get admission to these programmes after the verification of documents and payment of fees at the institute.
For Ph.D programmes
- Students seeking admission to Ph.D programmes need to appear and qualify for the written test conducted by BIT Mesra.
- Qualifying candidates also need to go through an interview conducted by the authority.
- Students have to apply for their respective research programmes on the official website of the institute along with the required documents and fees payment.
- Students also need to have a good academic record to get admission to Ph.D programmes.
- Candidates will be offered admission to Ph.D programmes on the basis of academic record, marks scored in written test and interview, document verification and fees payment.
Engineering and Architecture (B.Arch)
Management and Business Administration (M.B.A)
The institute provides facilities like CAD Lab, central library, Central Instrumentation Facility, healthcare, hostel, transport, canteen, shopping complex, guest house, sports etc are provided to the students, staff and faculty. Detailed description on all the facilities provided are mentioned below.
CAD Lab- The CAD Lab is well designed with 2D and 3D design and analysis software for students, staff and faculty. The computers are well equipped with software like Auto-desk products like Auto-CAD, Auto-CAD Inventor Professional, Auto-CAD Mechanical Desktop etc. The lab remains from morning to night for the students and faculty. The lab is also well equipped with internet facilities for better convenience of students and faculty.
Central Library- The central library was established in 1955 which has a collection of text and reference books, journals, e-journals, online databases, newspapers and magazines providing all necessary information to the students, staff and faculty of the institute. The library also has access to library software called LIBSYS to provide easy access to information.
Central Instrumentation Facility- The Central Instrumentation Facility is provided with the latest equipment to help the students and faculty in research in the field of science and technology. The facility includes methods regarding chemical/material analysis/testing/characterization for the development of society through constant efforts. This facility is made available for undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students and can also be availed by other institutions on payment.
Healthcare- The healthcare unit is provided with 5 Allopath & 1 Homeopath Doctor and 20 paramedical staff providing all medical facilities to the students, faculty and their family members, staff and their family members and other villagers residing around the campus. The healthcare unit remains open 24x7, including Sundays and other holidays. The healthcare unit also provides 4 ambulances needed in case of any emergency.
Hostel- BIT Mesra has 11 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls providing separate accommodation to boys and girls. Boys hostels are provided with single sharing rooms well equipped with furniture and basic facilities. Other facilities like dining hall, reading room, entertainment hall etc are also provided. The students are also provided with facilities for indoor and outdoor games, quizzes, competitions and adventure trips. All the hostels also have mess facilities of their own serving quality and hygienic food to students.
Transport- Transport facility is available to students and staff. Transport facility is provided to the students, staff and faculty keeping their safety and security in mind.
Canteen & Shopping Complex- The shopping complex has a variety of facilities available including eateries, beauty parlours, stationary shops, tailoring etc. The canteen also serves a large variety of snacks and meals at affordable rates.
Guest House- The guest house is provided with all basic facilities for the comfortable stay of guests. The guest house is available to guests visiting the institute for academic purposes, guests visiting the institute for seminars, conferences, lectures and parents of students studying in BIT Mesra.
Sports Facility- The college provides facilities for playing various outdoor and indoor games to students. Different playgrounds and courts are also provided for playing outdoor games including basketball, cricket, badminton, football etc. Students of this college have also participated and won various sports competitions inside and outside the institute.
Bit mesra off campus deoghar review
Last Seen: 30 May' 20
Joined On: 30 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering
My overall college experience has been quite enjoyable.
All in all its a great place to be. Life is chill here.
Last Seen: 26 May' 20
Joined On: 15 May' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: In Graduation
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2023
- B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
Overall the colledge is very good for learning
Questions related to BIT Mesra
Which istitute is better option for management course ,RGIPT:Jais,or BIT:Mesra
I don't personally know about the college but as far as ranking , ratings and students reviews are concerned RGIPT , Amethi is a bit better than BIT , Meshra .
Did I get admission in bit mesra through jee main paper 1
BIT Mesra takes admission on the basis of score in JEE Mains paper 1. It takes through JOSAA and CSAB counseling. You need to have rank under 25000AIR to get admission in this college.For cse branch ,Your rank has to be under 10K.
The college offers admissions to B.Tech, B.E and B.Arch programmes on based JEE Main scores
For more details about BIT Mesra please visit this link
Hope it helps
How much rank should I get in ap eamcet to get cse seat in Andhra university.....I am local of Visakhapatnam will it help me a bit my category is ews
In 2018 the cut off for Andhra University, Vishakapatnam for admission to Computer Science Engineering was 931 for general category (local candidate).In 2018 there were no separate reservations for EWS category and 2019 cut off data is not available.We cannot predict the cut off rank for EWS. But if you secure a rank in top 1500 you may have decent chances of getting seat in AU.In 2020 cut off changes depending on number of candidates appeared, number of seats available etc.
Hi, Im in class 11. My questions are: 1. Due to Covid-19 will the Aptitude test for KVPY be held after November this year? 2. How many students are selected after the Aptitude test and Interview round? 3. If I score a bit above the passing marks, will I be called for the interview?? Help plz.
The KVPY examination proceeds in two levels. The first level is the aptitude test and any student who meets the eligibility criteria can appear for this exam.
The second level is the interview round which selects candidates based on their performance in the previous round. The selection process to shortlist the candidates is not always predetermined and no fixed percentage as a selection criterion is given.
As of now, no fixed dates for the examination are given.
However, tentative dates suggest that the first level examination will be held in November, 2020 and the interview round might be conducted as late as January, 2021.
Hope this information helps
Best of luck!!
I am in second year of MBBS . i am not sure if I want to pursue further career in india or abroad. also , I need a bit briefing about usmle .
If you are planning to settle abroad do PG in abroad and make sure that MCI has approved it. The medical council of India has approved PG courses only from these 5 countries- USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand.
I can get from your question that you are willing to write the US Medical License Exam (USMLE). Since you are an international applicant you need to score higher than the average marks scored by the US applicants.
All the best.
Candidates who wish to apply for B.E/B.Tech admission into BIT Mesra can no....
Institute: Birla Institute of TechnologyCampus: Patna, Deoghar & Jaipur....
Provisional selections for EBC/OBC in B.E. programme 2012 at BIT MESRA Furt....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College: