Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur was established in the year 2006. In order to honour the first Nobel Laureate of the country, Dr. C.V. Raman, the university was named after him. All India Society for Electronics & Computer Technology Group is the sponsoring body of the university and has established the university. CVRU is recognised by University Grants Commission. The university offers Undergraduate, Post-Graduate, Doctoral, Diploma and Integrated Programmes to the students.
Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur is located at Kargi Road, Kota in Chhattisgarh. Kargi Road Railway Station is around 3 km away from the institute. Bilaspur Airport is approx 48 km away from the University. CVRU is around 27 km away from Bilaspur Shahri Sarvjanik Yatayat Soscaity City Bus Depo & Terminal. Candidates can hire a taxi or take an auto-rickshaw to reach the institution.
Accreditation and Collaborations:
Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur has been accredited by NAAC.
CVRU has the following collaborations.
- IIT Bombay
- MHRD, Govt. of India.
- IIT Kanpur
- Sai Baba Nursing Home
- Sri Aurobindo Society, Pondicherry
- Prasar Bharti (Doordarshan)
- Elcon Instruments Private Limited
- Galaxy Motors
- Binomial Solutions
- Arun Mobiles and repairs
- Tayal Tech
- iDeliver Technologies
- Narmada Drinks Private Limited
- Satya Automobiles
- Black Diamond
Clubs, Societies and Committees:
- Adventure Club: This Club invites enthusiastic students to be a part of it and experience the thrills and adventure of nature.
- National Service Scheme (NSS): NSS create social awareness and imparts human values in students and creates a spirit of social service amongst them.
- Eco Club: The members of this Club works to create awareness about the environment in every individual and motivate people to take more care of nature.
- Sports Club: This Club promotes sports and encourages students to actively participate in various sports programmes and activities conducted by them.
- Yoga Club: This club promotes Yoga and focuses on the physical fitness of people along with having a peaceful mind.
This College is accredited by NAAC B+ (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) validity is 04 Nov 2021 and the score is 2.61 .
Exams and Cutoffs
Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur (CVRU) offers the various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programme. Admission to various courses offered by CVRU is done on the basis of entrance examination and on merit basis. For admission to B.Tech and B.Ed courses admission is offered on the basis of candidates score in All India entrance test conducted by the university. For admission to M.Tech courses, candidates have to appear in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). Admission. For various other apart from BE, B.Ed, ME and PhD, admission will be done on merit basis as per the marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the all India entrance test conducted by the university.
- Based on the marks secured in the entrance test, candidates will be offered admission.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the University Entrance Test.
- Based on the marks secured in the University Entrance Test, a merit list will be prepared.
- Final admission will be offered on the basis of the merit in the entrance test.
- Candidates have to apply for a programme on the university website.
- Candidates have to appear in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Admission will be offered on the basis of candidates' scores in GATE.
- Candidates have to apply and appear for the entrance test.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance test and shortlisted will be called for interview.
- Final admission will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance test and the performance in the interview.
Admission to all other courses except BE, B.Ed. & PhD
- Candidates have to register and apply online on the college website.
- Based on the marks of the qualifying exam a merit list will be prepared.
- Admission will be offered on the basis of merit of the qualifying exam.
Engineering and Architecture (B.E /B.Tech)
Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur has adequate infrastructure like hostel, library, etc which helps the students to have a hassle-free learning experience throughout their college life. It also provides facilities to the students like sports, cafeteria, etc. in order to give them a break from the regular academic schedule they follow. Students can avail these facilities in their free time for their recreation.
Laboratories: The institution has laboratories for the students in order to apply their knowledge practically and gain exposure. These laboratories are well equipped with the latest technologies and equipment.
Hostel: The institution provides hostel facilities to boys and girls. Students can avail the facilities of Wi-Fi networks, indoor games, TV rooms, etc.
Medical Unit: In order to cater to the medical needs of the students the institution has a Medical Unit which provides medical facilities to the students, staff and faculty.
Cafeteria and Canteen: The college has a cafeteria that provides nutritious, healthy and hygienic meals and snacks to the students at a reasonable price to the students.
Computing Centre: The institute has a computing centre to satisfy all the computational and technological requirements of the students and the faculty.
Library: The institution has a library that has all kinds of text and reference books for the students and is a perfect place for book lovers. Students can avail the facility of the digital library.
Sports: The institute provides sports facilities and encourages them to participate in indoor and outdoor games for their physical and mental well being.
Transportation: The institute provides bus services to the students, staff and faculty for their transportation from different parts of the city.
Gymnasium: The institution has a gymnasium which has all the latest equipment for the students to remain fit. Instructors and trainers are present at the gymnasium to train the students.
I could have joined better college but its okay here too
Last Seen: 20 Jun' 20
Joined On: 20 Jun' 20
Education Interest: Engineering and Architecture
Education Level: Graduate & Above
- Batch of Jan. 1, 2018
- BE Civil Engineering
Best years of my life
Dr CV Raman University - Bilaspur
My college my pride
Questions related to CVRU
i have done my graduation in corrrespondance mode from Dr. Cv Raman university, bilaspur. whether im eligible for regular post graduation in any arts subject from Delhi University
Dr CV Raman University, Bilaspur- Institute of Distance and Open Learning is recognized by UGC, so there's no problem in pursuing post-graduation in Delhi University, You just need to fulfill the eligibility criteria according to your preferred course, you have to appear in entrance test regardint that as admission to PG is conducted 50% via merit for Delhi University Students and remaining 50% through entrance test.
What is the reviews of CVRU Bilaspur?
CVRU is one of the best university in Bilaspur which provides good quality of education to graduate and post graduate students to make them industry ready. The infrastructure and faculties are also good here. This college provides a good platform to develop the skills of the students. Placement Cell is also very active here. For more reviews visit-
Hope this helps...
All the best!!!
NEW DELHI: Dr C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bilaspur has announced the admi....
NEW DELHI: Dr C.V. Raman University (CVRU), Bilaspur has commenced the admi....
NEW DELHI: Dr C V Raman University, Chhattisgarh has issued the application....
Dr. CV Raman University has released the online application form for 4 year....
Careers360 shortlists over 5000 colleges across domains each year. Out of these colleges, only those colleges are rated/ranked which provide transparent data requested by Careers360. The cumulative scores of colleges are then calculated and they are divided into clusters as per their scores. Careers360 ranks private and government colleges separately as the support system of both types of Institutions is completely different.
Rating Methodology: Based on the individual scores secured by colleges in respective parameters the cumulative score of all the colleges ranked is calculated.
Ranking Methodology: The colleges are ranked as per the cumulative score that they have received. The college that has got the maximum cumulative score will be ranked first while the college that has got least cumulative score will be ranked last.
Public/Government Ownership: Institutions that are promoted by the central/state or provincial Government or Government aided agencies.
Private Ownership: Institutes that are promoted by private trusts/Socities/section 8 companies that are not for profits.
In India, a degree can only be delivered by an approved institution and awarded by an institution authorised to do so by an act of parliament or legislature. Approval of institutions can be in the form of affiliation, autonomy, constituent or even approved institution status accorded by a university.
Approval of this College:
UGC - University Grants Commission
Accreditation is a process by which the quality of all the programme is examined and certified normally by an external body of academics in a college. It validates and certifies the academic processes practised within an institute are robust and relevant.
Accreditation of this College:
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council
Validity : 04 Nov 2021 ; CGPA : 2.61