WHAT IS PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING ?
Petrochemical engineering is a branch of Chemical Engineering which deals with operations involved in refining petroleum or crude oil by the use of advanced technology. The course also includes extraction of crude petroleum obtained from the core of earth. Students learn about the mechanism and techniques involved in activities like exploration, production and exploitation of oil or natural gases. After the completion of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in petroleum engineering, students can work in job profiles like petroleum geologists, drilling engineers, reservoir engineers and production engineers.Expand
- For UG: Candidates must be Class XII passed out from a recognised institute.
- For PG: Candidates must have completed B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering from a recognised AICTE institute.
SCOPE OF PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- The collaboration of government and private firms with international investors and oil companies in gulf countries has increased employment opportunities for pass outs in petrochemical engineering.
- There are multinational companies based in UAE offering good salary packages to experienced employees in job profiles of petroleum geologists, drilling engineers, reservoir engineers and production engineers
- Acoustics and Noise control
- Advanced Marine Structures
- Coastal Engineering
- Computational Engineering/ Thermodynamics
- Concept of Engineering Design
- Flow Induced Vibration
- Guidance and control of Marine Vehicles
- Ocean Mining and Dredging
- Port and Harbour Structures
- Random Vibration
COURSE LEVEL DETAILS
QNA - COURSE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Join this QNA topic to get updates about latest happenings about the course!
- 492 Joined
- 23 Questions
What are various institution for mining and petrochemical engineering
What is eligbilty and required marks for petroleum engineering??
petroleum engineering eligliblity
Chemical Engineering Petrochemical Engineering Petrochemical Engineering Scope Chemical Engineering ScopeView all tags
What about petrochemical field for job? What about for chemical engineering? Which is best??
To crack for petroleum engineering, how much should i score in jee mains?
In jee mains,how much marks should I score to crack petroleum enginering branch in PDPU?