- Mode: Full time
- Duration: 6 Years
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is an offered Full-time Doctoral program and it is offered by Adesh University, Bhatinda. Ph.D. program shall be for a minimum duration of three years, including course work and a maximum of six years. Extension beyond the above limits will be governed by the relevant clauses as stipulated in the Statute/Ordinance of the individual Institution concerned.
1. The University shall admit students for Ph.D. programmes through an entrance test at the level of the University, dates for which are notified on the University. Candidates who have qualified following examinations will be exempted from entrance test:
- UGC/CSIR-NET/JRF examination.
- GATE/SLET/Teacher Fellowship examination.
- M.Phil. examination.
2. All the candidates will appear for an interview. At the time of the interview, the doctoral candidates are expected to discuss their research interests/area and are to be assessed for their suitability for the programme.
3. Candidates seeking admission to Ph.D. programme should get the prospectus and application form from the University
4. Admission of Foreign Students: Foreign applicants will be considered at any time if recommended by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India. The foreign nationals must produce a valid research visa at the time of seeking admission to the Ph.D. programme. If admitted, they will be governed by the rules of Government of India and by Adesh University from time to time.
5. Entrance Test: An Entrance Test and interview will be conducted by the university on a pre-announced date. The question paper will be for a 2 hours’ test: One hour for testing Research Aptitude (General) and one hour for testing the domain knowledge. A minimum of 60% score both in the test and interview is required to be eligible for provisional admission to Ph.D. programme. Question paper for Research Aptitude Test (General) and domain knowledge will be set and evaluated by a board consisting of the concerned subject experts duly constituted by the Vice Chancellor.
Bachelor degree in Medicine and Surgery/ Dental Sciences/ Ayurvedic Medicine/ Physiotherapy/ Nursing/ Paramedical Sciences/ Management followed by a post graduate degree in the specialization/ management with 55% marks both at graduate and post graduate level